Brain Science Podcast discussion

Off Topic > Lumosity

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carlos_p (new)

Carlos_p | 1 comments Hey all,

What is the group's opinion on Lumosity.com? I stumbled on their website and I do not see any red flags. Everything looks legit, positive, and based on research. I am not sure of the validity of the research. Does anyone have any opinions about this site?

I got a little chuckle when I saw their ad on the google ads for this forum.

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonStar) | 3 comments No one responded and I have the same question. It's almost a year later. Does anyone here think the Lumosity site has any value for what it's touted to be?

message 3: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Nolan | 5 comments Among the ADHD Coaches who use it I hear it has great value. Even one month should produce results.
As with all exercise continuous use will raise the level of long term benefits.

message 4: by نجلاء (new)

نجلاء العريفي (najlalor) | 1 comments As one who believes in gaming as a tool of cognitive development, and has seen its (tremendous) effect on hard-core gamers who have better information processing and response time than normal people, with confidence I say Lumosity is not a fraud experiment-even if the pseudo effect exists, it's part of the experience.

It's what I believe in, and personally, I deem and feel that myself improved after regulated sessions.

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 1 comments I used it for about a year & found it quite effective. However, you can get similar programs for free through the Samsung & Apple apps stores

message 6: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Nolan | 5 comments What are the names of the samsung and apple apps?

message 7: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Nolan | 5 comments As part of a separate chat on Lumosity, the ADHD Coaches Assoc. is creating a 3-6 month test on its value and effectiveness. I'll share the results in 6 months.

message 8: by Richie (new)

Richie (taylorRichie) | 1 comments I personally use Cambridge Brain Sciences. It's free, and hits all the necessary exercises.

Also Dual-N Back is one of the best exercises out there, and versions are readily available for computer, phone, and tablets.