The protesters discussion

Animal testing!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leiko (new)

Leiko Xantara (arrogant_protector) I' am AGAINST it.
It is in humane.
Don't trust PETA.
Or IAMS!
Ask Bells about it.
Or go to you tube.

message 2: by Allison (new)

Allison (abriea) So against it!!!!! i mean why hurt animals for ourselves???? They is no less then us.

message 3: by Phantom (new)

Phantom | 5 comments Mod
I am against it. Lye, why don't you put some actual posts? Here is a post to an awesome website! It has alot of other sites to go to on it.
http://www.livingcrueltyfree.com/my-f...

PS: While Peta does kill a ton of animals, and please never support it, it does give us some valubale information.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

This is a petition about animal testing, Please sign if you agree with it:

http://www.petitiononline.com/pawsclu...

message 5: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (discipleshirley) | 13 comments I am going to be on the opposite side of the spectrum for argument's sake> I am a parent and grandparent. I do not want chemo or diabetes testing to be done on other humans endangering them. If my child or grandchild is sick I am grateful for any break thru in medical care. Having said that. Testing does not have to be live threatening the the animal for for that matter painful. If we could find animals already with diseases and try to help them would be one way out. I am not dis-ing animals. I am an animal lover, but I do not want to see another mother's child be a guina pig or some homeless person go thru things just to get a bite to eat. There are bad ones that are shown every day on the internet and tv, but most of your lab facilties are clean, and humane. Now the mother mouse may not agree and not want to have her kits used for research and say try it one humans, it boils down to what each individual thinks is necessary. But I love my children, family, neighbors and if treating a mouse for cancer will help them overcome, I am all for it. I am not for cruelty. Research your lab facilities before you give credit to sensationalized articles that are meant to inflame you and make you side with them. Having said that, now someone look up the University labs and let me know what they found out. Remember the sensationalized articles are not the norm. Don't get mad at me, I just wanted you to think. Thats why I usually keep my big mouth shut on issues such as these, but you guys are learning about whats out there and I want you to have all the info before you make a decision. Shirley

message 6: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (oceanwavesheartsoul) | 1 comments Hmm, what you said, DOES make since. But, if killing animals is the way to make your children safe does it really seem worth it. Thinking, "Oh, 57, 000 mice tested out this medicine and now we can use it for usefulness!" That seems sorta, I dunno, terrible.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 13, 2008 08:18PM) (new)

Animal testing is a joke. Why would you do that to some little animal that used to walk side by side with us. Humans were put here (if you're religious, I'm not, but I'll put it this way so I don't get malled) to take care of animals... do you call this taking CARE of them?!! PETA is not to be trusted, yes they give good info, but do you know what they really do to animals??? They kill them, they'll save an animal from some lab, and kill them so they can take the money we give them and waste it. How would you feel if you looked like this for someone you don't even know's beauty?

[image error]

message 8: by Leiko (new)

Leiko Xantara (arrogant_protector) Okay, I'll write more now.

Animals are so much like us. They have thoughts and feelings and can get scared and cry just like us. They get hurt the same way we do. They feel pain as much as we do. They want to hide from danger just like us.
Saying that, I ask you why it is legal for so called "good" companies and bussnieses to test products such as medicine, make up, plastic bags, detergent, and so on, on animals. It's torture and slaughter.
People shouldn't kill innocent animals so they can look good or be lazy. Its wrong.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

But at the same time they are so unlike us, so even if a product works on them it still may not work on us.

message 10: by Leiko (new)

Leiko Xantara (arrogant_protector) No! I was saying it was bad! Bad!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I understand that, I was just adding on.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

GO VEGAN GO!!!!!
If my health wasn't majorly wacked by going vegan, I would go too! But I AM a vegetarian. Maybe when I'm older I can start again, it's just hard in the mornings, all your choices are at my house is cereal. '.'

message 13: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (discipleshirley) | 13 comments I see each of you are thinking. You will probably have to rely on your basic core beliefs to sort this out. I hope you understand I don't want cruelty either. This is a deep subject that will reflect your character and effect the way you feel on many areas. As far as the bible is concerned, God told the Hebrews to have blood sacrifices of lambs, bullocks, doves and of course the scape goat. So we may have the responsibility to take care of animals but God wanted them used for His purpose too. So do I know if God wants us to test on animals? Nope food for thought for me also.

message 14: by Carlie (new)

Carlie | 4 comments Against.
We should respect all living things. A human's life is not worth more than an animal's life. If you believe that, that is specism.
Besides, can you prove that humans are more important than animals? If we dissappeared, the earth would go on. If bees dissappeared, most of the world (except bacteria, etc.) would dissappear.
We are akin to parasites.

message 15: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (discipleshirley) | 13 comments Akin to parasites..........deep thought Carlie.

What about the rest of you, have you researched the labs yet...........?