Christopher Moore discussion

Fool

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam (muggleborn80) | 23 comments Mod
AG posted chapter 1 of Fool on his blog. View it here.

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (ravenskya) Just preordered it on Amazon... can't wait!

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather (geekily) | 16 comments Thanks for reminding me, I've got to do that, too!

message 4: by Sarenna (new)

Sarenna (djsthree) | 2 comments I also just pre-ordered it from Amazon. Not like I need to be buying more books, but I'll make an exception for this one.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (hpduck) | 5 comments Meh, I'm getting it straight from Mysterious Galaxy. I alreade called them up to see when I could buy it. You'll see me on the phone @ 10:01 Pac time getting this book. oh yeah....I love it when he comes to town!

message 6: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (ravenskya) The closest he's coming to here is Atlanta... on a weekday so I don't forsee us being able to get down there to meet him.

message 7: by Sam (new)

Only 5 more days!!!!

message 8: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) Sam wrote: "Only 5 more days!!!!"

I'd better finish up what I'm reading before then.

message 9: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Kennedy (sysguy) | 5 comments Sony E-Book store is selling Fool for 18.99 and if you are an Audible.com member you can get the audio book for 9.95

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather (hpduck) | 5 comments Woot! I bought it about an hour ago! Gonna start it today. I gotta have it read by Thursday when I get to go see him. SQUEEEEE

message 11: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (ravenskya) It arrived Monday YEAY!!!!

message 12: by Sam (new)

Yay! I have my book! I just need to finish up the book I'm on and I can dive into the foolishness.

Excitement.
:)

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I just finished Fool and I've got to say, Moore has outdone himself. I was completely blown away by the way he has written this book. I found myself wanting to read the clever phrases out loud so someone could appreciate them with me, but then I would have found myself reading the entire book out loud! I loved it. If possible, I'm an even bigger fan. Bravo, Chris!

message 14: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) I finished Fool Tuesday evening while my girlfriend was napping on the couch. I didn't wake her up to read choice bits to her even though I really wanted to.

My favorite line was probably "Sounds like a moose trying to shit a family of hedgehogs."

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa So it wasn't just me who wanted to read it aloud so someone else could appreciate the brilliance?

message 16: by Alayna (new)

Alayna | 7 comments i can't wait to read it!!!

message 17: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) I picked up a copy of this last night in NYC. AND got it signed (along with A Dirty Job and Stupidest Angel) by Christopher Moore at his book reading.

It was a great time. He is a pretty funny guy, just saying!

message 18: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Kennedy (sysguy) | 5 comments Fished the Audiobook last night and was amazed. The narrator does a fantastic job with the material. Caught myself laughing out load several times. Author Guy did a wonderful job with this. There is a little audio snippet of Moore himself at the end explaining the book too which was very entertaining. Still hasn't knocked Lamb off of the top of my Moore books but a very close second! I really enjoyed this and rank it as one of the best Audiobooks I have listened to in a long time.

message 19: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2 comments I read it, a couple weeks ago and it was amazing, so funny. I really think this book needs to be made into a movie.

message 20: by Miss Ryoko (new)

Miss Ryoko (missryoko) | 14 comments Leslie wrote: "I read it, a couple weeks ago and it was amazing, so funny. I really think this book needs to be made into a movie."

Hey Leslie, this just reminded me!

Hey ya'll, did you know Disney purchased the rights to make Practical Demonkeeping into a movie before the book was even published! But, obviously, the movie hasn't been made yet. I wonder if it ever will.

If they make a movie out of any of Moore's novels, they better be damn amazing. Haha!

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (nathanlarry) | 2 comments Disney and any book by Christopher Moore should never be put together in a sentence. It's just wrong.

message 22: by Alayna (new)

Alayna | 7 comments Michelle wrote: "Disney and any book by Christopher Moore should never be put together in a sentence. It's just wrong."

i completely agree, one of the best things about Moore's books is the sheer rawness of them

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 5 comments Agreed, I think Disney would just take the premise of the novel but miss out completely on what makes CM and his books so special.

message 24: by Sara (new)

Sara (smdpowell) | 3 comments I'm a huge Disney fan AND a huge Moore fan, and I totally agree! I have heard all (or at least most) of the rights to his books have been bought for movie purposes, though that doesn't necessarily mean they will be made into ones - thankfully.

There are some books that should definitely just stay books. Particularly with Moore's books, as a movie you would loose his unique descriptive nature.