Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Awakening the Nightmare (Symmetria #1)
This topic is about Awakening the Nightmare
Adding New Books > Adding a different edition

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lanie (new)

Lanie Malone | 2 comments My book is already listed on GR as an ebook, but I want to be able to do a give away. One of the two ISBN's, assigned by Createspace, is already taken here on GR.

Can you simply take the info from the existing book and add a paperback edition, using this ISBN?

ISBN-10: 1470195410

Help! Please!

message 2: by Cait (last edited May 30, 2012 11:27AM) (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Lanie, I've created your paperback edition here:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14...

When you say that one of your ISBNs has already been taken, do you mean it's in use on a different book? You may have accidentally been issued a duplicate ISBN, if that's the case; they're supposed to be unique, but we do occasionally see mistakes. If that's the case, we can list another edition as if it were an alternate cover edition (see the second example), but you might want to check with Createspace to make sure you were given the right ISBN....

message 3: by Lanie (new)

Lanie Malone | 2 comments It had the same ISBN as the Harry Potter Box set. I created a give away, and had a small freak out moment, while I frantically hunted down the delete giveaway button.

I'll contact Createspace and let them know it's a duplicate. Thank you so much for the help!

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited May 30, 2012 11:51AM) (new)

rivka | 41994 comments Mod
Lanie, what ISBN is that? Is it 1470195410/9781470195410?

Because that belongs to your book, not to a HP boxset.

When setting up the giveaway, be sure you are entering the ISBN without any dashes.