Amazonians Who GoodRead discussion

What RU Reading > What Non-Fiction RU Reading?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☼Book her, Doesn't (last edited Jan 04, 2009 03:17PM) (new)

☼Book her, Doesn't  Like New GR Format☼  (ren_t) I've got so much stuff on my nightstand (and around it, under it) that it's ridiculous.

In the Non-Fic vain, I'm reading "Joker One" about a marine lt. in Iraq. Extremely recent history for me.

Also, need to get back to my Walt Whitman/Civil War book.

message 2: by Friederike (new)

Friederike Knabe (fknabe) | 2 comments Hi Pam, I am back in the Africa theme - two books I am reading and hopefully reviewing soonest. They have been sitting here for too long... The Wheeler book and one compilation on life without water... FK

message 3: by André (new)

André (andrh) | 1 comments
a lot of books on Iraq, the Afghan campaign, Special Forces, Navy SEALS, Dutch and American military - for a new manuscript I'll be starting to work on soon.
All best, A.

message 4: by Steven (last edited Jan 05, 2009 11:16AM) (new)

Steven Peterson | 19 comments Mod
A book on Sheridan in the Shenandoah Valley (Civil War), a cookbook by Anthony Bourdain, a book about the Battle of Bentonville (Civil War), War Songs (by Grady Harp), and a vegetarian cookbook. . . .

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott The World Without Us by Alan Weisman. It's been a while since I picked it up, but I haven't finished it, so technically I am still reading it.

message 6: by Laurel-Rain (new)

Laurel-Rain | 2 comments Hi...I just started reading "Love Junkie", a memoir by Goodreads author Rachel Resnick. So far, I am really enjoying it and will review it once I'm done.

I think that this phenomenon (love addiction) is more common than many realize. I encountered these issues over and over in my social work practice. My novel "Embrace the Whirlwind" is a fictionalized account of one young woman's love addiction.

message 7: by Glenda (new)

Glenda Bixler (goodreadscomgabixler) | 4 comments I just finished Tuskegee Airmen if you're a war history buff...

Is self-help non-fiction? I think so, even though somewhere along the line, this particular book was called fiction! Choosing to Be: Lessons in Living from a Feline Zen Master by Kat Tansey, is a self-help life story on depression. Cat lovers will enjoy it; however, the overall thrust is to share how an individual used "Zen" to deal with depression. Great Book!

message 8: by ☼Book her, Doesn't (last edited Jan 08, 2009 02:48AM) (new)

☼Book her, Doesn't  Like New GR Format☼  (ren_t) Friederike wrote: " The Wheeler book and one compilation on life without wate..."

What's the one on life without water titled, Friederike? I read a fascinating book by Craig Childs about traipsing through the American southwest looking for water and it was great.

======

Scott: that was an interesting book, but it's a hard one to read without a break.