Beyond Reality discussion

Throne of the Crescent Moon (The Crescent Moon Kingdoms, #1)
This topic is about Throne of the Crescent Moon
Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > THRONE OF THE CRESCENT MOON: roll call and initial impressions (*NO SPOILERS*)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
Please let us know if you're reading, planning to read or have read Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed!

No spoilers in this topic please!

Candiss (tantara) | 1207 comments I'm starting this today! I'm a sucker for any book with a prominent older/venerable character.

Jasmine M | 19 comments I finished it last night, and ready to discuss

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) I finished it some time ago. I loved it. I am ready to discuss it.

Candiss (tantara) | 1207 comments Victoria - Goodreads apparently had a hiccup and posted your comment five times! I cleaned the thread up, leaving just the one. (I assume you didn't want five identical comments...) ;)

Random (rand0m1s) | 820 comments I'm about two thirds of the way through the book and hope to be finished with it soon.

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) Candiss wrote: "Victoria - Goodreads apparently had a hiccup and posted your comment five times! I cleaned the thread up, leaving just the one. (I assume you didn't want five identical comments...) ;)"

Sorry about that. I Don't know what happened there. I try not to repeat myself. ;)

Nikita (nikita42) I've got this on my e-reader and ready to go after I finish To Say Nothing of the Dog.

Jenny (jennyc89) | 127 comments I started this a few days ago and I'm really enjoying it. I like the middle east-like theme (at least that's what I think it is). It makes it different from other fantasy novels. I too like that one of the main characters is older. It's also nice to support an author from my home, Metro Detroit!

message 10: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 31 comments I've got it on my reader and looking forward to starting. I've "chatted" with Saladin a few times on twitter and he seems like a cool cat.

message 11: by Helen (new)

Helen Can he bump the UK release date?

message 12: by Ken (new)

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments This is one of those books that unfortunately I judge a book by its cover.
I see this and it seems a joke to me. A Pratchett or Adams book. Also its only a hard cover and I am not interested in taking a chance
So this is a pass for me

Tiemen Zwaan I read the first three chapters today. The prologue was a bit meh for me ( oh dear, not another one of those ancient evils reawakening stories again) but the first chapter grabbed me and I enjoyed the first three chapters very much. Interesting characters so far and you get the feeling that the author had a lot of fun crafting the setting and made a real effort to get the details just right.

message 14: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3154 comments Mod
NPR thought this was one of the best SF/F books of the summer.

http://www.npr.org/2012/06/19/1551138...

message 15: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani (danooli) so far, I wish there were more hours in the day so I had more time to read this!