The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark | 10 comments Hi, I am posting from Toronto and I have to say how pleased I was to find this site. I am 37 and a voracious reader in a wide variety of genres. I am looking forward to getting involved in some book discussions.
I work as a Teaching Assistant while I slowly (very slowly) finish a degree and I also work part time in a bookstore, so I have the opportunity to have a look at a vast store of titles in a given day. The money could be better, but working in a bookstore has turned out to be a pretty good way to spend time and earn money.

message 2: by Mykee (new)

Mykee  Tan  (chineseveganboy) | 22 comments Hi! Welcome to the group. You're so lucky! You get to work at a bookstore. That's one of my fantasies! Haha. Anyway, I hope you'll find this group (and this site) really enjoyable.

message 3: by Autumn (new)

Autumn | 4 comments Heya Mark! Mmmm I applied to Barnes and Nobel years and years ago. They never got back to me. (sniffs) You are so lucky!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Mark. Hope you like it here!

message 5: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Hi and welcome to the group.

message 6: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10108 comments Mod
Hi Mark!
mmmm..I would love to work in a bookstore, but I would be afraid I wouldnt ever come home with a paycheck. I would probably find some way of getting them to just pay me in books :)

WElcome!

Petra in Cancun being tortured by a dentist (petra-x) Lori - you can come and work in my bookshop and take all the books you want in lieu of pay!

message 8: by Jen (new)

Jen Welcome Mark, you'll enjoy this site and love this group...

message 9: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi mark, welcome and happy reading - I fear your degree is going to go even more slowly now!! (I hope not... Get to work!! she said in her worst professorial voice)

message 10: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10108 comments Mod
Petra, sounds like a plan!! he he he!

message 11: by Darla (new)

Darla (silvenfox) | 573 comments Welcome Mark!

message 12: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Mark Welcome!!! I have to say I'm a little jealous that you get to work in a bookstore...hehe!!!

Hope you enjoy the group :~)

message 13: by Ann from S.C. (new)

Ann from S.C. | 1395 comments Hello and welcome!!

message 14: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 997 comments Hello and welcome,
Sorry for the late welcome I've been a bit busy and haven't been on for a bit. I'm sure you will like it here!

Robin.