Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Group changes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 218 comments Mod
I've added some folders and closed some old one, archiving the posts from various monthly film/director focus threads. Let me know what you think or other thoughts. I just wanted to expand the number of subjects out there while giving a little more order to the group. :)

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie Thank you!

message 3: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10493 comments wow, ed, i'm impressed. you're off to a great start this year....is this the result of your new year's resolutions?

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie Members can help Ed out by moving threads they have started into the appropriate categories.

message 5: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10493 comments i did a little work on that last night.

message 6: by Ed (new)

Ed | 218 comments Mod
Thanks...I don't know if it was part of a resolution but I'll make one now to spend more time on the site. :)

message 7: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 469 comments great idea
to streamline the group.
too many threads

message 8: by Angie (new)

Angie Maybe a thread for action flicks?

message 9: by Ed (new)

Ed | 218 comments Mod
I'll check.

message 10: by Ceci (new)

Ceci (cecialbiceleste) | 529 comments Great job, Ed! Well done! :)

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) Umm, you forgot one more genre. Can you add Fantasy Fiction? If so, thanks!

message 12: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10493 comments perhaps it should be labelled merely "fantasy"...fantasy sort of implies that it's fiction.

it might also be nice to have a folder for documentaries....

♥{Miranda!®}♥  (bella) yeah, just fantasy will be fine, lol! Documentaries would be good.

message 14: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10493 comments ;)

message 15: by Candy (last edited Feb 14, 2009 01:14AM) (new)

Candy Hi Ed and all,

Ijust found the invitation to this group and joined. I immediately cut and pasted some movie reviews intoa general themed thread...and now see you have added categories etc. I should have looked around a bit before I posted...ooops. Well, I'll try to sort my posts out and put different movie notes into respective topics.

Looks like a great joint

Thanks for the invite
Cheers
Candy

message 16: by Ed (new)

Ed | 218 comments Mod
Thanks! :)

message 17: by Becca (new)

Becca (becca2) | 86 comments I know Candy from some other Goodreads groups. Believe me, she is one of the coolest kids on the block!

message 18: by Candy (new)

Candy Right back at ya Becca!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the polls in this group.

message 20: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (children_first) | 3 comments Has anyone seen the new documentary

Flight From Death-- The Quest for Immortal Life.

I just watched it and want to know what you think.

message 21: by ☺Caleb☻ (last edited Jul 20, 2009 07:08AM) (new)

☺Caleb☻ Sanders (killerkittyklaws) | 4 comments Can we have a musicals topic?

oh yeah and my name is Caleb and I'm new to this group I saw some familiar people here, its nice to be in another movie group....

message 22: by Phillip (last edited Nov 03, 2009 07:03AM) (new)

Phillip | 10493 comments I don't know if he is checkng this site regularly or not. perhaps ishould send him a pm and let him know there are some folks who have questions...

message 23: by Ceci (new)

Ceci (cecialbiceleste) | 529 comments I was wondering if it'd be possible to have an Animated Movies topic... I sent Ed a message about it. :)

message 24: by Anna (new)

Anna (lilfox) | 465 comments Cissy wrote: "I was wondering if it'd be possible to have an Animated Movies topic... I sent Ed a message about it. :) "

That would be great.

message 25: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10493 comments good luck with that. i've sent personal messages to ed, but he never responded.

message 26: by Ed (new)

Ed | 218 comments Mod
Sorry; I've been off for a while; will make some changes. :) Change the picture of the group?

message 27: by Ed (new)

Ed | 218 comments Mod
I've added the animation...with the advent of 3D everywhere I'm sure there will be more and more ideas for file folders. Thanks! And any other changes, just email me or post here. As to a new picture for the group, send me one you think we should use and I'll see.

message 28: by Phillip (last edited Dec 25, 2009 10:45PM) (new)

Phillip | 10493 comments thanks for checking in, ed, nice to have you back!

message 29: by Ed (new)

Ed | 218 comments Mod
Thanks! The site always is great, with or without me. :)

message 30: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Yes, Ed, glad you're back!

message 31: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) Happy New Year Ed!!!!!

message 32: by Ed (new)

Ed | 218 comments Mod
Happy New Year to you all! :)

message 33: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10493 comments the above post has been flagged for abuse

message 34: by Deeg (new)

Deeg | 5 comments I wanted to know if anyone has seen that new movie that Jonny Depp and Anjolina made together recently. I forgot the title but I though it was pretty good. Something about him being new to Paris or something and Anjolina a cop. Not "Salt" but a newer movie. Well and I did see Salt too. I thought it was alright. She has a way of dieing for the right cause. Like in "Wanted." Anway, just wanted to make small talk and get to know you all.

message 35: by Phillip (last edited Mar 24, 2011 12:57PM) (new)

Phillip | 10493 comments you are thinking about a movie called The Tourist, which was released last year, if I'm not mistaken. from the looks of the previews, it looks like it was shot in venice.

message 36: by Deeg (new)

Deeg | 5 comments Yes you are right. That is what it was called.I don't get out much. Lol it was released last year. I'm behind on my movies.Did you see it?

message 37: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10493 comments i missed it, and have it queued on my netflix waiting list.

message 38: by Deeg (new)

Deeg | 5 comments Cool, let me know what you thought of it.

message 39: by Beth (new)

Beth (pigletpsu) hi everyone! i'm new to this group and am 34 female from Pittsburgh,PA who LOVES movies. my all time favorite, and movie i have on pause right now is Jaws. Just the music and the directing are so amazing. the last "new" movie i saw was Despicable Me?? I loved it! great movie to see for all ages.

message 40: by Deeg (new)

Deeg | 5 comments LOL, I can't stand scary movies. I hate being scare and not in control of a situation. But I did see jaws and maybe the reason why I can't get into a large body of water. I even check my dad's pool before I get in. Lol I know. I'm a dork, or at least thats what people say when I tell them this. I was very young and since "Jaws" and "The Critters" I can't watch scary movies. But I did try to watch Jaws just the other day and couldn't get through it. I did see Despicable Me and loved it. I know someone that is like the big guy and we just laugh the whole time. Welcome.

message 41: by Beth (new)

Beth (pigletpsu) Deeg, that's so funny. of course, i think i'm pretty weird b/c i've been paranoid since i was a kid, but the older i get, the more i love scary movies. makes sense!! :) i'm counting the days til Scream 4. my cousin was taken to see jaws when it first came out, and they were on vacation at the beach. needless to say, he hasn't been in the water since! i never was afraid of sharks, but i don't stay too long in the ocean anymore. lol!

message 42: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel i gues there should be a thread for your fav movies

message 43: by Beth (new)

Beth (pigletpsu) sounds like a good idea

message 44: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel thanks

message 45: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10493 comments well, aren't all these threads for your favorite movies? look at the LISTS LISTS LISTS folder - that's all about creating posts where you can discuss your favorite or worst movie experiences.

message 46: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel well i mena in generl so like all of them in one place if you know what i mean

message 47: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10493 comments anyone can start their own thread ... just click on "new" on the home page and write something.

message 48: by Haven Angel (new)

Haven Angel k

message 49: by Call me Random (new)

Call me Random | 22 comments Ed wrote: "I've added some folders and closed some old one, archiving the posts from various monthly film/director focus threads. Let me know what you think or other thoughts. I just wanted to expand the nu..."

I'm glad I know this. Changes can stress me out. I'm glad I got notified.

message 50: by Ed (new)

Ed | 218 comments Mod
Sounds great

« previous 1