Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Inactive Meetup Groups > 8pm EST Wednesdays G+ Hangout (Physical Proximity Not Necessary!)

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicky (last edited Aug 01, 2012 12:43PM) (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 493 comments Mod
I started a new thread for these hangouts to help it better, so I'm locking this one. Check it out if you're interested.

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Madison E. (new)

Madison E. (madiemartin) | 231 comments I think this is a great idea!

1.) That time sound good for me on most weeknights. I would have eaten dinner by then and early enough not to interfere with bedtime (as the on air hangout tends to, but once I month I can suck it up :-) )

2.) I think maybe one would be good. Half way between the normal occuring frequency. Or two would be okay. I think 4 is a little much.

3.) I've only ever hosted a hangout with a few friends, but I'm sure it's not very different for a large group. Sure!

message 3: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (roguefire) | 85 comments I would love to do this - never taken advantage of the Hangout feature and the girls this week made me want to play with the feature on it! :)

That time is good for me as I'm CST as it is!

message 4: by jillz (new)

jillz (jillzz) I would love this too! I don't think I'll be able to get a local group going.

1. Most weeknights are fine with me. I can schedule around a hangout. Time is good too.

2. Once a month is fine with me, although twice a month would work if everyone reads both books?

3. I would be willing to host a hangout.

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nanceebee) | 56 comments Oh sounds like fun! I'm a west coaster, so the 8or9 would be 5or6 for me which is nice.. Most weekday are good. I'm more likely to miss a hangout if I can't get the book for that month.. One a month or twice.

message 6: by Viktoria (new)

Viktoria | 34 comments This would be awesome. I always miss the live showings since they do so late and I have to wake for work the next morning.

1. 8 or 9 would work for me as well or most any week night. I'm normally up till 10 so it works.

2. Twice a month would be good. One for each book. It would also help me considering I also read the books that S&L have for the month as well.

3. I would be willing to hold a hangout. I'm never used it but after seeing the girls play around a bit, it makes me want to use it as well.

I just need to know before hand considering I'll have to take my work computer home with me that night. My home computer doesn't have a camera and microphone. The boyfriend isn't big on them.

message 7: by Vicky (last edited Jun 03, 2012 07:22PM) (new)

Yay, I'm glad people are interested!

Based on everybody's comments here's what I'm thinking:

Main Pick Hangout on the Second Wednesday of the Month at 8pm
This will give everyone ~2.5 weeks to get and read the main pick and I think starting early will make sure we have enough time to get to everything.

We may want to tweak this for months that start on Wednesday (like August) since we'll only have 9 days between the Main Hangout and the 2nd Wednesday, but we'll work that when we get there.

As long as nobody has any major issues with that, let's plan on June 13th at 8pm EST for Kushiel's Dart.

Alt Pick Hangout on the Third or Fourth Wednesday of the Month at 8pm
I want some more feedback on this, because I'm not sure which way to go with it.

If we go with the Third Wednesday, we'll only have a week between the main and alt picks, which may be pushing it for some readers.

If we push it to the Fourth Wednesday, we'll end up having it the same week as the Main Hangout . I don't mind having the same week, but I don't want it to seem like a hassle to do two nights in one week.

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nanceebee) | 56 comments I'm still on hold for it at the library, was supposed to be back Saturday but not yet, ugh.. (Both books are at my library this time around, woohoo!)

I like it being the second wednesday.. gives us time to locate the books... And I'm for the forth wednesday even though it's after the Girls' Hangout.. because it gives us time to finish the book(s).. because sometimes I'm too busy and don't finish before they do the hangout, which is fine too..

I only got Grimspace last month and only read alittle so far because I already had three books going.. lol... but mostly whether I read them or not is if they're available to me on my limited budget...

8pm Eastern? right! So that would be 5pm West coast time.. that's a good time..

message 9: by Vicky (new)

Yep, Eastern! I updated the post so it's clearer. :)

I just picked up Kushiel's Dart today, but I probably won't get to start reading until later this week.

message 10: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nanceebee) | 56 comments Ok.. Just wanted to double check! Yeah I'm hoping it comes in soon, I want to be able to read it over the weekend.. I just put the alt on hold today.

I don't use my G+ alot (friends still seems to like FB more), but I went and created a VFH circle on G+ today so I could add bookclub people... my page isn't searchable atm.. should we link out our pages?

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole This is so awesome, I'll definitely be in on this. Will have to put it on my calender to make sure I don't miss it. I'm already a quarter way through the book, plan is to be over halfway by the end of this week if not further.

message 12: by Vicky (new)

Yeah, we should do that. My profile is at http://gplus.to/vnorthw

If anyone doesn't want to post their profile here - feel free to PM me or just drop me in a circle. I'll add everyone to a VF circle that I'll be able to share with everyone in the circle.

message 13: by Nancy (last edited Jun 03, 2012 08:55PM) (new)

Nancy (nanceebee) | 56 comments I will try to remember VF adds, but if I don't add just Message me.
https://plus.google.com/1155849728099...

message 14: by Molly (last edited Jun 03, 2012 10:11PM) (new)

Molly (mollyrichmer) This sounds like fun! I'd love to join in.

1. Time sounds great. I'm in central and usually have to stay up late for the hangouts. Worth it, but still. A girl needs her beauty sleep.

2. It might actually be nice to do the alt pick after the official hangout. It could be a kind of wrap up for us to talk about their comments and offer up our own.

3. I've never actually participated in a Google+ hangout. None of my friends use it, and I really only joined to watch VH hangouts. But if it's not too complicated, I'd be willing to host later on.

