Talk About Anything That Needs Talking About discussion

General > Everything Wrong With the World

Comments (showing 1-39 of 39) (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

Josiah (josiahmorgan11) | 500 comments Mod
In this topic post everything and anything that is strangely wrong with the world. For example, rule number 3 of this group: This isn't a rule but it's really funny and I want everyone to see it: the other day I was at a pool and a sign said Slippery Surface-Don't walk!

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin Ummm...The vast amount of "normal" teenage girls.
The lack of time to read books.
Sparkling vampires.

message 3: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

Gary Ross leaving The Hunger Games

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (Christinesbookshelves) | 381 comments Detective Elliot Stabler leaving law and order:svu

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin I've heard a bit about that, Christina.

message 6: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Yeah, it's unfortunate that he left the show, but this season has actually been quite interesting.

message 7: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

Really? Haven't seen this season

message 8: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Did you see last season's finalle, Josiah?

message 9: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

No

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (Christinesbookshelves) | 381 comments Yeah i didn't want him leaving the show but oh well and robin my name is christine not christina lol

message 11: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Josiah wrote: "No"

You should definitely try to find it.

message 12: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

Cool, I will

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (Christinesbookshelves) | 381 comments Law and order:svu is my favorite tv show ever

message 14: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Christine wrote: "Law and order:svu is my favorite tv show ever"

It's a favorite of mine, as well.

message 15: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (Christinesbookshelves) | 381 comments Who's your favorite law and order:svu cast member?

message 16: by ღ Carol jinx~☆~ (last edited Apr 29, 2012 09:45PM) (new)

ღ Carol jinx~☆~ | 1 comments Josiah wrote: "In this topic post everything and anything that is strangely wrong with the world. For example, rule number 3 of this group: This isn't a rule but it's really funny and I want everyone to see it: t..."

Josiah wrote: "In this topic post everything and anything that is strangely wrong with the world. For example, rule number 3 of this group: This isn't a rule but it's really funny and I want everyone to see it: t..."

so what were you supposed to do? ...wait for a bus?
This is in reply to the sign slippery surface do not walk.

message 17: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

I don't know!

message 18: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

I know... Have you next heard about John Key's Student Loan plan?

message 19: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

Yeah...

message 20: by Dustin (new)

Dustin I think it's really great that you the two of you are both from NZ...I'll bet you have a lot in common, eh!?

message 21: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

A lot of issues are coming up in NZ

message 22: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Oh, yeah?

Nothing too bad, I hope..

message 23: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

Wow Donna!

And Dustin, yes, the government have heaps to answer for

message 24: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Oh, all right.

NZ's economy, perhaps?

message 25: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

Yeah, kind of

message 26: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Please feel free to go into further detail, if you're comfortable..:)

message 27: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

Well, they did lots of stupid things, like making student loans people pay it off faster by making them pay MORE than they can afford. They want to make cigarette taxes $100! They say that if you are under 18 and drinking you need a text from your 'parents' saying it's okay!

message 28: by Dustin (new)

Dustin A text from your parents giving to okay to drink? What?? That is ridiculous, IMO! Like that's going to work!

message 29: by Josiah, The Stallion Who Mounts The World (new)

Yeah.... It's a bit crazy!

message 30: by Dustin (new)

Dustin While the price of smokes isn't nearly that high in the US, they are quite expensive. I think they're over $7, but it's probably closer to $8. Man am I ever thankful that I quit!!

message 31: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) Cigarettes here are about $6 a pack. I quit when I got pregnant, and have been pretty good about staying off 'em since, but my guy still smokes and I'll hit off his every once in awhile, especially when I've had a couple of drinks. They're supposedly working on putting new graphic warning images on the packs, like pictures of cancerous lungs and whatnot, but they've been talking about it for like 2 years now and I've yet to see it. Not that it'll deter anyone who really wants to smoke though.

I agree with you on the lack of discipline in kids nowadays. I see kids all the time screaming in the store, fighting with their parents, throwing tantrums in restaurants. If I would've done any of that when I was a kid, I'd get my ass smacked good, and if I still didn't obey, especially if it was yelling, I'd get my mouth smacked. You know, the old adage, 'children should be seen and not heard'. That was a total rule in my house. Learned to listen to my parents right quick because I didn't like getting smacked. Nowadays, you so much as yell at your kid in public and people all get up in your business reporting you to child protective services for abuse. And then people wonder why we have a generation of unbelievably rude and selfish people...

message 32: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnaenden) | 95 comments Mod
I also believe that the world has become very slack in the treatment of children. They get away with so much these days that when I was a child was unheard of. When my children were little (early 90s). I managed to discipline my children (which in this day and age is much harder to do). I wish I could go to a store/resturant or any public place and see a parent dicipline their child for acting up, these days they just let them go on and on.. This is one of the reason I don't do much dinning out anymore can't stand the rude unbehaved children. You just want to tell them to watch The Supper Nanny and get some tips!

message 34: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Kozlovska (Nataaly) Kids are horrible these days. I have a 8 month old daughter and I am worried about her already - all the materialism and selfishness has ruined the generation of teenagers! I sometimes can't believe what I read in social networks - 13 year olds drinking, smoking, talking sh*t about their patents publicly...

But it's due to lack of respect in the world in general.

message 35: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) I totally agree Ginta. I worry about how my 2 and a half year old is going to turn out. He's not too spoiled now, but I'm really afraid for when he starts doing preschool and then real school, I really do not want all those other punk-ass kids influencing him in any way...

message 36: by Char (new)

Char So, a bit off topic.
When did it become ok to go to the store in your slippers and your pajamas? LOL

message 37: by Char (new)

Char ROFL! Really? That's funny.

message 38: by Holly (new)

Holly | 791 comments Sigh...... :-\

message 39: by Holly (new)

Holly (Goldikova) One huge problem in my world......people who become brain dead the minute they sit down in the drivers seat of their car.

Really, the only superpower I crave would be the ability to keep dangerous morons from driving a vehicle.

Talk About Anything That Needs Talking About

unread topics | mark unread