The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > Quick Rant (potential Twilight spoiler inside)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:41AM) (new)

Alyssa | 137 comments Ok, i needed to find a place for a quick rant where fellow bookies would comfort me.

I just had Twilight ruined for me.

I WAS DOING SO WELL! I've only finished the first two books and had managed to remain blissfully ignorant of the last two books. I don't want to know what happens until i've read it for myself. I stayed out of any sites that may contain potential gossip or spoilers. I refused to discuss books past New Moon. I just had to get through one more final so i could start the third book...

And then i decided to wiki the character Alice.

I couldn't remember (forgive me major fans) her relationship with Jasper. I thought they were together but I wasn't sure. So I pull up a list of characters from Twilight and read about Alice carefully avoiding anything written around the words "Breaking Dawn". Then I scroll down a bit and see an unfamiliar name.

*SPOILER ALERT*

RENEESMEE?!?!?!? THEY HAVE A FREAKIN KID?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!??! I clicked out of there as fast as i could, but there are some things you just can't unsee. I want to cry. What's the point of reading anymore if you know what happens???? Can someone erase that part of my memory...please???????

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1626 comments That same thing sorta happened to me. I was playing that quiz on here and I did it on the books that I have read only and the same thing happened. They spoiled it for me too which isnt fair cuz I havent started Breaking Dawn yet

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) That sucks. I'm one of those nosey readers that looks ahead in the book, so I don't mind spoilers that much. I think you should continue reading though, because other events take place that you don't know about.

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1626 comments of course I just have to read on.

message 5: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I don't generally mind a little spoiling, but I was also taking the never ending book quiz (my books only to AVOID spoilers) and was exposed to the name Renesme. I was so irritated! I had only read Twilight, but with that goofy name, it was so obvious what had happened! I think if you want to be really protected, you just have to go back to the dark ages, reading by candlelight, no electricity!!!!

message 6: by Malena (new)

Malena (thefieryheartnz) Read Eclipse, skip Breaking Dawn.

message 7: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 137 comments Thanks gang!
i'm feeling a little more calm about the situation lol i've definately had the quiz thing happen to me before with other books. it's sooo annoying.
i shall read eclipse then see how i feel

message 8: by Malena (new)

Malena (thefieryheartnz) The blurb for Twilight still bugs me. I wish Stephenie never revealed that Edward was a vampire. I spent the first few chapters waiting for it to be revealed and when it was I was like FINALLY!

There would've been more suspense. I forbid my friends to read the blurb when I loan them my copy.

message 9: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 137 comments I agree Mel! I think it would have been way more fun to "discover" that Edward was a vampire rather than getting impatient waiting for her to tell us what we already know.

message 10: by Natasha (last edited Dec 19, 2008 08:43AM) (new)

Natasha | 19 comments It must have been nice to know so little while reading the books. I didn't even know about the books till they had been out for a few years and by the time I picked it up everyone had spoilt the whole thing for me.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I too heard breaking dawn isn't good.

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 2389 comments Breaking Dawn is the worst book I've ever read in my entire life.

message 13: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 137 comments lol
ok part of me is leaning toward skipping Breaking Dawn, but now a part of me is curious about the awfulness of the book...

message 14: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1626 comments Yikes Emma LOL I have heard that before but I have to finish out the series!!!

message 15: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 19 comments Is Breaking Dawn the last one? I don't remember but if it is OMG I couldn't agree more. It was twisted and not in a good intriguing* (spelling) way but just a this makes no damn sense way. I finished it for the same reasons as you...I tend to finish series I start but it took me longer then it usually takes. Sometimes I was just so annoyed I'd drop the book and walk away.

message 16: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1626 comments Ohhh There has been many a book throw in my time LOL

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 2389 comments Hahhaa, read it and then we can discuss it awfulness together.

I finished it to get it OVER with.

message 18: by Mary (new)

Mary | 45 comments I would love to discuss the awfulness together. is there actually a place to do that? Without being thrown out of the group? :D