Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
The Mortal Instruments > which series is better twilight or the mortal instruments?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 136 (136 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 489 comments Mod
The Mortal Instruments are so much better! I am not a fan of Twilight. Bella is way to whiny for my tastes and she relies on Edward too much. Plus Edward is just creepy. Jace on the other hand is hot and hilarious. My friends and I talk about TMI all the time too but we never talked about Twilight. Clary is also a stronger main character. She actually fights for what she believes in and she doesn't just sit around and act all helpless. The plot is also so much better! As soon as I finished City of Bones I needed the next book so bad. I can't stop thinking about the characters. But I really didn't like the Twilight books. In my opinion they were fairly boring.
So TMI is so much better!

Jessica | 123 comments I like both series but I'm going to have to go with The Mortal Instruments. It's just so good!
Cassandra Clare is just so tallented and creative!

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 52 comments I also love both series but The Mortal Instruments hands down.Cassandra Clare is a genius and so creative.

Rachel | 50 comments Mortal Instruments by far :)

Nora (nora_ramirez) | 4 comments the mortal instruments of course!
is not just another love story but it also has comedy, action and drama, You can relate to the characters, it has a great background you feel sympathy for their pain.

message 6: by Mig (last edited Jun 01, 2012 10:02PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mig (minzo) I'm both fans of Twilight and The Mortal Instruments.
Though, i only watched the Twilight movies... i don't have time to read it and my mom says it's too focused on love story will will probably bore me to death.

I'd have to say my choice goes to: The Mortal Instruments.

Maya  (mayaadorkable) | 11 comments the mortal instruments without a doubt !! i didnt mind reading the twilight saga but at times i was hella annoyed ! bella was just an annoying character i had hoped her character wouldve turned out better. i wanted more action from the twilight series.

now why i absolutely LOVE TMI is because:
1- i HVE NEVER BEEN BORED FROM READING IT ! I COULDNT PUT THE BOOK DOWN ONCE I STARTED!
2- very creative
3-characters are well developed that sometimes i feel they are real call me psycho but i feel i can really connect to them
4- the plot is great
5- when reading the books im always on the tip of my toes pacing back and forth in my room because how much i lose myself while reading the books
6- there is ACTIONNNN!!!! ( DAM BREAKING DAWN ANNOYED THE HELL OUT OF ME IN THE END WHEN THERE WASNT JUST COMPLETELY PISSED))
7- I love SIMON. i love his friendship with clary that to me it is one of the most beautiful relationships in the book
8- cassandra is really good at making jace extremely hot and having me laugh at everything he says ( well not everythin)
9- i love all the characters in the book ! they all stand out on their own have their own personalities that i love reading from their POVs
10- i love how cassandra ( as the series continues) lets us read from simons pov and the rest of the characters.
11- i love this series so much that i can continue typing all night why i love it. so its better i just stop here cuz i have a lot to do tomorrow and i will need my energy.

*LOVE TMI!!!!!

EVERYONE SHOULD READ THE INFERNAL DEVICES. THE BOOK IS ANOTHER SHADOW HUNTER BOOK BY CASSIE JUST SET IN THE VICTORIAN ERA. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT FOR EVERYONE TO READ!

Asser (asserbeeyatch) | 38 comments I'm a fan of both. But my vote is for TMI.

Jessica | 123 comments The Infernal Devices is really good too!! Cassie is just sooooo AMAZING! I wish I had her skills and talents!

Hannah (hannah1) | 911 comments Mod
I liked both series but MI hands down theres not really a contest. Jace is just perfect and Clary is such a strong character, Cassandra Clare is amazing...love it

message 11: by Juan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Juan (ldgm300) | 47 comments I haven't read the Twilight books, my friend wants me to read em but I'm like I will. I started reading the TMI series since two years ago and has been my favorite as well TID.

message 12: by Juan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Juan (ldgm300) | 47 comments Heheh I also hate waiting but have a lotbof books I want to read so I can dobthat meanwhile heheX)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Erika wrote: "The Mortal Instruments are so much better! I am not a fan of Twilight. Bella is way to whiny for my tastes and she relies on Edward too much. Plus Edward is just creepy. Jace on the other hand is h..."
I agree with Erika,but I read and liked the Twilight Saga books.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll choice MI over Twilight, anyday! :D

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) | 29 comments Mortal Instruments...duh! There's no comparison!

Brittany (brittel) | 19 comments I agree. No comparison!!!

Ashley Guymon (kit8806) | 11 comments TMI def!!! :) I just couldn't get into Twilight...

Ashley Guymon (kit8806) | 11 comments TMI def!!! :) I just couldn't get into Twilight...

Rachel | 3 comments The Mortal Instruments is better because it's unexpected. It keeps you in suspense. Twilight is like every other supernatural romance out there. Though the Mortal Insruments series is better, you can't deny that Twilight is a good series.

Brittany (brittel) | 19 comments I atleast thought New Moon was suspensful but not like TMI :)

Rachel | 3 comments Brittany wrote: "I atleast thought New Moon was suspensful but not like TMI :)"

I would have to say Breaking Dawn was the most suspenseful but TMI is still better.

Alyssa (alyssa_frazier) | 1 comments I liked twilight and it's good but it isn't close to how good The Mortal Instruments are.

