The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > Crosswords

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 33 comments I resolved this new year to do crosswords. I spend enough time at swim meets etc that it would be worth doing. Anyone here enjoy them. I bought a book with 10 minute ones and a daily ny times calendar of crosswords. Any suggestions? Does it get easier with attempts?

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Ed, this section is actually for games that we create and play here..... I am relocating this to the Anything But POintless thread.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sbez05) | 556 comments Ed wrote: "I resolved this new year to do crosswords. I spend enough time at swim meets etc that it would be worth doing. Anyone here enjoy them. I bought a book with 10 minute ones and a daily ny times calen..."

Yes, it definitely gets easier the more you do them! I used to be addicted to crosswords and worked up to the point where I could finish a large portion of the Friday NY Times one without help. I fell out of the habit of doing them, though, and I'm certainly rusty! I tried doing one the other day and couldn't even get a good base to work with! Sad. I need to pick it up again - such a good, fun activity to keep your mind moving. :)

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments I so love to do suduko (sp)...This is a wonderful brain teaser for me!

message 5: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments I love Suduko too Angela. I tried to get into doing crosswords but I can never get that far. But I love Suduko and mindless word searches. LOL :~)

message 6: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (acountkel) | 992 comments Angela, Lisa,

I LOVE suduko too!! I'm pretty terrible at crosswords.. better with numbers.

message 7: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Sudoko is fun but I did it so much in the past I'm not into it anymore. I like word searches and word games on the computer.

message 8: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments I was on a huge sudoku kick for awhile. But I grew tired of them with time. I mainly do the daily crosswords in the regular newspaper now. Although, I can't do the ones that come out later in the week very well.

I, also, really like those Logic Problem books that you can buy with the grids in them. I find them to be super fun.

message 9: by O2 (new)

O2 I quite like suduko and some word games but crosswords have always left me cold.

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments I just recently bought a book of fill-it-ins. I use to love doing these when I was a teenager, so I figured I would pick a book up. I am almost done with my suduko book, but I am on the hard ones, so it is taking me awhile.

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments I used to do the sudoku and crossword in the paper every day when I was in college. Now that I'm back at home my mom does the crossword in the paper in the morning and I help her out.

message 12: by Tonya (new)

Tonya (nyab2000) | 49 comments Eric~I really like those Logic Problems too! I think they are a fun way to keep my mind sharp :)

I like crosswords but I don't do them regularly so the easy ones are really the only ones I can do. I really like to play different word games on the computer like Text Twist and Bookworm.