Study Buddies discussion

Discuss Magic Study > Animals...

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sanzida (new)

Sanzida | 15 comments What does a snow cat look like? and valmur? Do they really exist?
I keep thinking that the first is a overweight cat enlarged, but that looks weird. so I changed my mind and figured it looks more like a white tiger.
and I'm guessing that valmurs are like monkeys...?

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 175 comments Hmm...I'm not too sure about the snow cat looking like a white Tiger. I imagined more of a snow leopard-like species. Snow leopards are elusive, deadly, and are well adapted to the mountains. Anyone see the Mountains episode of Planet Earth with the incredible footage of the Snow leopards?? :)

As for the Valmurs I thought they looked like white striped lemurs or gibbons...something average sized, but ridiculously cute and quick. Haha just type in tiger vs monkey in Youtube and you get to see how fast gibbons can be. :)

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne | 4 comments I think that the creatures might look like a combination of two different creatures from our world, though it could be anything; this where the imagination comes in :). I always pictured the valmur as lemur myself, and the snow cat as a snow leopard-type cat; but for size I would tend to agree with the tiger theory; they are massive.

message 4: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (TeaLibrarian) | 56 comments Snow leopards were pictured in my mind during the scene.

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 38 comments Sanzida wrote: "What does a snow cat look like? and valmur? Do they really exist?
I keep thinking that the first is a overweight cat enlarged, but that looks weird. so I changed my mind and figured it looks more ..."

I pictured the snowcat as a white lion but with tufted ears and bigger than a tiger - massive... And a valmur as a monkey or lemur type thing. Less outgoing than a monkey but more than a lemur with those big eyes. Definitely with small feet and hands which make them dexterous and able to be nimble - maybe brown and black or reddish brown and black - so that they can disappear in the jungle shadows.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 175 comments Heehee we should draw pictures for valmurs and snow cats and then vote to see which one we like the best!
Anyone enjoy drawing out there? :)

message 7: by Alethea (new)

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 481 comments Mod
I do! But I am awful at drawing realistically. I could probably cartoon you a valmur.

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 175 comments That would still work! Sounds really cute!

message 9: by Keelin (new)

Keelin | 96 comments id say that in this day and age the valmur would be a lemur and the snow cat like a big white lion ?????
or am i just being wierd

as for the drawing side ill leave that to those who have some talent .ie. everyone but me

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 175 comments While we're talking about animals-how about Kiki? Anyone have any ideas about what breed of horse she might have looked like?

message 11: by Meme (new)

Meme (mstylp) | 519 comments Rachel wrote: "Hmm...I'm not too sure about the snow cat looking like a white Tiger. I imagined more of a snow leopard-like species. Snow leopards are elusive, deadly, and are well adapted to the mountains. An..."

Yes I would imagine a snow cat would look like a Big white tiger and the Valmur does remind me of a lemur I seen one at the zoo not long after I first read Magic study and I thought there is the Vulmurs ain't the cute. LOL

message 12: by Meme (new)

Meme (mstylp) | 519 comments Rachel wrote: "While we're talking about animals-how about Kiki? Anyone have any ideas about what breed of horse she might have looked like?"

Rachel if you will go to Maria's site (www.mariav.snyder.com) there is a picture of Kiki there, I'm not good with types of horses but maybe you can figure it out that way.