(Aero)driguez (aerodriguez) Twilights.....okay. I don't hate it that much.

message 24: by Blujeanbooks96 (last edited Jun 22, 2012 04:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Blujeanbooks96 (wwwgoodreadscomblujean_books96) | 41 comments I agree that Twilight was okay, I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. I may read it again ages down the line.
SO, The Mortal Instuments is brilliant :)
Why:
1. The story line is far more interesting and well woven.
2. The characters are better. We see more development, growth and backstory. Plus they are just great to relate to and love. There's more variation.
3. The romance is more in depth and less 'OMG I love him' as soon as she sees him. It's much more well written.

That's about all I can think of atm.

Blujeanbooks96 (wwwgoodreadscomblujean_books96) | 41 comments Jeremy wrote: "Blujeanbooks96 wrote: "I agree that Twilight was okay, I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. I may read it again ages down the line.
SO, The Mortal Instruments is brilliant :)
Why:
1. The ..."

I agree! Edward was just so perfect and predictable, as was most of the plot. Jace had plenty of issues and faults, which made him much more realistic and believable. I agree that the Mortal Instruments was much more unexpected. There were so many twists and turns in comparison to Twilight. It made it much more interesting.

message 26: by Rach (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rach (rachy29) | 2 comments I do love both series but i'd have to say The Mortal Instruments. I love it because of the awesome characters eg. Jace <3 and that it is a longer series to get you interested. Plus i've read TMI more than twilight :)

Madeleine (dramaqueenmaddie13) | 9 comments No doubt about it, Mortal Instruments, anywhere, anytime. Cassandra Clare is a wonderful, talented person, and she puts together this magical world with awesome characters and an awesome story line? Totally my fav series, GO CASSANDRA CLARE AND GO MORTAL INSTRUMENTS!

(Aero)driguez (aerodriguez) Mortal Instruments is extremely amazingly amazing! There's 1000's of reasons why it's better. But, I don't hate Twilight either

Gracie | 16 comments Defintely Mortal Instruments. The storyline is way better! I LOVE how Cassandra Clare wrote about something never used before. Shadow hunters!! :) Very original. Vampires and werewolves are written about wayy to much.

Gracie | 16 comments Jeremy wrote: "Gracie wrote: "Defintely Mortal Instruments. The storyline is way better! I LOVE how Cassandra Clare wrote about something never used before. Shadow hunters!! :) Very original. Vampires and werewol..."

Yeah Me too. I still read about them I just don't like them as much as I use to.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

mortal instruments all the way

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Jeremy wrote: "Mariah wrote: "mortal instruments all the way"

i agree :)"

Alyssa Newkirk | 6 comments Mortal instruments. it's that simple.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Mortal instruments. it's that simple."

agreed

Alyssa Newkirk | 6 comments Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mortal instruments. it's that simple."

agreed"

I know right. I need to read the rest of the series ASAP. I've only read City of Bones.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mortal instruments. it's that simple."

agreed"

I know right. I need to read the rest of the series ASAP. I've only read City of Bones."

wow have u read infernal devices?

Alyssa Newkirk | 6 comments Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mortal instruments. it's that simple."

agreed"

I know right. I need to read the rest of the series ASAP. I've only read City of Bones.""

no... what's that about?

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mortal instruments. it's that simple."

agreed"

I know right. I need to read the rest of the series ASAP. I've only read City of Bones.""

yeah its a great series

Gracie | 16 comments Alyssa wrote: "Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mortal instruments. it's that simple."

agreed"

I know right. I need to read the rest of the series ASAP. I've only read City of Bones."..."

You really should read The infernal devices!! Its like a prequel to mortal instruments..Its really good.

Alyssa Newkirk | 6 comments Gracie wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mortal instruments. it's that simple."

agreed"

I know right. I need to read the rest of the series ASAP. I've only read ..."

oh... okay.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Gracie wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mortal instruments. it's that simple."

agreed"

I know right. I need to read the rest of the series ASAP. ..."

yeah

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Both are good but you are less likely to get bored with The Mortal Instruments because Cassandra Clare is an amazing author.

Gracie | 16 comments Francesca wrote: "Both are good but you are less likely to get bored with The Mortal Instruments because Cassandra Clare is an amazing author."

Agreed!

Olivia (curlyheadreader03) | 2 comments the mortal instruments!!!!! I love twilight but............ the mortal instruments has all that i love!! Warlocks, vampires, faries, werewolves!!! its totally awesome!!! XD also i ABSOLUTLEY in love with Magnus and Alec!!!

Emily G (awesomeperson_333) | 2 comments Mortal Instruments is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Twilight!!!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Katrin (kitkatkathy!) wrote: "THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS FOREVER!!!!!!!!! (AND INFERNAL DEEVICES!!!!-WILL!!!)
1. I do like the characters more. I feel you can relate to them more and the setting too. You have their sarcasm and wit..."

SAME HERE

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Mariah wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Mortal instruments. it's that simple."

agreed"

I know right. I need to read the rest of the series ASAP. I've only read City of Bones."

read it super fast!! and 'course TMI

Asser (asserbeeyatch) | 38 comments Jeremy wrote: "What I really don't like is everybody compares every new series to twilight and it pisses me off because they are not like twilight at all."

Agree! :)

Tiffie TMI for sure... I´m really not a fan of twilight. I ´ve read the books, though. And I have to say I was so incredibly sad about the development of Bella´s character. I guess it´s just not for me..

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) Erika wrote: "The Mortal Instruments are so much better! I am not a fan of Twilight. Bella is way to whiny for my tastes and she relies on Edward too much. Plus Edward is just creepy. Jace on the other hand is h..."

I agree with everything you said!! :)

« previous 1 3