Good Reads 4 Teens discussion

Lockdown (Escape from Furnace, #1)
This topic is about Lockdown
Book of the Month > Lockdown

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adriana (last edited Mar 05, 2012 06:03PM) (new)

Adriana Discuss Lockdown here!

Excited to read it. It should be good. I read a couple of pages before and stopped. Not that it was bad but it wasn't what I needed to read next.

message 2: by Adriana (new)

Adriana ... I hate that you point out my flaws. Time and time again...

message 3: by Adriana (new)

Adriana It's cool :P It's too bad I keep failing...
You said you really wanted to.

message 4: by Adriana (new)

Adriana That sucks. Weekend! And spring break next week!!!

Finally you have a picture! And it looks delicious...

message 5: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Yeah it really is. That keeps happening.

message 6: by Adriana (new)

Adriana You don't need to apologize? (:

I guess. That's what you are saying about yourself when you put that picture there... or you really like muffins.

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana what!? lol.

Um well it reminds me a lot of the Maze Runner and I really don't want it to. I hope it's great on it's own.

message 8: by Adriana (new)

Adriana *sigh*Just tell me. It's actually pretty funny and not annoying. I didn't think I sounded annoyed... sorry about that.

*sputters* The Maze Runner is amazing! And you're a guy! You're kind of obligated to read it :D

message 9: by Adriana (new)

Adriana oh! lol.
What other things to read? It's school related isn't it?

message 10: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Never heard of it. It doesn't sound like it's going to be fun to read...

message 11: by Adriana (new)

Adriana okay...

message 12: by Starburst (last edited Mar 07, 2012 04:43PM) (new)

Starburst Red Scarf Girl is good! and I can't find Lockdown or the Maze Runner anywhere!
And the one dude who has The Maze Runner really doesn't like me, so he won't lend it to me. X(

message 13: by Meg (new)

Meg | 180 comments Mod
Morrow twin, am I correct?

message 14: by Starburst (new)

Starburst You got it.

message 15: by Meg (new)

Meg | 180 comments Mod
Yes!!!! I'm smart!!! :D

message 16: by Starburst (new)

Starburst Of course you are! XD

message 17: by Meg (new)

Meg | 180 comments Mod
Oh, I meant about guessing it was one of the Morrow twins' book. I'm not usually good with that sort of thing!!

message 18: by Starburst (new)

Starburst Yeah i know...

message 19: by Meg (new)

Meg | 180 comments Mod
Ouch. That hurts. I'm hoping that's sarcasm. :P

message 20: by Starburst (new)

Starburst oh hahaha omg that's not what I meant! I meant that I knew that you meant it about guessing who it was? no, wait that doesn't make sense.
I knew that you meant it about guessing it was one of the Morrow twins' books. I did NOT mean it like "Yeah, I know you're not usually good with that sort of thing". Wow. Okay I hope this makes sense.

message 21: by Adriana (new)

Adriana lol

message 22: by Meg (new)

Meg | 180 comments Mod
I knew what you meant. I wanted to see you reaction. :P

message 23: by Starburst (new)

Starburst Meg wrote: "I knew what you meant. I wanted to see you reaction. :P"

WHAT? AFTER ALL I DID TO MAKE THAT UNDERSTANDABLE? How could you do such a dastardly thing??????????? :"(
hahaha JK XP

message 24: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Meg wrote: "I knew what you meant. I wanted to see you reaction. :P"

evil :P

message 25: by Adriana (new)

Adriana yes it is.

Josiah (kenjenningsjeopardy74) Lockdown turned out to be one of the best books I've read in several months, perhaps going as far back as last November. To make the world that he was creating in this book come alive as vividly and realistically as it does required an incredible amount of writing skill on the part of Alexander Gordon Smith, but he was up to the challenge in every way. It would have been so easy for Lockdown to have degenerated into some kind of a shocker horror-fest, but the author never allows that to happen. There's a palpable sense of hope that really buoys the story even in its darkest, most frightening moments, and that hopefulness is what will keep readers coming back eager for more. I've already read the second book, and I'm definitely going to read the rest of them as well. Well done, Alexander Gordon Smith!

Jaeson | 1 comments it looks like a good book i want to read it