Secret Speakers: Read & Rate It discussion

Read & Rate It > Countdown for the first 80 free signed copies...

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karey (last edited Jan 15, 2009 10:17AM) (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 278 comments Mod
I'm stunned. Nine people have already finished Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate to get their free signed copy from me when it's published. How in the world do you read so fast?

Thanks for your amazingly helpful input, guidance and support. It means more than you know to me.

And remember, whoever finishes the manuscript and rates it will, as a thank you from me, have their name in the back of the first edition.

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments Yay I get signed copy!

message 3: by Kevan (new)

Kevan | 3 comments Kari

Yah!!! Signed copy here I come.

I started this last night and then I couldn't quit reading and ended up staying up all night to finish it.

I love it, thanks for allowing me to read it.

message 4: by Karey (new)

You stayed up all night to read Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate? Wait till I tell my kids. They might actually think I'm pretty cool!

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments Tell them I did the same thing. That was my Christmas mainly.

message 6: by Karey (new)

Alright, so the total of all-night-reads of Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate comes to two, now. Duly noted.

So all those times I was writing at 4:00 a.m. (or 2:00 a.m, 3:26 a.m., what have you...very random moments where I'd pop up in bed with the thought, "Must write. Must write"--that the words born in the dark of night would spawn insomnia! Sort of like insomnia by osmosis.

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 119 comments Karey Shane wrote: "Alright, so the total of all-night-reads of [b:Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate|2989344|Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate|K.S.R. Kingworth (aka Karey Shane)|http://..."

I have done that SO MUCH! I woke up one night to write down a song I had thought of. And one night to write down a story idea, which I am now writing.

message 8: by Jillian (last edited Dec 30, 2008 10:37PM) (new)

Jillian | 1 comments I read the first part all in one go and didn't manage to get the second part until today. Thanks so much for e-mailing it to me. It's a good book, and you threw in several suprises I never saw coming(I LOVE books that do that) and I hope I'm one of the first 80!

P.S. I'm REALLY glad you'll be writing a sequel. Hope you don't make us wait to long!

message 9: by Karey (new)

Alright, so now we have two readers who confess to having read Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate in one sitting! Yours counts, Jillian. My mistake about the link... :)

I can't believe you've read it four times already! I just released it, what, four days ago? Wowie, wow wow.

message 10: by The Book Posh (new)

The Book Posh WOW! I finished reading the story and it is magnificent. It took me a few extra days as I'm reading two books @ the same time. Great job and hope to see you on the bestsellers list and on the BIG screen.

God Bless,

Mrs. Optimus

message 11: by Karey (new)

(((hugs)))to you all for taking time to comment on Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate. Reading two books, Optimus, and still finishing Secret Speakers in a matter of days is beyond my capabilities. I'm impressed.
And God bless you,
Karey

message 12: by Weldon (new)

Weldon (wilco64256) | 43 comments Yay I win a prize! Won't win for the most invites - I swear some of you people know more people to invite to read this book than my wife and I could think of to invite to our wedding, sheesh! - but I actually thought more people would have finished by now. It's tough to stop.

The only suggestion I had for the "rate it" part was that we get the option to say whether we liked this book more than other other books, not just "as much." Time for 2009!

message 13: by Karey (last edited Dec 31, 2008 05:17PM) (new)

Wow, Weldon. My jaw just dropped. I'll add "like more than" to the questions about Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate. What an incredible, incredible compliment, along with a great note to end on for 2008!

message 14: by Karey (last edited Jan 01, 2009 05:43AM) (new)

Happy 2009! As of this morning, January 1, 2009, 18 people have officially read and reviewed Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate.

message 15: by Ronda (new)

Ronda (shamrk317) | 9 comments The book was great Karey. You made all of the characters believable, and you also made them come to life for me. Once I started, I took the whole afternoon to read the entire book. I can't wait to read it in book form, but I may have to read online again, so I can pick up on anything I might have missed. Great job!! The sequel will be just as good I am sure.

