Calvin and Hobbes discussion

Who is your favorite character that is *NOT* Calvin or Hobbes?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Chris (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Chris M. | 5 comments I like Dad, too, for the same reasons. He has that occasionally devilish streak him. But, I have to throw in a vote for Susie Derkins. She gives as good as she gets--sometimes.

message 2: by Zoab (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new)

Zoab Kapoor I also like dad, same reasons. I also really like Stupendous man and Rosalyn. The fight they get into is SO funny!

message 3: by Lulu (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:05PM) (new)

Lulu | 17 comments Mod
Chew electric death, snarling curs! It has to be Spaceman Spiff!

message 4: by Tya (new)

Tya | 3 comments it's a tie between Dad and his nonsensical wisdom or Susie with her skeptical frown... oh... and the bike also.

message 5: by Lulu (new)

Lulu | 17 comments Mod
Ah, the bike. Good choice. Mrs. Wormwood, the teacher is also amusing.

message 6: by Lulu (new)

Lulu | 17 comments Mod

message 7: by Lulu (new)

Lulu | 17 comments Mod

message 8: by Lulu (new)

Lulu | 17 comments Mod

message 9: by Tya (new)

Tya | 3 comments Yea, remembered the bike at the last minute... did you know you posted your message a few times over? It's a glitch that sometimes happens with these things.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Susie Derkins and the Bike and most of the characters... i also like calvin's dad... i like the one where he's looking for his glasses, and there are 2 snowmen out side, one that's calvin w/ the shovel and one that's his dad w/his glasses and a whip. and the comic where he's looking for his glasses and calvin comes in imitating him.

message 11: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I like Susie!!!

message 12: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) I love calvin's dad hes hilarious and adds the sarcastic humor to the comic

message 13: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) yes the Bike, how about his food that comes alive :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

i like when his food does the hamlet monolouge (how ever u spell that) then it does the feeling WHo oh oh!

message 15: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) yea that was halarious.:)

message 16: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Susie is a riot when she goes head to head with Calvin or when she cuddles Hobbes (who loves every minute of it) and Calvin gets all mad (lol!)

message 17: by Call me Random (new)

Call me Random I like Susie too!

message 18: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) oh, yea and the babysitter. *laughing* i feel kind of sorry for her now that ive babysat.

message 19: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Mrs Wormwood the teacher is also a good one. I feel so sorry for her --older teacher, nearing retirement, thinks she's seen it all ....and then comes Calvin (lol!)

message 20: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) yea, have you read the one where he brings his superhero costume to school to take a test with? its sooooo funny. :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah!

message 22: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) i was laughing out loud

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (spacealien) wat i thought was funny was that calvins mom wanted a girl...

message 24: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (qwertyuiop) | 3 comments Susie, the Dad, and Mrs. Wormwood.

message 25: by Dannee (new)

Dannee | 1 comments i'm a fan of the food calvin's mom cooks...especially when it eats calvin --- does that count as a character?

message 26: by Cait (new)

Cait Davidson (caiti_cat) | 7 comments i love the one when calvin is plying in the leaves and the pile eats calvin

message 27: by Cait (new)

Cait Davidson (caiti_cat) | 7 comments hobbes is so cute as a stuffed animal!
uhhh i like calvin's dad

message 28: by Amy (new)

Amy (doeeyeddolly) | 1 comments Susie and Mrs. Wormwood

message 29: by Megha (new)

Megha (hearthewindsing) I like Calvin's dad for how he plays along with Calvin's imaginations and for his mischievous way of answering Calvin's questions.

message 30: by Joy (new)

Joy Spaceman Spiff! :)

message 31: by G.H. (new)

G.H. Monroe (ghmonroe) | 5 comments Dad is my favorite "other character" but I so look forward to the strips with Moe. The "battles" between Calvin and Moe are epic if horribly one sided (In Moe's favor physically and Calvin's favor intellectually.)

message 32: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella (musicislifeglee) I love Calvin's dad! He's sarcastic and funny.

message 33: by Anna (new)

Anna (gqannanguyen) I think Calvin's dad is cool. I love how he is always making fun of Calvin and teaching him the wrong things, and scaring him. It reminds me of my own father.

message 34: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jebnert) | 6 comments Galaxoid & Nebular in "its a magical world"

message 35: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (last edited Dec 21, 2009 05:30PM) (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (Lyssie123) | 7 comments Oh I love them!! I also like the food that gives the Hamlet speech. But Dad, Mom, and Susie also rock.

Actually, my favorite are the snowmen Calvin makes (even though they're not alive...) They're awesome!

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) | 6 comments Susie and the bike.

message 37: by Moses (new)

Moses Choi (moseschoi) | 2 comments bike is a really funny choice! Good choice.
I was going to say Susie Derkins.

message 38: by Kirby (new)

Kirby (kirbyong) | 1 comments i'ld say the dad :)

message 39: by Moses (new)

Moses Choi (moseschoi) | 2 comments The dad is awesome too! I love how he always says 'it builds character' or gives the most outrageous answers to Calvin's questions. I remember cracking up when he told Calvin that wind comes from trees sneezing

message 40: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (Lyssie123) | 7 comments Haha, yeah! Or when he says the sun moves across the sky because of solar wind.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) | 6 comments I also like Rosalyn.

message 42: by Haven (last edited Aug 22, 2010 05:00PM) (new)

Haven Ayres (havenayres) | 1 comments i was about to say someone has got to bring up moe, nothing tops calvin shoeless realizing he needs to keep his mouth shut haha

message 43: by Robin (new)

Robin (robin1129) | 1 comments My favorite non C&H character is someone no one's even mentioned: Mom.

Dad's great,sure, but Mom's with Calvin all day every day and still kept her sanity! I especially like the one when it's lunch-time, and he's transmogrified into an owl, but he doesn't like mouse soup. "I hear you," Mom says, "it's tomato."

She even puts up with Dad too!

message 44: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Yeah she's pretty funny too. :-)

Dani (ダニ ¦ 다니) (itsdanidee) definitely Calvin's dad...his sarcasm is awesome. I also like Susie because she always knows how to fight back XD Ahh all Characters are just awesome :P

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Hm. I have to say Galaxoid and Nebular.

Silver Prion Chemistry  the Martian Blob (silverprionchemistry) | 5 comments Susie Derkins. :-)

message 48: by Zoë (new)

Zoë Malik (violetnese) | 3 comments Susie is real cute.

Penguini_The_Penguin | 3 comments THE GREAT CALVINI!!!!

Penguini_The_Penguin | 3 comments THE GREAT CALVINI!!!

« previous 1