Q&A with Kathryn Leigh Scott discussion

Return to Collinwood > Join My Twitter Party Next Week!

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Leigh Scott (kathrynleighscott) | 174 comments Mod
Next Tues, 6/5, I'll be hosting a Twitter Party 5-6pm PT. Use #DSParty so I can see your questions. I will be answering in real time, so please be patient!

And don't forget that evening 7-9pm PT, there will be a Dark Shadows reunion on Moebanshee Lair's Visionary Radio podcast. Lara Parker, Marie Wallace, Jim Pierson and I will be taking questions live from callers at (732)707-7709. Visit www.GameConRadio.com to hear the show.

And this Goodreads Author Q&A goes until Monday evening, so get your questions in!

Have a great weekend.

Thanks to the greatest fans in the world!

Kathryn

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris | 6 comments Looking forward to it. Thanks again for the Q&A , see you on twitter :)

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne and others. Almost time for questions! Time to call in to the Radio Show. I can't really. I'm at my mom's and it's too awkward! Anyway, could someone ask about how you can become an extra, possibly in a Dark Shadows sequel, or in other films and TV? Then we could read all their books while we wait and wait to appear for our tiny part!

message 4: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 05, 2012 08:35PM) (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne! You sounded so at ease & calm on the air! What a cute voice! But oh my goodness! That wasn't my question! About Angelique and Josette being mortal enemies! Now boy I do ever feel like an idiot! Still, you did keep your word and called in. I would have, but I'm at my mom's with no cell phone. It'd be just my luck for her to pick up the phone while I'm on the air and start asking me who was I talking to? Was it long distance? Etc. Boy, would that have ever have been embarrassing! On the air no less! I better get that cell phone again!

My question was something like, "Which actors from the new DS movie was Kathryn most excited to meet, and which ones where most excited to meet her!" Thanks anyway though! Now I hope she and Lara don't think I'm some really obnoxious dummy. I'll take the blame though. I should have called in! No big deal at all. It was funny actually! Thanks for thinking of me though. That was sweet!

message 5: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 05, 2012 09:20PM) (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments So Anne, that was great! The questions you asked on the radio show, about how Kathryn came to met Greta Garbo, and about her being asked out by Cary Grant. You were calm as a cucumber, and seemed like you were an old pro asking the stars questions on the air.

Now I better give all this questioning and chatting a rest for a while! I know where to find you all though, and I'm so glad I had the chance to meet up with you, Kathryn, and everyone else.

Maybe we will get to meet someday-all of us, or some of us. I know we have lots in common. Take care for now!

message 6: by Anne (last edited Jun 05, 2012 10:46PM) (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "So Anne, that was great! The questions you asked on the radio show, about how Kathryn came to met Greta Garbo, and about her being asked out by Cary Grant. You were calm as a cucumber, and seemed l..."

Stephanie, what happened was, that question was from my cousin Barbara and then before Moe (the host) got to YOUR question for Lara, they got interrupted by a phone call and unfortunately never got back to YOUR question...I DID get your name out there!! LOL!! And "Cousin Barbara's"!! Kathryn realized which "Anne" she was talking to as soon as I mentioned Barbara...You see, Moe came on the line and asked me my questions (I had 3, one from me, one from Barbara and then yours.)...so you got screwed out of getting your question actually on the air!! But don't feel bad!! I have never called in to a radio show before!! I certainly hope I did OK!! The guy who asists Moe called me back because he missed my phone call and as soon as I spoke he said, "I LOVE Southern accents!! I was a Marine stationed in North Carolina!! I am going to set you up in a private chat with me and when you get ready to call, let me know.." and he bumped me way way up on the calls!! So I did get to talk to Kathryn and ask our questions; it's just that Moe (the host) never got back to my last question (yours)...sorry!! But STEPHANIE got her name on the air!!! YAY!! Now make sure you stay in touch; you can always find me on the Collinsport Historical Society; alot of times I just sign my name Wolfgirl...I think I told you about that... Anne

message 7: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "So Anne, that was great! The questions you asked on the radio show, about how Kathryn came to met Greta Garbo, and about her being asked out by Cary Grant. You were calm as a cucu..."

