I Write, Therefore, I Live discussion

Random > Twilight

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller I just went to see the movie for the 2nd time! I love Twilight, but I am curious at to other people's opinions. Please, tell me what you think!

message 2: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

jeeves... | 269 comments Mod
weell, i read 36 pages of the first book. it's not that i hated it, but... i s'pose it's just not a boy book, is it? so, that's as far as i got, but i plan on reading it eventually anyway, because i've gotta know what everyone likes about it so much...

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller not really, but I know boys who have read it and liked it. So you know... it depends. And no, they're not gay. :D

message 4: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (last edited Jan 03, 2009 10:25PM) (new)

well, neither am i. haha, just figured i'd mention that... what with the whole "my writing sounds girly" thing earlier... clear that up haha...
but yeah, i know some too, so i figured i'd try it out... just didn't finish cuz i got some other stuff i was more interested in, and i had to return twilight to the library.

message 5: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Umm... alrightyy them .

It is a wonderful series. It has flaws, but what series doesn't?

message 6: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

yeah, that did sound weird didn't it....ahwell, y'know what i mean

yeah, most series are pretty full of flaw-y-ness, aren't they? hahaha...

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Well, yeah, they kind of are. And yeah, I get what you mean. :D

message 8: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

yeah, dunno if you read harry potter, but that series had some serious flaws, i'll tell you that...*shakes head sadly*

message 9: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i loved twilight before everyone else even read it ... and although the hype kind of annoys me now, i still love the book. the movie was also awesome, in its own corny way.

it annoys me when twilight haters act like all twilight lovers are idiots. i mean, i read smart books too; is it so bad for me to like a shallow book one in a while? sheesh.

message 10: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller i loved it first too, ages before it became so popular. I liked the movie. :D

I did read Harry Potter, and loved it, even with it's flaws.

message 11: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller well you know, like, how come Voldemort never suspected that Snape was a traitor, if he was the best at... what's it called... the opposite of Occulmens? ((Is that how you spell it?))

Plus, I LOVE Harry Potter. But no book is perfect!

message 12: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (last edited Jan 04, 2009 02:49PM) (new)

hey, don't get me wrong- it was definitely in the top two of my all-time favorite series (artemis fowl!), i just wouldn't have done exactly what she did... i mean, i know she hadd to kill some good characters- and plenty of them; it was a war, after all... just, i definitely would've ended it with harry going to live with sirius, and there were one or two deathly hallows deaths i disagreed with as well... but it was still an amazing series!!!!

message 13: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Poor Sirius. *sigh*

He was one of my favorite characters in that series.

message 14: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

I KNOW! probably the most infuriating death of the series... well no, but i don't wanna say the deathly hallows ones, cuz i don't wanna spoil anything if someone hasen't finished...

message 15: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

Paige wrote: "well you know, like, how come Voldemort never suspected that Snape was a traitor, if he was the best at... what's it called... the opposite of Occulmens? ((Is that how you spell it?))"

"occlumens", i think...

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan (megjmck) | 1 comments I loved the book! And I'm proud to say that I was the first person in my grade @ school to have read the series, lol

message 17: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Who needs a fast car, if your a vampire? what's the point?

message 18: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller monolith wrote: "Paige wrote: "well you know, like, how come Voldemort never suspected that Snape was a traitor, if he was the best at... what's it called... the opposite of Occulmens? ((Is that how you spell it?))..."

I WAS CLOSE!

message 19: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) I thought the premise of twilight was a little *whispers* stupid

message 20: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, that's what this topic is for. Obviously, I disagree.

