Readathons Galore discussion

General > What IS a Readathon????

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) A readathon, for those of you that might be confused, is an event, usually with a time limit, where you set a certain goal you would like to reach. The goal of readathons is to help you read more during that time period than you would any other time.

Some examples of goals:
4 books, 1500 pages, half of my TBR pile.

I am not picky about what readers goals are, just as long as you're having fun!

If you have any questions about anything dealing with readathons, feel free to comment below.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Can you finish of books you're currently reading in a readathlon?

message 3: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Like if you start a book before the readathon, will you count if you finish it before the readathon is over? Yes. You would only count the pages that you actually read during the RAT, but the book itself would count as one book finished.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Zakiya wrote: "Like if you start a book before the readathon, will you count if you finish it before the readathon is over? Yes. You would only count the pages that you actually read during the RAT, but the book ..."

Yes! :)

message 5: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I agree :)

message 6: by Pauline (new)

Pauline Taylor | 1 comments I an a slow reader mind you plb because its been a long while since I read a bout, I like to read one at a time a digest it one book at a time, id love to do readathons and those reading sprints but I only can read 10 pages day at a time so maybe iv I keep my love for books going I will be able to read more pages a day and if I take more time. I wonder if that would count?

I wonder how many women out there who are book lovers would prefer a good book than a partner?