The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello from a Texas Preacher

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 7 comments My name is ryan dalgliesh and I call East Texas home for now. I have a lovely wife and we will be celebrating two years married next week. We are expecting our first child June 2009. I love to read and write. As a preacher i spend a lot of time reading the Bible, but i am also a huge fan of classic literature. My favorite is The Count of Monte Cristo.

I have one self-published book and am working on another. I pray that one day i'll be published for real.

Nice to be here... i'm brand new to goodreads.

ryan

message 2: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1045 comments Hi, Ryan. Welcome to TNBBC.

message 3: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome Ryan!

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Congratulations and welcome Ryan! Thank you for the work you do, I'm sure you bring comfort to many people.

message 5: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 7 comments Thanks for all the welcomes. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

message 6: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (welloflostplots) Welcome to the group and welcome to GoodReads!! :o)

message 8: by Anita (new)

Anita (tigergirl) | 45 comments Welcome Ryan
God bless

message 9: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Welcome!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Ryan!

message 11: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10123 comments Mod
Hi Ryan...
congrats on the two year anny, the new baby on the way, and on the self published book!!!

Welcome and thanks for joining!

message 12: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (petra-x) Hi there Ryan

message 13: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 7 comments Thanks everyone for welcoming me... and Lori thanks for the many congrats!

message 14: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 7 comments PETRA,

fantastic that you have traveled so much. I love to travel. My wife hasn't much but i hope to change that. I see that you have an active interest in Art... that is what i studied in college after about 7 years of private lessons... i just wanted to give a personal hello to everyone who said hello to me. I don't want to be the guy who never visits other people's pages.

ryan

message 15: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Ryan. Welcome!!

message 16: by Jill (new)

Jill (wanderingrogue) | 329 comments Ooooh. Texas, eh? We are destined to be bitter rivals. ;)

*girl from Oklahoma, brushing up on her sports rhetoric*

Seriously, though. Welcome from a northern neighbor. :)

message 17: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (petra-x) Hi Ryan, some of us have itchy feet....
I also went to art college, glass and film.

message 18: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Ryan...Welcome to the group!!!
Congratz on your many achievements!

message 19: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 7 comments Thanks Lisa. I'm not sure that i've achieved much but i'm still young and am praying that God will use me. I tried to find out something about you, but alas "private profile" prevented me. Please share as you are willing.

ryan

message 20: by Cameron (last edited Dec 13, 2008 04:42PM) (new)

Cameron (cswagner) Welcome Ryan! I too am a big fan of classic literature. I started The Count of Monte Cristo several years ago, but never had the chance to finish it. I hope to get to it sometime soon again, but I have so many books checked out from the library and I'm not sure when I will be able to. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

message 21: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 7 comments Thanks, Cameron. You'll eventually get back around to The Count. it is a very detailed story with about 12 sub plots but it is good.

ryan

message 22: by Jen (new)

Jen (nekokitty) | 110 comments Nice to meet you Ryan! Congrats on the coming baby! I have two beautiful children - a four (going on 16) year old girl and a ten month old (going on 6 years) old baby boy. They are a handful, but worth it. :)

I'm currently reading The Count of Monte Cristo, and am LOVING it!!! Hopefully we'll get to have a good discussion about it soon.

message 23: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 7 comments Thanks, Jenni. I'll need to read it again soon so that i can be fresh when we have our discussion. We are very excited about the baby coming.

i look forward to getting to know everyone better.

ryan

message 24: by Conni (new)

Conni (ccorn) | 13 comments Hi Ryan,
Where do you live? I grew up in Tyler. I live in Indy now. Just wondering.

Conni

message 25: by Darla (new)

Darla (silvenfox) | 573 comments Welcome Ryan!

message 26: by Ann from S.C. (new)

Ann from S.C. | 1395 comments Hello and welcome!!

message 27: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Forgot to ask you how your wife is feeling... hope she hasn't got the morning queesies. Too early to know if it's a boy or a girl, I imagine. I didn't want to know. How 'bout you?

message 28: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 997 comments Hello and welcome,
Sorry for the late welcome I've been a bit busy and haven't been on for a bit. I'm sure you will like it here!

Robin.