I would be more willing to accept your opinion if you gave reasons WHY you thought it was "stupid"

message 21: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

ouch, pretty sure of yourself... wow though, i hope she doesn't actually use the word "sparkly" to discribe his eyes though, cuz that would be..... not good.

message 22: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller she doesn't. i promise.

message 23: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

i don't particularly, like it for my own reezuns, cuz i neva eevun reeded it!
:D

message 24: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

anywayz...

message 25: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

seriously? geez, there's like fifteen different "twilight haterz" groups on this site alone...

message 26: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

haha, nice...
yeah, i'm in a twilight fanz group, but i can't remember why, cuz i read like 50 pages and stopped... i must've like accepted an invite at three in the morning without reading it first...

message 27: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

impressive like "wow, you got that far" or like "wow, i can't believe you could stop reading"
?

message 28: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

yeah, pretty much... i had to try it out though cuz it was so insanely popular, but nope, nit really for me... i should probly drop that group....
;/

message 29: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

oh, yeah, azzalutely...
s'pecially snape, he's such an awesome character! so many layers... wow, rowling's mind must be extremely complicated, keeping track of every character, every backstory, all of it.... unbelievable....
haha, great, you got me going now...

message 30: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

i know like it was s'posed to be last november, dangit! geez though, i swear, if that, or inkheart, or artemis fowl ends up like another eragon (barf-inducing movie, i mean...) i will.... be very unhappy. at... particular people who make such less-than-good movies....
but hey, me b-day's in july (i hate summer..too hot..), so i can go see it then :D

message 31: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

hey, i'm gonna make a topic to rant about harry potter so it's not under the "twilight" topic...

message 32: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (last edited Jan 09, 2009 01:45PM) (new)

i know, i saw it too.(the preview, not twilight >.<)
very. i love the part with the fire and the inferii, or whatever...

message 33: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

talka boutit in the harry potter topic! hahaha

message 34: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

psh, i am a mod (note my shiny title), so (with the permission of her awesomeness paige) i will not allow them to complain! mwahaha!

message 35: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

kewl

message 36: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller kewl?

message 37: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

yes, kewl. the correct spelling of the word "cool".
kewl.

message 38: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

actually, i pronounce it, like "kee-ool", but whatev... yer way'z kewl too i guess... er, kuel...
difinitely not "cool" though, terrible, that...

message 39: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

actually, i pronounce it, like "kee-ool", but whatev... yer way'z kewl too i guess... er, kuel...
difinitely not "cool" though, terrible, that...

message 40: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller no, no, i always write kewl. I just meant, what's cool?

message 41: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

oh. i have no idea. i shall check the previous page and return to tell you.

message 42: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

i have returned. i still have no idea. i may have been referring to megan mentioning that people couldn't complain much, because she likes twilight. otherwise, i just thought of something in my head that i found entertaining, and said kewl. for that reason. anyway.

message 43: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller ?????????????????

Alrightyyyy then.

message 44: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

sorry, like i said, i'm in a ranting mood, and i'm in a random mood. it's best if i go to sleep whenever both of those moods crop up at once, but i seldom do what's best....
*grins ominously*

message 45: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller *looks around, a bit nervous*

I WILL SUMMON SPIDERS TO SUBDUE YOU IF NECESSARY!!!!

*smug grin*

message 46: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

eep.

message 47: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) monolith wrote: "oh, yeah, azzalutely...
s'pecially snape, he's such an awesome character! so many layers... wow, rowling's mind must be extremely complicated, keeping track of every character, every backstory, al..."

:P Well, of course, that's partially what editing is for, as well as outlines. I bet that she did a TON of both.

message 48: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Argh. Am I aloud to comment? This is like a three person conversation. Just my opinion: Twilight sucked. New Moon was pretty good. Eclipse was the best because of the action. Breaking Dawn had a lot of surprises! Harry Potter: easy to understand if the books are your level. People just don't like Harry Potter, because it's not their reading level.

message 49: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Everybody can enjoy harry potter though! Adults, children, teenagers (particularly the latter, because it's OUR generation, and the characters are teenagers for most of the series). And the books really don't use so much vague language so that the average person can't understand.

message 50: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I don't know. The first book, I read when I was 6, even though I probably didn't understand some of it.

But you would never see a 6 year old reading Twilight. Magic appeals to everyone, but romance is more exclusive.

« previous 1