!The Young Adult Book Club! discussion

Best & Worst > Must Reads

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (last edited Oct 06, 2012 08:31AM) (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) I decided that we should make a list of books that are a must read on YABC just to give someone a quick recommendation or looking for a great read! :) This will be a great way to find new books

Start suggesting books that you loved here, then I'll add them slowly to this post and tell us why! The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Ashfall (Ashfall, #1) by Mike Mullin City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver

message 2: by Irene (new)

Irene (wingdesilverii) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

It has a wonderful story line and is beautifully written. It is a must read for anyone who wants a tragic but striking story.

message 3: by Jay (new)

message 4: by Jon, Through the Wardrobe into Narnia (new)

Jon (scottreadsit) | 110 comments Mod
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare A fast-paced read full of tons of action, romance, mystery, adventure! Plus it's becoming a movie with Lily Collins!

message 5: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Scott wrote: "City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare A fast-paced read full of tons of action, romance, mystery, adventure! Plus it's becoming a movie with Lily Collins!"

Really excited for it! xD

message 6: by Jon, Through the Wardrobe into Narnia (new)

Patrick wrote: "Scott wrote: "City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare A fast-paced read full of tons of action, romance, mystery, adventure! Plus it's becoming a movie with Lily Collins!"

Really excited for it! xD"

Same!! I hope the casting info comes out soon!

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) I agree the book theif is a must read. Words can't even describe how amazing it is

message 8: by Jon, Through the Wardrobe into Narnia (new)

It is written so emotionally but it is really depressing.

message 9: by Mya (new)

Mya A. (mymyloves) City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
is the book you NEED to read. It has it all.

message 10: by Jon, Through the Wardrobe into Narnia (new)

Mymy wrote: "City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
is the book you NEED to read. It has it all."

I agree!!

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma i think divergent should be added. it is dystopian fiction, and it is one of the best and most well written books i have ever read!

message 13: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Shatter Me is definetly a must read! One of the best books I read last year! :)

message 15: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) Patrick wrote: "Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Shatter Me is definetly a must read! One of the best books I read last year! :)"

I agree! Great read!

message 16: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (patrick_castro) Jenny wrote: "Patrick wrote: "Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi Shatter Me is definetly a must read! One of the best books I read last year! :)"

I agree! Great read!"

Are you excited for Unravel Me and Destroy Me? :) I'm dying for those! Ahh! :3

message 17: by Jon, Through the Wardrobe into Narnia (new)

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neal Shusterman

message 18: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Donahue | 14 comments WOW I totally agree with shatter me, city of bones, and the book thief. all great books. I'm going to suggest
Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth and Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu ... Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare is by the same author of city of bones and i actually like it better. Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver was also good.... The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner was creepy but still amazing. And ALL of the Gone books! Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant . theyre sooo addicting! and i think The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins is a given.

message 19: by Kate (new)

Kate Wrath Irene wrote: "The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

It has a wonderful story line and is beautifully written. It is a must read for anyone who wants a tragic but striking story."

This might be my favorite book ever. Just beautiful. Read it without reading a synopsis, and it will be even better.

message 20: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) Yes, that's my all time favorite book as well. I love the characters and the plot is amazing! His writing style is absolutely gorgeous.

message 21: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) Yes, that's my all time favorite book as well. I love the characters and the plot is amazing! His writing style is absolutely gorgeous.