Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > How to make giveaway html into a button for blogger?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward (chriswardfictionwriter) Hello, I have a google blogger account, and I wanted to put a ad for my book's giveaway on my blog. The giveaway has the html code for it, and it just says something like "post this into your blog". But how? Where do I post it? Forgive me if this is something easy but I am a complete technophobe and have only had a blog for about a month.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

message 2: by Jade (new)

Jade Varden (jadevarden) | 42 comments Messing with html is never easy. Go to your Blogger dashboard, and use the menu on the left to select the Layout option. A basic image of your blog's layout will appear in the center of the page. Click one of the "add a gadget" links and a menu will pop up. Scroll through the selections until you find the HTML gadget. Select it, and when that window pops up just place your code in the box. Save it, the window will close. Hit the "preview" button along the top toolbar, and a new page will appear that shows you what your blog will look like when the gadget is applied. Hit "save changes" if you like it. Holler at me on Twitter @JadeVarden if you need any more help, and good luck!

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward (chriswardfictionwriter) Thanks very much, it worked great!