Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Totally Off Topic > Introducing myself, and finally admitting something.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linn (new)

Linn (linnfoster) Hello, everyone! I figured since I just joined, it would be a good idea to introduce myself. :) I always feel a little strange suddenly popping up and joining discussions without giving a little "Hello, I'm new!" blurb.

So I've actually been reading paranormal romance for a while, but only today did I finally admit to myself, "Hey, I really, really have grown to like paranormal romance, I guess this makes me a PR fan." This was actually a small surprise to me, as I actually hated romance for several years. Then again, I was a kid back then, and as you grow up you tend to change. ;) Although I still continue to be not much of a typical romance genre fan. I like the idea of atypical love, and being such an avid urban fantasy fan, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that I eventually liked them both smashed together.

Anyway, I've been slowly building up my list of paranormal romances to read and hope to get plenty of great suggestions from this community! :) Buying them, of course, still remains an issue. (I'm one of those people who likes to own the book instead of getting them from the library.)

I hope to someday get to promote a few of my own books in this community, as I'm a aspiring author writing my first book. However, my first one certainly isn't a paranormal romance, but if I have my way, my second one certainly will be. ;)

So, in conclusion, I'm happy to be here, and I hope to become an active member and discover many great new books!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Maigan: Hi and welcome. I was always more a horror/thriller/suspense fan. And PNR still holds a lot of those thrills for me plus an adult edge with the romance. I never liked romance when I was younger either. But tastes do change =)

message 3: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne McCray | 7 comments He, Maigan! Nice to meet you. I'm new to this group, too. I love all types of paranormal romance, and I've really gotten into urban fantasy that has elements of romance.

Happy Holidays!

Chey

message 4: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne McCray | 7 comments That was supposed to be HI Maigan, not HE. LOL Too much Christmas Eve sugar!

message 5: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Hey, Cheyenne, it's so great to have another author here! Welcome to both of you! :)

message 6: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne McCray | 7 comments Thank you!

message 7: by Linn (new)

Linn (linnfoster) Thanks so far for all the welcomes, everyone! :) And welcome to you, too, Cheyenne!

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Welcome Maigan. I have a spreadsheet with a ton of suggestions if you'd like to see it. Send me your email address and I'll send it to you.

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 108 comments Welcome Maigan and good luck with the writing.

message 10: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 137 comments Welcome, Maigan, and best wishes with your writing.