Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Book number of pages

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William Dicks (williamdicks) | 31 comments I have been reading "The Story of Christianity: The Early Church to the Present Day" (link), and realized that Goodreads reports 398 pages for this book, yet it is way thicker than another of my books with 430 pages. This edition of Gonzalez's book is 2 volumes in one. Amazon has it as 843 pages, and that is correct according to the book I have.

Could you please check into this?

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Books are often imported with incorrect page counts; I've fixed this one. (Worldcat also has it at 843, from 429 and 414 in the two parts.)

(You can't always rely on physical thickness, though! Heaviness of the paper can actually count for a lot more. I have some books with identical page counts where one is twice as thick as the other!)

message 3: by William (new)

William Dicks (williamdicks) | 31 comments Thanks for the update! I appreciate it.

The thickness of the book only alerted me to verify the page count. However, I do agree with you on book thickness.

message 4: by India (new)

India (indihth) | 6 comments Hi,
I've also an issue with page numbers with a specific edition of Fire by Kristin Cashore.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/62...

The page number is down as 400 but it 384, someone must of rounded up. This is the edition that matches the ISBN of the book I have.

message 5: by India (new)

India (indihth) | 6 comments ISBN13: 9780575085138
sorry forgot to include before.

message 6: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments Worldcat agrees. Fixed. :)

message 7: by Amara (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) The record for 400 pages is listed across several bookseller sites, so that might be why someone (erroneously, it seems) changed it from 384 to 400 a couple of months ago.

message 8: by India (new)

India (indihth) | 6 comments that's great, thanks :)