This is me: https://plus.google.com/u/0/104652960...

message 15: by jillz (new)

jillz (jillzz) This is me! https://plus.google.com/u/0/108150528...

I've added a couple of you already.

message 16: by Viktoria (new)

Viktoria | 34 comments No stores around me have the main book so I ordered is last week and it still hasn't shipped. I got the alt book though. I have't started reading it yet because I got sidetracked by the Fifty Shades Trilogy and this week's S&L choice. Hopefully I'll get it here soon and I'll be able to join in.

Here's my google+ info.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/107762260...

message 17: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (roguefire) | 85 comments Sounds great - here's me!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/106748369...

message 18: by Vicky (last edited Jun 04, 2012 09:43AM) (new)

I added everyone into my Vaginal Fantasy circle and shared it with the circle so everyone can add everyone else easily.

I'm also going to start updating the top post with information so we can keep track of everyone who's interested and dates/times/etc! :)

I also made a Google Calendar: http://goo.gl/hcIzi
You can click the +Google Calendar button in the bottom right and it will show up on your Calendar under Other Calendars.

message 19: by Madison E. (new)

Madison E. (madiemartin) | 231 comments Thanks for posting the google+ calendar! I look forward to this! I haven't got Kushiel's yet, so hopefully I'll have at least started it by then.

Also, this is me!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114315732...

message 20: by MAJK (new)

MAJK | 57 comments I'm interested

1. 8 or 9 EST would work for me as long as it is not the First Friday of the month -I'm attending Tracy Hickman writing seminars so Fridays are booked. I'm normally up fairly late so it works for me.

2. Twice a month would be good - seems like a great idea. One for each book nicely covers everyone's interest.

3. I don't think ten is too many to have a good discussion because you will have some who talk a lot and some who talk little - I wouldn't go over ten but I'd say consider having up to ten in one group - if you get more than ten I'd say split down the middle for balance - just my thoughts. I'm pretty much ok with whatever.

4. I would be willing to hold a hangout but could not realistically do it until after August. I'm mildly over committed between now and then.

I'm excited to get to know you all - there are so many great discussions and what fun it will be!

*~MAJK~*

message 21: by MAJK (new)

MAJK | 57 comments Madison wrote: "Thanks for posting the google+ calendar! I look forward to this! I haven't got Kushiel's yet, so hopefully I'll have at least started it by then.

Also, this is me!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114..."

Sharing in kind - https://plus.google.com/u/0/103879909...

*~ MAJK ~*

message 22: by jillz (new)

jillz (jillzz) As we are reaching the Hangout limit (I believe it's 10), perhaps we should split up into 2 groups of 5 & 4 each for ease of discussion.

message 23: by Vicky (last edited Jun 04, 2012 05:02PM) (new)

Yeah, I just looked and it is 10. I think I'll wait until it gets closer to a hangout to split it up though, so we have a better idea of what the numbers will look like. Especially with the second book - if half of the people don't read it, we would only need one hangout.

When we split up - would people want to keep the same group for following hangouts or shuffle it up some?

message 24: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nanceebee) | 56 comments Splitting up sounds okay, if we have too many... a group of 5 or so seems like a manageable number...

Switching or shuffling? donno, might get us a chance to meet with everyone.. but then again if everyone hits it off and likes their group.. But doing a shuffle for each month seems okay with me if others want to do that too.

message 25: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Adding everyone to mine. I might make it 10 or something. But here is my profile for G+

https://plus.google.com/u/0/100863969...

message 26: by Andy (new)

Andy Dainty (kosmopolite) Assuming the return of my laptop by then, I'd be interested.

message 27: by Vicky (new)

We're at 10 right now, so I split us up into two groups just in case we have any stragglers join in. :)

I'm also working on typing up a new thread so I can keep the first few posts reserved and have the most recent hangout information easily accessible at the top. I'll link it here when I finish it up. :)

message 28: by Madison E. (new)

Madison E. (madiemartin) | 231 comments I'm still waiting on getting my copy of Kushiel's so I'm most likely not going to be done with it by Wednesday. :-/

message 29: by Vicky (new)

Hmm... based on Andy and Madison's posts, I'm thinking that I'll have people confirm for each hangout in the new thread I'm starting and then do groups (if necessary) the night before or morning of the hangout.

We have 11 people who are interested, but if only 6 of us finish the book by then and want to participate in the hangout there's no sense in having multiple preemptive groups.

message 30: by Madison E. (new)

Madison E. (madiemartin) | 231 comments That's probably the best approach.

message 31: by Vicky (new)

I started the new more-organized over here and I'm asking people to confirm over there by Tuesday 6/12 (the day before the hangout). If people finish up just in time on Wednesday, that's fine too - but I want to have a good idea by Tuesday.

I hope nobody thinks I'm being obnoxious, I just have this thing about organizing.....

don't judge me. :s

message 32: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (ndayeni) | 64 comments Vicky wrote: "I started the new more-organized over here and I'm asking people to confirm over there by Tuesday 6/12 (the day before the hangout). If people finish up just in time on Wednesday, that's fine too -..."

LOL Vicki. I've been chuckling at that pic on Facebook and Pinterest the last few days. It's very appropriate for this site I think.

message 34: by Madison E. (new)

Madison E. (madiemartin) | 231 comments @Vicky: LOL. I think you did a fantastic job getting this all set up! No need to apologize, someone needed to be the go-getter!

message 35: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nanceebee) | 56 comments I posted your NEW thread Vicky, to the VFH circle on G+...

message 36: by Vicky (new)

Good call, thanks Nancy! :)

message 37: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
Hey guys, there is a new way to "Tag" hangouts so they're easy to find, I'll investigate and post if I can find a link on how to do it.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.