message 16: by Karey (last edited Jan 01, 2009 10:46AM) (new)

Thanks for the wonderful feedback on Secret Speakers, Ronda! I didn't see your name on the list of people who've reviewed the book. Be sure to do that, so I know you're on the list of the first 80 to finish. I'll be using that list as a reference so I know who to send the free signed copy.

message 17: by Ronda (new)

Ronda (shamrk317) | 9 comments I did do the rate as soon as I finished it yesterday. I will make sure it is done.

message 18: by Karey (new)

It amazes me that you can read Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate in one sitting when it took me so many years to create! As for Gibber Will getting sawed in half, I think he'll survive. He's a tough guy!

message 19: by Annie (new)

Annie (angelannie) This was such a great book!!! Thank you for the opportunity for the sneak read!

message 20: by Steve (new)

Steve (steve_rothwell) | 5 comments I must say, when i first started to read Secret Speakers, not my kind of read. But I always finish what I start and i must say I'm glad i did. The characters just came to life and the movie was playing in my head. I will be reading this a couple more times just to read it lol. Thank you for the opportunity to read such a imaginative story. Defiantly a story for my future kids.

message 21: by Sheryl (last edited Jan 03, 2009 12:20AM) (new)

Sheryl | 15 comments Sorry, it took me two sittings to read it. I hate reading on the computer, but I made myself do it, because I just couldn't stop (want to say put it down). I liked Secret Speakers from the very first page and it never disappointed me.
Am anxiously awaiting the sequel.

message 22: by Karey (new)

You're forgiven, Sheryl! LoL. And thanks for your kind comments about Secret Speakers. Have a great New Year.

message 23: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelliosquirrel) | 3 comments I finished! That was amazing, Karey! Thank you so much! I can't wait for the sequel!

message 24: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 20 comments Karey, I'm asked to review a lot of books, and I have to say that I haven't enjoyed a fantasy this much in a long time. The story is incredible and your writing is excellent. It definitely kept me reading and I hated having to put it down. I'm looking forward to letting my daughters read it.

message 25: by April (new)

April (sallysal) | 3 comments Karey, the story was great. I had to keep reading until I knew what happened. One of my best friend's is halfway through it now, and she loves it, too. I can't wait for the sequel :-)

message 26: by Kathy (last edited Jan 15, 2009 09:33AM) (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Well, I'm coming to the home stretch. It's really good, Karey. I'm hoping I'm still in the running for a free copy. I'm hoping to finish tonight....I just have to find out what happens!!!!!

message 27: by Tera (new)

Tera I finished it and was surprised I loved a fantasy book so much. You could see by my list of read books that its not my typical style but you did such a great job with it Karey. It was a beautiful story. I am anxious for the hard copy to be out so I don't have to fight my son for computer time to read :).
You should be proud of yourself Karey good job.

message 28: by Karey (new)

Thanks everyone. It's been a long, long process and it's still not over! As far as being in the first 80, Aspen and Kathy, just make sure you've filled out the survey and clicked on "count me in" and voila!, you're in the first 80. Berry berry simple.

message 29: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Great! I've already done that and answered some of the poll questions already. I am waiting to finish the rest of the book before I answer the rest of the poll questions. Thanks again. I am enjoying it very much. I am really anxious to find out what happens....

message 30: by Ione (new)

Ione (iTosh) | 1 comments Hey Karey, I have finished the book and I truly enjoyed it. It was a quick and fun read once I got started. I will certainly be recommending it to friends. Thanks for making me feel part of something special and I so look forward to more Secret Speakers.

Thanks again and please don't stop writing.

Ione

message 31: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) Yes, thanks for the chance to be one of the first to read your book! I've very excited about being in the top 80. I will definitely be recommending your book to my friends and family! Good luck!

message 32: by Karey (new)

My computer Spunkie, has lost internet access, so I'm finally on my sisters computer...I just want to say "you're welcome" to each one of you. But really, it is I who am thanking you for jumping in on this event with me. Secret Speakers would just be a pile of paper without you reading it, n'est ce pas?