And I only got to talk to Kathryn with my question; the other two questions (yours and Barbara's) Moe handled (badly I think)..Oh well...I tried...LOL - it was fun!!!! My husband thinks I have lost my mind; he said it's one thing to email and chat with Kathryn Leigh Scott but to CALL in on a radio show!!! (He's a Yankee from Boston and is very very very quiet!! You know they say opposites attract - it must be true - we just celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary! Kathryn even personalized my Dark Shadows Music Book: To Anne, Definitely NOT the quiet one!! Cracked me up!) Anne

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Yes, you did great! Really, I didn't want to be mentioned on the air. I should have kept my mouth shut! Something I'm trying to work on! Choosing my words more carefully. Listening more too. Talking way less.

You sounded good though. It was my fault making you think I wanted to be mentioned! I should have called myself, but like I was saying, I'm temporarily staying with my mom, and decided not to have a cell phone for now. I try to stay off her phone line. I'm very private actually. You know, like Greta Garbo! Ha, ha.

Talk with you on the other sites soon Wolf Girl.

message 9: by Anne (last edited Jun 05, 2012 10:52PM) (new)

Anne | 302 comments Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "So Anne, that was great! The questions you asked on the radio show, about how Kathryn came to met Greta Garbo, and about her being asked out by Cary Grant. You were c..."

Stephanie, you should email Kathryn!! She will answer you when she can (and she usually does); just don't send her too many; she gets overwhelmed! I have been emailing and chatting with her, nagging her to write that sequel to Dark Passages and she sent me an email from her iphone and told me I was as bad as her agent!! LOL!! But now she IS going to write the sequel...she has two other books coming out first...and they did say some cable outlet is going to start rebroadcasting DS in JULY!! Jim Pierson had to leave the radio show early for a meeting so I didn't get to ask him about who still owned the syndication rights to DS..am pretty sure it is the Dan Curtis estate..so I went with the Garbo question; I really thought that was so cool!! I mean, sharing an umbrella with Greta Garbo!! AND being asked out twice by Cary Grant! What a life Kathryn has led!! And she has all of us DS crazies in her life; but we are very protective of her and very proud of her....Anne

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne, One last thing for tonight! I think that marine liked you! My dad was in boot camp in N.C. and so was my old boyfriend who was stationed here! Love those marines! OO RA! Sempir Fidelis and all that! Even my ex was a Marine! Trained in Camp Pendleton, CA. They were called Hollywood Marines! He was not Sempir Fidelis though.

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "So Anne, that was great! The questions you asked on the radio show, about how Kathryn came to met Greta Garbo, and about her being asked out by Cary Grant. You were c..."

Anne, Tell you husband, you were supposed to call in! You did what Kathryn asked you to do. That's how radio talk shows work sometimes.

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "So Anne, that was great! The questions you asked on the radio show, about how Kathryn came to met Greta Garbo, and about her being asked out by Cary Gran..."

Anne, I'm glad you asked the Garbo question instead!

message 13: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 06, 2012 10:56AM) (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Hi Anne, I was just listening to some of Kathryn and Lara's radio interview from last night. It was really good, wasn't it? But oh my, I wish I'd said to you before it came on, "Please Anne, you can ask what you want on the air, but please don't mention me!" It's just that things can get so easily confused!

I think what happened is this. You accidentally thought that Barbara's question for Kathryn & Lara was a question that I wanted you to ask them on the air. The thing is, whops! It definitely wasn't a question I'd ever had, or one I'd want to ask them.

The problem was, that particular question seemed to annoy Lara, and I can't really blame her. The worst part was, it was attributed to me! Oh my. The last thing I wanted to do was to offend them. On the air no less.

I never felt that Angelique and Josette were mortal enemies onscreen, or that Lara and Kathryn were best friends off screen. When I heard you say Stephanie told me to ask you about that, I just cringed! You know how it is when someone says you said something you know you didn't say, but you're not there to set the record straight?

Still, I'm glad I got to hear you on the air, and that you got through. Your voice was so cute! After all, you were only trying to do what you thought I'd asked you to do. So your heart was in the right place.

I'll talk to you soon on the other sites! I just wanted to clear that up once and for all if I could. Silly, I know, but important to me.

message 14: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "So Anne, that was great! The questions you asked on the radio show, about how Kathryn came to met Greta Garbo, and about her being asked out..."

