Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Okay, so all I've got to do is Pilates 20 minutes a day, and...

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Wowza. I do pilates twice a week and if it is that effective I can totally increase to daily. Holy wow.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I could deal with having that body.

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

I really like Kate Winslet, anyway. Eternal Sunshine and Hideous Kinky are two of my favorite movies.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't like her romantic comedies. She was great on Extras (BBC).

message 6: by Sally, la reina (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:49AM) (new)

Oh that was awesome.

I would like to see Revolutionary Road.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I would bet that no matter how many Pilates I do, I'm never going to look like Kate Winslet.

Rats.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) She looks amazing, but one of the things I have always loved about Kate Winslet was that she didn't feel the need to be a size zero and didn't apologize for having curves.

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

That is supposedly what is cool about pilates. It just tones you, but you keep your shape.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I really liked her in Little Children. Yeah, I agree with Sarah, Kate Winslet has always been open about not being rail-thin.

Now I'm awake. Those pictures were better than coffee.

I haven't tried pilates. I'm all elliptical, weights, and crunches. I get suspicious of anything that claims to work too quickly, but maybe I'll check it out.

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) I agree with #8. She's less attractive to me now, she looks more 'corriente'--more like everyone else.

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) p.s. I love pilates but haven't found a good class since I moved--

message 13: by Cyril (new)

Cyril Pilates and Photoshop go well together.

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) good one, Cyril!

message 15: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 154 comments If I did pilates 20 minutes a day I think I'd be too tired to "have" that body. I'm just not that energetic in my senescence.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, but regular exercise increases your energy! Kirk, do we need to discuss inertia? It's what I do.

message 17: by Félix (last edited Jan 04, 2009 11:26AM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) You discuss inertia?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I think about it a lot. Whenever I'm being lazy and not getting anything done, I think of a rock with a flat bottom on a precipice, and then I pick up the edge of the rock and roll it down the hill.

message 19: by Félix (last edited Jan 04, 2009 05:49PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sally said: I really like Kate Winslet, anyway. Eternal Sunshine and Hideous Kinky are two of my favorite movies.

I liked her a lot (OK loved her) in Eternal Sunshine. I missed the other one. Damn.

shellyindallas Montambo, what are you saying? I feel lazy all the time. Can I just roll a rock down a hill or do I have to get my ass up and roll myself down the hill?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, we have free will, so we can get ourselves up. Supposedly.

message 22: by Sally, la reina (new)

This is why I want a personal trainer: They can roll my wobbly ass down the hill 5 days a week and I don't have to self motivate other than paying them.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.