The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Other Book Discussions > 2009 READING CHALLENGE

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (DouglasWjacobson) | 3 comments For all of you interested in World War Two, a reading challenge has just been announced. This will be an outstanding opportunity to learn and share stories about the most significant event of the twentieth century. Prizes will be awarded including two signed hardcover copies of the award-winning historical novel, NIGHT OF FLAMES: A Novel of World War Two.

You can get information about the challenge at this site: http://warthroughthegenerations.wordp...

message 2: by Dottie (new)

Dottie (oxymoronid) | 698 comments Hmmmm?

message 3: by Dini, the master of meaning (new)

Dini | 691 comments Mod
Spam?

message 4: by Dottie (last edited Dec 17, 2008 06:02PM) (new)

Dottie (oxymoronid) | 698 comments No, I don't think it's really spam but maybe ineptitude in peddling his book? And at least he got it in the Other Books folder whereas spammers just post which creates a general folder or they drop posts in any and maybe even each and every topic -- I just wanted to verbally raise my eyebrow slightly, Dini. ;)

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 283 comments Dottie wrote: "No, I don't think it's really spam but maybe ineptitude in peddling his book? And at least he got it in the Other Books folder whereas spammers just post which creates a general folder or they dro..."
Dottie, my eyebrows are right up there with yours. And I'm wondering what it was about Gilmore Girls that made Douglas think, WWII?

message 6: by Dottie (new)

Dottie (oxymoronid) | 698 comments Deborah, that's a good question. I've been watching for this or a similar post in my other groups but haven't noticed -- so I'm coming down on the not spam side of the post still. I have no idea though why he would think to post that book in this group (or rather post that particular book challenge here).

message 7: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Bashore | 592 comments Do we have WW II books in Rory's list or our read list?

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 283 comments Robbie wrote: "Do we have WW II books in Rory's list or our read list?"

Robbie - Diary of a Young Girl (Anne Frank) was a contender for December's book. Is there a distinction between Holocaust literature and WWII literature?

message 9: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
I'm laughing reading these comments and yes, there are several books on the list that qualify as WW2 books... because I think Holocaust books do count.

message 10: by Dottie (new)

Dottie (oxymoronid) | 698 comments Wha-aaat? (That's Marlon as The Godfather there -- did ya hear it?) Are you laughin' at that raised "verbal" eyebrow, Michele? ;) Hee-hee.

My apologies. I'm high on fog, cheese, crackers and dates and an ounce of inexpensive red wine -- don't ask! Rolling my eyes and raising that "verbal" eyebrow once again.