Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Amy Adams is from Colorado, you know.

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (last edited Jan 05, 2009 11:41AM) (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17322 comments Mod
So is Amy Adams going to be in the Confessions of a shopaholic ;: Shopaholic takes Manhattan ; Shopaholic ties the knot by Sophie Kinsella adapted chick-lit film? For some reason I'd always imagined Anne Hathaway would play those roles forever.

But I guess with her forthcoming Oscar (for Rachel's Getting Married, of course) she is now probably beyond those roles.

message 2: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 347 comments I thought it was Isla Fisher who was going to be in the Shopaholic adaptation. Either way I'm pleased (though I have no interest in those films it's inevitable that I'll be dragged to see them).

message 3: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 05, 2009 02:33PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I like both Isla Fisher and Amy Adams. Either one will work, I agree, Logan...although I usually end up renting those types of movies for my wife so I can leave the room if the film gets way bad...

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

They are pretty interchangeable. It'd be hot if they hooked up.

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Sally...I hold you personally responsible for the near heart attack I had visualizing that.

Oh, and thank you.

message 6: by Sally, la reina (new)

Hee.

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

It's like jump starting you.

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I had to check out this thread just to find out what RA was on about.

I'm just skulking about mostly. :)

Carry on.

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori Anne Hathaway is now going for "serious."

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Is it working for her?

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori Well she did get good reviews for that Rachel Getting Married movie. Maybe even Oscar buzz?

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

serious Oscar buzz, I'm sure.

message 13: by Lori (new)

Lori Did you see it, Sally? I plan on getting the DVD when it's out, just cause I'd like to see Winger tear up the scenery.

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments She did serious in Brokeback Mountain. I thought she was decent in that movie.

message 15: by Lori (new)

Lori Ah, didn't see that.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I love her acting, actually. I believe her!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Amy Adams is adorable. And anyone who can make you believe she's a Disney princess come to life, and still LIKE her, is an incredible actress.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) You can see Anne Hathaway's Princess Diaries Two (i.e., her boobies) in Brokeback Mountain.

Has anyone seen Definitely, Maybe? Isla Fisher is really cute in that.

The Shopaholic movie doesn't look much like the book, but I'll probably still see it. I also want to see the Bride Wars movie with Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson.

message 19: by Lori (new)

Lori Phew. KD is back to being King, and not Thornmuster or whatever.

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Throckmorton P. Dinosaur

message 21: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell You can see Anne Hathaway's Princess Diaries Two (i.e., her boobies) in Brokeback Mountain.

You're so shallow, Sarah. You don't appreciate good cinema. Her nude scene in Havoc was better.

message 22: by Sally, la reina (new)

She has pretty amazing boobies, I will admit.

message 23: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments There were boobies in Brokeback? I don't remember boobies! (I was too busy digging all the man-loving!)

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh yes.

message 25: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Wait, I don't even remember Anne Hathaway in Brokeback, boobies or not.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

WHAT?! She was great.

message 27: by Sally, la reina (new)

She had awesome 80s hair, and was supposedly from Dallas, I recall.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments She was the rodeo cowgirl who got blonder and blonder, and who married Jake's character, Mindy.

message 29: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 347 comments Whoa, I had completely forgotten that Anne Hathaway and Michelle Williams were in Brokeback Mountain. Who would have thought ten years ago that out of the entire cast of Dawson's Creek that it would be Jen who has a thriving career now? I've heard a lot of great things about her new film, Wendy & Lucy.

message 30: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 347 comments We're good at that.

message 31: by Meen (last edited Jan 05, 2009 09:17PM) (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Oh! OK, yeah. I figured it must've been Jack's wife 'cause I knew it wasn't Innis' wife. I still don't remember boobies, though, but I imagine she must have had lovely little ones. She's petite, right? I like little boobies.

message 32: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Not so little.

message 33: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments There were plenty of boobies in Brokeback.

message 34: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Brokeback booby bonanza.

message 35: by Sally, la reina (new)

There were, but they didn't like them. Remember how the chick from Dawson's Creek had to flip over for sex and it broke her heart?

message 36: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Michelle Williams was great in her role. She and Heath Ledger had great onscreen chemistry. :(

message 37: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Unappreciated Brokeback booby bonanza.

message 38: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments She and he got together after that, right? And had a baby. That's how I knew Anne Hathaway wasn't Innis' wife. And I can't tell from that picture. I will have to google her boobies.

message 39: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Her character was in a backseat smoochfest scene with Jake's character. You can't miss the boobies there.

message 40: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I don't want to miss what DRuss said about Havoc, though. Apparently she's smokin' in that movie.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.