Running Wild discussion

Support > Fears!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kåiłeē, The one who doesn't laugh at the word 'fartlick' (new)

Kåiłeē (kailee-one-who-hates-cheerios) | 72 comments Mod
What are your biggest fears that could happen to you in a race?
What makes you nervous before you run?
What is that thing that tells you; you can't do this!!??

message 2: by BvbArmette (new)

BvbArmette  (Demi-GodGirl1356) Fear- me tripping over my feet (which happens a lot when my mind wanders)
Nervous- friends and family saying "you can do it" only because that makes me think i cant
You can't- when my hip hurts or my ankle swells or i see the biggest and strongest runner running before the game

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Fear- I have a stupid phobia of kicking feet! When I'm in a x-country race I keep thinking someone is going to kick my shins or something like that.
Also trailing behind, and finishing last.
Nervous- other people sayin they are going to come last which makes me think of myself losing.
You can't- when I look at the other people who are really fit; like ripped arms and skinny legs. Shallow but yeah I just get intimidated.

message 4: by Kåiłeē, The one who doesn't laugh at the word 'fartlick' (new)

Kåiłeē (kailee-one-who-hates-cheerios) | 72 comments Mod
Fear- that there will be someone that I have never heard of before or ran against, come and totally beat me! I honestly don't loose many races, and that is what scares me so bad is that someday someone is gunny come up and totally beat me. It would make my self confidence level go way down.
Nervous-when you are at the starting line, looking around at all the determined faces and shaking bodies of your fellow athletes. Also, thinking about getting beat by someone my age really bad.
You can't-when you have a big race coming up soon, and you start thinking about all the things that could go wrong: false start, not a fast enough start, not keeping a steady pace, stepping out of my lane, puking, someone faster then you, tripping, not a fast enough middle, someone going out way too fast which make you go out too fast trying to stay with them, not a fast enough 3rd par of the race, getting beat at the end, not getting up on your toes at the end, not finishing hard, forgetting your spikes, forgetting your flats, sore arms, sore legs, and also not getting your goal time! (sorry, I think about what could go wrong a lot!)

message 5: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 19 comments Erm, well this isn't a fear about running but it is one about swimming. i'm scared that my goggles will fall off in a race. it might bot sound like much but once they did fall off, luckily it was only a 50 meters race but i'm doin an event at the weakend and i'm totally freaked out! argh! lol! soz!

message 6: by BvbArmette (new)

BvbArmette  (Demi-GodGirl1356) AHHHHHHHHH! haha i screamed in fear!

message 7: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 19 comments lol! stop bing so sarcastic amanda! lol!

message 8: by BvbArmette (new)

BvbArmette  (Demi-GodGirl1356) actually i wasnt bein sarcastic, that was supposed to be funnnyyyy... i didnt read about your fears...