Books I Loathed discussion

Loathed Authors > anybody else hate proust as much as I do?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:58PM) (new)

Kate (katemaver) Did he need an editor or what?

message 2: by Summer Rae (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:59PM) (new)

Summer Rae Garcia | 45 comments I love love love Proust. But I never read more than a few pages at a time or it is like eating a stick of butter.

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica | 66 comments So, everyone who has posted here should watch "Little Miss Sunshine."

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom I don't loathe Proust, sorry. I plowed through IN SEARCH OF LOST TIME one summer, and enjoyed it immensely. I'll admit that I did skip a few sections during THE FUGITIVE and THE CAPTIVE, when his ceaseless descriptions of the countryside just got the better of me.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (glinda) | 8 comments I am almost done with ROTPISOLT now and I have to say that while reading it was challenging at times, I feel it was worth it. When I find he is going on and on, I take a break and then return to it.

message 6: by George (last edited Sep 02, 2009 08:26AM) (new)

George Mead | 23 comments I think pages and pages on the scent of Madeleines ( orange flavored tea cakes) is a waste of ink. At the end of the day I compare Dickens, who writes about the human condition and is still relevant to today, to Proust who wrote several thousand pages of daydreams- and prefer to spend my time with Dickens.