Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > double listing at author's profile-bug or what am I missing?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

So, the book editions are listed twice. I cannot figure out why. I thought there was an uncombined edition but all editions are combined.

When you look, you see both are identical:

avg rating 3.83 — 449 ratings — published 2002
10 editions

Although the first "batch" shows my rating, the second batch show edit for me.

Can another librarian figure this out. I suspect one of the records/data is off.

Thanks.

Otherwise, it goes to the Feedback bugs folder, but I suspect it's an easy edit fix.

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Hmm. There was a doubled author on one of them -- Thaddeus and Thad -- but I fixed that and it's still not displaying correctly....

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Thanks for trying Cait. I missed that. I know that it's sometimes an extra/wrong author. Hmm. Maybe someone else can figure it out. I've seen this before but not for a while. Hopefully, we can correct it in this group. I'll look again when I have some time. If we can't correct it, I might eventually end up posting at the Feedback group.

message 4: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments I think there's probably something funky in the system on this one. Both of the books showing up have the same ISBN and when there are duplicate ISBNs, the system doesn't let you save edits. But...I went to the edit screen on one, clicked save and it went through with no problems. It should have given me the ISBN error message. So I think this will need the attention of Michael or Otis.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44643 comments Mod
I uncombined several, went back to the author page, then the list of books page (to force a reset on the author page), then recombined the books.

It seems to be fixed now. I suspect the problem came from the duplication Cait fixed, but the cache had to be forced to reset.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Thanks Rivka. And Cait.