Stephanie, I am a big fan of old classic films so I AM glad I went with the Garbo question!! I can always email Kathryn and find out about "syndication rights" - blah, boring!! LOL - Hope I didn't embarrass you too much but Kathryn and Lara Parker knew what YOUR question was!! so yay! for that!! Hope we keep in touch; it's been so much fun chatting back and forth!! I don't know if I told you but a Dark Shadows Club up in New York have "adopted" me and my cousin Barbara...they are going to start watching DS from Episode 1 starting the last weekend in June..they meet on Sat. nights and are going to watch 5 episodes (i.e. one week's worth) at each meeting. So Barb and I are going to watch the 5 on Friday night and then email our comments to Keith & Eileen on Sat. morning so they can take them to the meeting with them!! (I told them just to get a red pen --see, can you tell I'm a teacher?? -- and scratch out anything TOO crazy!! LOL) I figure at this rate, we will be in touch for five years!! The show ran from June, 1966 until April, 1971. It really has a special meaning for me; my brother Dale and I watched it all the time and he was the best big brother ever!! We did all kinds of things together; he even taught me how to play baseball!! (My Dad worked long hours!) And then he died in October, 1970...the last thing he ever gave me was Josette's music box that he ordered out of the back of his Famous Monsters of Filmland..so sometimes when I am watching DS, I remember Dale's voice, his comments, lots of memories! So I am not a fanatic about the show like some people (I couldn't tell you an episode # if my life depended on it) but it is very very special to me... you get that, yes?? AND I get to meet people like you!! You just seem so sparkly, so nice!! Please keep in touch!! You can always post a comment on the Collinsport Historical Society that says Wolfgirl, where are you?? and I will get back with you. I don't know how long GoodReads will keep this thread open to let us keep commenting but I hope they let it run and run!!! Have a great day!!! Now I am going to go and listen to last night's broadcast and cringe at the sound of my own voice!!! LOL Anne

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "So Anne, that was great! The questions you asked on the radio show, about how Kathryn came to met Greta Garbo, and about her being asked out by Cary Gran..."

He's just so shy and private; I don't know how he has stood being married to a Southern woman all these years...yes, I do!! We KNOW how to manipulate our men!! LOL!!! Anne

message 16: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne, we must have sent e-mails at the almost the exact same time! What a coincidence! Yes, do listen again to the interview. You'll cringe! I did too when I heard my name mentioned. See, I'm a chicken for good reason! I know how embarrassing it can be, hearing yourself on the air.

Funny thing too about your brother getting that music box from the Famous Monsters of Film land magazine. That was a magazine my son just bought me recently because it had Jonathan Frid's last interview in it. He doesn't really have much money, he's just a teenager, so I thought, I'll always keep this magazine because he gave it to me.

He lives with his dad now, so I barely get to see him. Plus, he's always busy, so anything we do together holds special meaning. We went to Barnes & Noble that night he got me the magazine, and looked at all the new DS items, like Kathryn's new book. I was so excited about the new DS movie and DS in general. The best part though, was sharing it with my son.

Your big brother sounded great! You were so lucky to have him in your life. Did he die this October, or in October 1970?

message 17: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Anne, we must have sent e-mails at the almost the exact same time! What a coincidence! Yes, do listen again to the interview. You'll cringe! I did too when I heard my name mentioned. See, I'm a chi..."

Stephanie, my brother died in October, 1970.
And I just listened to the broadcast!! OH MY!!! Boy am I blushing!! What happened was that I WAS nervous and I did get your question mixed up with Barbara's!! Soo sorry!! But Lara wasn't annoyed...and Kathryn has told me in emails that she and Lara ARE indeed like best friends now. SO, forgive me!! Hopefully no harm done!! They won't associate it with you!! Kathryn knows what a ditz I am and I already sent her an email explaining the mix-up on the questions last night and how you really were a private person but that I wanted her to "know" your name because you are a fan...Anne

message 18: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 06, 2012 03:47PM) (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Wow. I'm sorry to hear that about your brother. I won't ask what happened. He died very young it seems. Boy though, did he ever seem like a great big brother to have.

Oh, that's okay about the radio question! I think you were just trying to do a funny and nice shout out to me. If you were nervous, you didn't sound like it. I know it's easy to get flustered in a situation like that. For one, that's why I didn't want to call! The other reason, my mom could have picked up! Really embarrassing!

