twilight lovers! discussion

New Moon Movie > Will Summit pick a man to direct New Moon? Do you think it would matter if it was a man or a woman?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (bookexaminer) | 3 comments An interesting question that I hadn't thought of before. This discusses it and says that Chris Weitz might be offered the post: http://www.examiner.com/x-562-Book-Ex...

message 2: by Darcy (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:41AM) (new)

Darcy (SpellingD) | 2 comments I don't think it makes a difference one way or the other. If the question is about whether the "romance" aspect of New Moon will be ignored by a man, I think we only have to look at most of the movies in Hollywood that are directed by men to see that they can still direct romantic storylines.
If the question is about feminist issues (i.e. hiring a woman vs. a man) I really don't see an issue. Hardwicke is not the only game in town, and while I appreciated that she was passionate about the books, she's not the only one who can do it. And who's to say that another female director would do a better job?
As long as the new director is willing to listen to Stephenie Meyer and STICK TO THE STORY, I think it will be good. Unfortunately, I think Summit believes that their target audience is strictly teenagers, and will want to get these movies out before the fickle ones change their obsessions. This could be good and bad. But, I believe that they have to get these movies out quickly, regardless.

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 156 comments ya... same...i gues

message 4: by Nava Cullen (new)

Nava Cullen (thetanvampire) | 176 comments see i think that a woman would be better cause when they have to cast all of the male vampires they would want a woman so she could tell if they are gorgeous and a guy wouldnt be able to...
the male vampires are more important to be gorgeous, too, cause most of the audience is girls that wanna see gorgeous vampire guys.

message 5: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments Oh I agree with that too. I think it could be either, considering there's a good percentage of male and female directors who make great romance movies.

message 6: by Nava Cullen (new)

Nava Cullen (thetanvampire) | 176 comments true... but imagine a man trying to pick out the cullen guys!

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) wiat wait wait. does that mean that they're choosing different people to play the cullens??

message 8: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
I don't really care either way as long as they do a good job...I know that Chris Weitz they guy they have been talking about directed The Golden Compass and that one had the computer animated bears and they looked good so maybe he can pull off the wolves....As far as the Cullens go I know that Rob will be back and so will Emmett but I haven't heard anything about the others.

They do have to cast Aro, Casius, Marcus, Felix and Demitri so we need some new sexy Vampires even if all the Cullens come back!

message 9: by Nava Cullen (new)

Nava Cullen (thetanvampire) | 176 comments nooooo... they're not picking new cullens. that would be AWFUL!!!! im just saying that if a man were directing twilight, then he'd have to, which would be bad.

message 10: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

I was just thinking about this....The Native American guys that played Sam and Embry in the movie were not wearing wigs...thats their real hair so how in the world are the director and producer going to talk them into shaving their heads for new moon?????

message 11: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments Yup. He directed the Golden Compass. I liked teh book and movie.

OMG YA STEPH!
Omg those Volturi vamps are going to be sooo hot!

message 13: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

message 14: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments I hope he keeps his promise. OMG NEW MOON IS COMING OUT SO SOON!

message 15: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments I know! Oohhh I wanna see it! Omg those Volturi vamps.... hehe soo HOT!

message 16: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (last edited Dec 13, 2008 12:33PM) (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments They will be! I'm just gonna stare throught the entire movie.

message 17: by Janepage (new)

Janepage Yay! An official New Moon movie page!! Sorry I've been checking everyday!

message 18: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

message 19: by Jake (new)

Jake this is the stupids fucking question i have ever heard

message 20: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Wow jake....lol

message 21: by Luna (new)

Luna HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I HAVE INVADED THE TWILIGHT LOVERS CLUB FOR THE POINT OF SAYING TWLIGHT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND BECAUSE TOO MANY OF YOU INVADE THE HATERS GROUP!!!!!!!!

message 22: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

LOL get a life...

message 23: by Nava Cullen (new)

Nava Cullen (thetanvampire) | 176 comments ya. its not like its gonna affect us. we'll just ignore you.