The Female Brain The Female Brain discussion

Tried to read this, but...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Rowley every minute I was distracted by thoughts of sex. Sigh.

message 2: by Travis (new)

Travis Yes I know what you mean, just last night I read a book but I couldn't get to sleep.

message 3: by Travis (new)

Travis because I had to many questions in my head I just couldn't.
:)

Rebecca Grubb Ha! Michael you are funny. I think you have to take this book with a grain of salt, but it has some very interesting ideas. It certainly explains a lot of human behaviours I have observed. I am a high school teacher and I can tell you, teenagers are so addicted to social interaction it is almost a compulsion.

I also believe that people are subconsciously attracted to one another based on genetic compatibility.

In short, worth reading.

Naomi Schumacher This book is easy to get distracted with, but if you really apply yourself it has a lot to learn from. :) I enjoyed it, got a little bored at times but pushed through it, and many parts were super interesting. :) It helped me to understand a bit about myself and my mom. Overall it was well written for a psychology book; if the author had not included so many personal experience stories I wouldn't have read it, so that kept me interested :) It helps to apply it to yourself or someone you know if you really want to retain what you read rather than skimming.
And I agree Rebecca :) It was worth reading.

message 6: by China (last edited Jul 25, 2012 11:26AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

China Marie I thought the book had a lot of good information in it. It did get a little boring at times because she repeated herself often. However, the book made me completely change the way I interpret other people, esp my other women. Now when ever something happens I try to think about what the underlying psychological or hormonal influence is, if there is one.

Cass Smith cross reference with "the male brain" and you realize male and females are not compatible in anyway! Women are far superior in almost every way (except hormonal imbalance which is why women should be on the pill - mandatory)

message 8: by Jeff (new) - rated it 1 star

Jeff Joseph One of the worst books I have ever read, and Ive read alot. Painfully stupid.

Mark Great information, much easier to live knowing this stuff.