Maggie (maggie-swift) | 48 comments Mod
And so another chat topic begins...

message 4: by Hope (new)

Hope I feel like such a noob here. XD

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Why?

message 6: by Hope (new)

Hope Because it's all very interesting and I have so many questions, yet at the same time and extremely anxious to make the first awesomely awesome character(s). LOL, I don't know where to start!

message 7: by Maggie (new)

Esp! Hope I don't scare you away!

message 8: by Hope (new)

Hope Oh no, never! I just need to settle in, as all. I get the newbie-jitters a lot. XD

message 9: by Maggie (new)

I get the creator mutters. Is anyone going to like the croup? What if no one joins? Eep!

message 10: by Maggie (new)

Someone already did... *wiggles eyebrows* who could that be?

message 11: by Maggie (new)

:D

message 12: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa HEY.

message 14: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa PIKA...

message 16: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa xD <3

I'm brainstorming up a character.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 42 comments :D Wahey.

I made mine on a whim. XB I had no idea what I was doing.

message 18: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa HI FLAME. *glomp*

xD Iunno what to make yet. Most likely I'll dream about something tonight and come up with a character.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 42 comments I'm gonna make a swordsman soon. :3

message 20: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa :D Ah cool~

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 42 comments *model hunting* grah

message 22: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa I hate when I have a really specific image of the person, so that I get so picky I can't decide on anyone. xD

Need halp?

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 42 comments xD Right?

No. I have some in mind, but it's just narrowing it down.

message 24: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Why not just basically serch of the character you want most? EI; Olive skin, thick eyebrows, constant sneer...etc. Or write a desciption and wait for the right photo to come along? Or (I did this one a long time ago) find movies that have character you kind of want, and use their pictures?

message 25: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa And then you find the perfect model but their pictures aren't what you want. xD

Okie doke.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 42 comments ^ this is the reason why.

Sifting through pictures as well as facial expressions is what I do first. It's the toughest bit for me (the next hardest is coming up with a name; I find it to be much more difficult than it should be. A name should be unique but not disgustingly unnatural. Quatheryn, for instance.)

message 27: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Names ARE difficult! As well as histories. I despise making them unless the character has some sort of emotional or physical disorder.

message 28: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Well said. I find pictures harder than names, but that does come in at a close second.

D: I gotta go to sleep. Night!

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 42 comments Histories aren't that difficult. It allows for a better complex understanding of a character from creator to character, as in being able to more easily imagine a character complexly. It shouldn't be that hard to give a paragraph of description of what family was like, another few sentences of childhood, and then another of what life was like before and after an incident (which is often the case in an RP like this: childhood -> swordsman/'invited' to the guild, childhood -> Hogwarts. It's crossing the first threshold in The Hero's Journey).

I feel like they should be easy but they're not.

D: Night!

message 30: by Maggie (new)

I'm with you. Finding a pic is the bane of my character-creation existence. I don't find names hard, though, thank goodness.

message 31: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) I've gotten to the point where if a group requires a picture for the description, I usually just won't join. I can never find the right one.

Is it just me, or does the Dragonfly Guild remind anyone of the Bene Gesserit?

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 42 comments I don't think requiring an image is a good idea for any group. There should be enough description in the section to stand alone without a picture.

message 33: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Helen wrote: "I've gotten to the point where if a group requires a picture for the description, I usually just won't join. I can never find the right one.

Is it just me, or does the Dragonfly Guild remind anyon..."

Thank the universe it wasn't just me! I was thinking that when reading the summary. I was like...

O.O

DUNE.....

message 34: by Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤, "As you wish..." (new)

Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤ (sarahkiwi) | 22 comments Mod
Derp.

Hey guys! Just woke up from a long night at Relay for Life! I got a feather in mai hair. *derp face*

But I cried a lot for the cancer people. Seriously. I have mascara stains on my new white shirt :(

message 35: by Maggie (new)

OH. HELEN. Wow, I didn't even realize... now that you mention it, they DO remind me of Bene Gesserit. Sorry if that's an issue for anyone--it's been years since I read anything by Herbert. Maybe this was my subconscious telling me I need to read God Emperor, which I never had the time for. Hmm...

message 36: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Iviana (The Sign Painter) wrote: "I don't think requiring an image is a good idea for any group. There should be enough description in the section to stand alone without a picture."

Yeah. I haven't seen a group that requires an image, but I've seen some that require a description without an image, which is a way better than the other way around.

message 37: by Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤, "As you wish..." (new)

Yeah, I think it's easier to make up your own image description than to go out, find a pic, and then write about what that person looks like. *rolls eyes* Boring, much? I like to make stuff up and have FUN with it. I mean, I'm not saying that people who do that are boring, I'm just saying that it's not my preference.

message 38: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa I get what you mean. When you start thinking about a character and their personality, you have a really specific idea of what they should look like that sometimes can't be captured through visuals.

message 39: by Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤, "As you wish..." (new)

Exactly.

message 40: by Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤, "As you wish..." (new)

Chat chat chatty chatty :D

message 41: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Un chat. =(^._.^)=

message 42: by Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤, "As you wish..." (new)

AHHH CAT! It's adorable!

message 43: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) So, is there a lovely plot-starter in the works to get the characters and roleplay rolling, or are we supposed to just leap in and start?

message 44: by Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤, "As you wish..." (new)

I HAVE NO IDEA!

message 45: by Maggie (new)

Just leap in and start. I honestly hoped you guys would just go with it, but... :(

message 46: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa I will, hopefully once finals are over.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 42 comments I'll RP with someone if they'd like to.

message 48: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa SO LIKE, I have a character idea and now I's writing. :D

message 50: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa
I never get tired of this.

« previous 1 3