Harry Potter discussion

Books > Ron's return with Hermiones reaction

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Kenzie I thought it was awesome how she yelled at him and scared him. It was so funny.

"Give me my wand Harry, give it to me"
Turning to Ron,"and you."

It was awesome. I'm not sure where that quote came from, my book is with my grandma.

message 2: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Yeah, I really liked that to. I mean seriously, if a guy abandoned me and then expected me to be all mushy with him I would seriously curse him until he couldn't feel his buttocks!!!!

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Ashley (samuraigurl91) | 106 comments Lol! good one Meghan. yeah totally.

message 4: by Sarah Anne (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Sarah Anne (sarahaf712) | 38 comments It wouldn't be just the buttocks.

message 5: by Roni (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Roni (V_A_B) and later in the conversation
"At least she hasn't set birds on me again." -ron
"I havn't ruled it out!"-hermione

message 6: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

Kenzie LOL Veronica.

message 7: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) yeah, i just about died laughing at that point...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah! i luv that part in the book!!!

message 9: by Maya (new)

Maya (numerounochewylover) | 270 comments lmao, that was seriously one of my favorite parts of the entire series! so hilarious! i loved how mad she was adn how she was threatening harry to let her get at ron! =D

message 10: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments i loved that part too! i mean, i was kind of losing hope with jk, cause like whenever there were times like dumble's funeral, only hermione and ginny were crying in the beginning, and it's always hermione and ginny crying whenever something like that happens! i mean, if hermione had gone mushy i would have gotten quite miffed! cause isn't it kinda weird for jk to be sexist if she's a girl...?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

thats so true...... i think at least ron would be crying!!

message 12: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) | 732 comments seriously! here's a quote from dubmle's funeral: "...meanwhile, tears were falling thick and fast into hermione's and ginny's laps." hello?! harry didn't even cry at the funeral, and ron only shed a few tears towards the end!!!!

message 13: by Shley (last edited Jul 02, 2009 08:59AM) (new)

Shley | 7 comments how about "and then without warning, it swept over him, the dreadful truth, more completely and undeniably than it had until now. Dumbledore was dead, gone... he clutched the cold locket in his hand so tightly that it hurt, but he could not prevent hot tears spilling from his eyes:" page 600, The White Tomb, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

so, he did cry.

message 14: by RinaKat (new)

RinaKat | 480 comments Maybe, during the funeral, he was to sad to cry? It would make sense. It has happened to me before.

message 15: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) yeah...that does happen...
the part where Ron returned was funny...

message 16: by Esther (new)

Esther | 5 comments I expected Hermione to retalitate that way..cause JK has always made Hermione the feminist of the book. Like the Half-Blood Prince could be a girl arguement she had with Ron and Harry. I didn't expect her to get mushy with him.I wouldn't...lol lol.

message 17: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments idk even what we r talking about lol

message 18: by Girija (last edited Sep 13, 2009 05:27PM) (new)

Girija hahaha
i wouldnt either
i would do exactly what hermione did
what did those boys expect anyway?
:D

message 19: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairecho22) | 18 comments I agree with the way Hermione acted. Example: I don't know about you, but whenever I go to a funeral, I'm always saying "I'm not crying, I must be strong" and as soon as the organ music start, my eyes turn to a waterfall until we get outside the church in the car and back home. And Guys do tear up as well. Maybe Ron shed a few tears but JK didn't mention it. An Harry Has been crying and feeling sorrow since Dumbledore died, and throughout the 7th book.

Wow...I'm so bored, it's 1.46AM here an I'm not in the mood to sleep yet heh..

message 20: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments .................. I still am to lazy to see wat this topic is talking about....

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Meghan wrote: "Yeah, I really liked that to. I mean seriously, if a guy abandoned me and then expected me to be all mushy with him I would seriously curse him until he couldn't feel his buttocks!!!!"

Totally!

message 22: by Alison (new)

Alison Evans (budgie_alison) I thought she did mention Ron crying a bit, at the end? Something about his tears falling off of his long nose? xD I dunno, I don't have my book with me so I can't check.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Ron keeps getting cuter as he gets older. *Sigh.*

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

You mean Rupert Grunt does.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Whatever. I like Rupert Grint's looks mixed with Ron Weasley's personality. Personality's are much more important, so I lean towards Ron.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments Shae wrote: "Ron keeps getting cuter as he gets older. *Sigh.*"

ikr!!!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh gingers....

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) I think the actors look exactly like the characters.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments I imagined Luna, Nevile and Ginny to be a little different... but other than them....

JAAAA

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) I know, i thought the same with Neville too. And your right Ella! They chose really well.

message 33: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
Well, Dumbledore is a genius! I like Richard Harris in the first two films better then Michael Gambon in the third, fourth, and fifth films, but I think Gambon is amazing in HBP.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments I like Dumbledore in both of them but i especially like em in the 1st and 2nd... :) Dont to dis the people who oppose me tho :)

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) I like them both!

message 37: by Kami (new)

Kami (blkami) | 15 comments i dont like the way in the 4th that dumbledore gets all mad at harry and pushes him against the wall. that really bugged me. dumbledore is supposed to believe harry.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments Oh yeah, I didn't like that part much either. I mean, its not Michael Gambon's fault (hes still a great actor) I just dont like that playwrite much...

message 39: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

I agree. One of the reasons I don't really like the GoF film is the portrayal of Dumbledore. It looks like he wants to throttle Harry in the scene Kami mentioned. Also the Dumbledore from the books would never be cowering by the Goblet of Fire, as he does in the film.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments ... coward...

Poor Harry. I love Dumbledore tho. Hes tied for 1st fav with Ron and Sirius :D

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments Ja. Hes awesome like that. :)

I like Lupin 2.

My fav girl characters r:

Tonks
Hermione
Uhh... Mrs. Weasley maybe???

I dont really like Ginny much.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments lol

I do ntthink JKR's girl characters were evr that strong...

message 44: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

I've never really liked Tonks either, but everyone seems to love her. My favorite female characters are Hermione, Luna, and Mrs. Weasley. I actually also love Umbridge as a character, but not as a person, obviously.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments SAME HERE

THERE R UMBRIDGE LOVERS???!?!??!?!?!? *faints*

message 46: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Really? She's my favorite villain (she's so evil in a twisted, sadistic, pink cardigan way) and is the reason I love OotP so much.

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments Oh, yh I like her as a villain. But not as a person. :P :D

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 117 comments not so much (to finish ur sentence :D)

« previous 1 3