I sent Kathryn some tweets too to explain what happened, and she said no problem. It really was no big deal.

I'm glad She and Lara are now best friends. A lot of good things and good relationships came out of that show, and they just keep coming! I met you because of DS, and hopefully we'll keep in touch.

I think I may try and set up a new facebook account tonight. Maybe get a google account. I have an extra aol account I can use, but everyone says that's not cool anymore. I'm not sure why that is! I just may have to be uncool and go with it for now though!

message 19: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Wow. I'm sorry to hear that about your brother. I won't ask what happened. He died very young it seems. Boy though, did he ever seem like a great big brother to have.

Oh, that's okay about the ra..."

I hope you do set up a facebook account!! Just be absolutely certain you set your security settings so that NO ONE but your friends can see anything but your name and profile pic (you don't have to have a profile pic, btw)..If you set it up, send me a friend request...Anne Hearn (the scrawny one with the wild red hair)...Told you not to worry about my flub on the radio! Kathryn is so sweet!!
And about my brother Dale: we were absolute best friends, conspirators, you name it; he protected me and shared things (like books and movies - maybe that's one reason I ended up double-majoring in History and Eng. Lit in college)...but one afternoon in October, 1970, I walked home from school alone and found him; he had committed suicide. Still hard after all these years when I think of everything the two of us have missed out on that we could have shared!!
Anne

message 20: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Wow. I'm sorry to hear that about your brother. I won't ask what happened. He died very young it seems. Boy though, did he ever seem like a great big brother to have.

Oh, that's..."

OH! on a much lighter note, Kathryn is going to autograph my Dark Shadows movie poster!! She said to mail it to her, no problem!! She's great!! Of course, I won't hang it up; it will go with all my other DS stuff...right now I am in a vicious bidding war over a Dark Shadows set-used item on eBay...at 10PM I will know if I am victorious!! LOL Anne

message 21: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 06, 2012 05:17PM) (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne, It's hard to know what to say. I'm glad at least you have so many good memories of him. He sounds like he was the greatest big brother ever.

message 22: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 06, 2012 04:38PM) (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne, Oh, hang it up! The DS poster that is! I think you need a special Dark Shadows display area. Like a curio cabinet or even a big closet. You could even put the poster on the back of a closet door. At least post a picture of it on facebook!

Hope you win your DS eBay item! Let me know what is you're getting. I sell stuff on there, but need to find some more things that sell well. I think DS items would be great sellers, but I don't have any! Isn't that terrible, that I'd sell DS mementos?!

message 23: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Stephanie wrote: "Anne, Oh, hang it up! The DS poster that is! I think you need a special Dark Shadows display area. Like a curio cabinet or even a big closet. You could even put the poster on the back of a closet d..."

Stephanie! You sound like my cousin Barbara! She thinks I should have a special display case for all my DS stuff (I have lots of things that were set-used on the show, photos, scripts, you name it!)..What name do you sell stuff on ebAY under?? I will have to check your site out! And YES! Shame on you for even considering selling DS stuff!! LOL Anne

message 24: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 06, 2012 07:28PM) (new)

Stephanie | 171 comments Anne, You need to open a DS museum with all of that! A display case would be too small! I'll just have to see it all when I come down. Who knows! It could happen!

Oh, I don't have much on eBay right now. I've sold most of my good stuff, and now just have some odds and ends. I need to find some more good things to sell. I used to buy and sell antiques now and then, but try shipping a dresser on eBay!

message 25: by Denise (new)

Denise | 52 comments Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Wow. I'm sorry to hear that about your brother. I won't ask what happened. He died very young it seems. Boy though, did he ever seem like a great big brother to have...."

As much as HODS posters are selling for, especially now it's signed, you really ought to get it framed. That won't be cheap, but a good shop can help protect it using conservation materials and ultraviolet glass.

message 26: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 11 comments What did Kathryn say about meeting Greta Garbo?

message 27: by Anne (new)

Anne | 302 comments Denise wrote: "Anne wrote: "Anne wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Wow. I'm sorry to hear that about your brother. I won't ask what happened. He died very young it seems. Boy though, did he ever seem like a great big bro..."

Stephanie, I have a guy who does a great job framing my artwork!! That is a good idea!! He has framed all of my George Rodriques....ever heard of him?? Cajun artist, the "Blue Dog" series, etc...?? Anne