The Next Best Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gina (new)

Gina (g1n3) | 103 comments Hi, I know I've been posting a lot recently, but I wanted to introduce myself. I never realized there was a newbies corner until last night!

Anyway, obviously, I'm Gina. I'm 16,I live in Florida and my favorite books are The Princess Bride, The Lightening Thief, and my all-time favorite, To Kill a Mockingbird.

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1626 comments welcome!

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Hi Gina, I lived in Florida for 3 years when I was in HS.... I loved it there.

Thanks for finding the group and glad you jumped feet first and started posting.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Gina!

message 7: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Gina, welcome and happy reading!

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Gina!

message 9: by Darla (new)

Darla (silvenfox) | 573 comments Welcome Gina!

message 10: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments hi Gina...welcome to the group!!!!

message 11: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 997 comments Hello Gina,
I'm usually faster with my welcomes but have been VERY busy - I'm sure you will like the group.

message 12: by Gina (new)

Gina (g1n3) | 103 comments Lori- I am so glad you liked FL, but I want out. haha I love the beach, but I get tired of our two seasons of hot and hotter, and I am ready for cold weather. I hope to go to college in the northeast.

message 13: by Allison (new)

Allison (sockweasel) | 432 comments Welcome! :) The Princess Bride is my favorite book too! <3

message 14: by Gina (new)

Gina (g1n3) | 103 comments Oh yes, I looooove cold weather! Of course, cold for here is, like, 50, but I can tolerate it. My family lives in upstate New York and I love visiting there, so much. I wish we were going there for Christmas.

message 15: by Gina (new)

Gina (g1n3) | 103 comments hahaha thank you! My mom thinks I'm insane.

message 16: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Ok Gina, you are starting to scare me. What part of upstate NY? That is where I am from originally.....

I would trade places with you in a heartbeat... I miss the hot and hotter weather. Right now the wind is howling outside, and the rain is freezing ontop of all the snow we got over the weekend!

message 17: by Gina (new)

Gina (g1n3) | 103 comments So I've heard! We talked to my aunt this morning. My mom is originally from Fulton (which is really small, so you've probably never heard of it), but most of my family lives in Oswego. I have cousins in Ithaca and Franklin , as well.

Where are you from?

message 18: by Gina (new)

Gina (g1n3) | 103 comments Today was miserable! It was muggy, warm, dark, and rainy all day long. Florida is, by no means, always the "Sunshine state."