Perspective Plus discussion

Chit Chat > Squee!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (last edited Mar 02, 2012 12:40PM) (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 1031 comments Mod
On Leap Day, Kim Harrison, author of the Rachel Morgan urban fantasy books, came to a branch of my library system. Not only did she Q & A a question for me, we all got meet and greet with her. I too my omnibus of the first 3 books to be signed and got an early b-day prezzie from the boyfriend of the new book that just came out, so I got to have BOTH signed! Not only that, I and the boyfriend had our picture taken by Kim's husband and it is on her site, kimharrison.net, under events, look for the Cleveland appearance, or check out my profile page, and you can see it in my photo gallery.

See, I meant what I said about not being afraid of cameras!

message 2: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

I have just posted the wedding flower pics to my profile for anyone who wants to see what I have done for my best friends up coming event. Narzain was kind enough to take them for me, and I am proud because I have recently learned how to email attachments.

message 3: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

This is very hard for me to type this. I got a call from Kelley last night, to tell me bad news. It appears that one of their dogs decided to make a commentary on the up coming wedding on Saturday. Kelley's fiance raises pure bread Mastiffs. They only have a few at a time, and one female (fixed) is their family pet. The male stud was home from a recent stud out and was in the yard. Their personal dog, Candy was in the basement as she and Max do not get along. (He's a little young for her to keep up with.)

To set the scene, Kelley was worried that I had made her bouquet too long and that it would catch on her dress (which I have not seen) so she and her sister were going to shorten it (I offered) on Saturday. Kelley's future mother in law was also over. Her future let in Max, who looks nothing like Candy, who then promptly worried the bridal bouquet to shreds and then, peed on it.

Needless to say, a new bouquet was ordered on line, her future mother in-law paid for it,and 2 hours of my life are gone with a stupid act by a stupid person (trust me,there is precedent here). Kelley is upset, I am hurt, and the new bouquet is at her sisters house for safe keeping.

At least I have pictures.

message 4: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

Y'all are gonna love this one.

I was telling one of the Y employees on Wednesday what had happened to the flowers as she is quite interested in what I did and how the wedding stuff is going along. Another patron overheard us,looked me right in the eyes,and said, "Well, that should be a lesson in humility for you." and walked away. To say my gob had been smacked was an understatement.

Me,a humility lesson? Am I that arrogant?

message 5: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (last edited Jun 18, 2012 02:21PM) (new)

Well, the wedding went well. I have posted a few pictures on my profile. I did not get the wedding party as I wanted to because there were no photo ops at the wedding and they did not bring their flowers to the reception. I hope to get a digital photo from the bride when they get home from the family honeymoon. ( I ROCKED my new dress!)

So, the bride wore a white ball gown with crystals and a sweetheart corset top, strapless dress with a lace bolero and tiara. She was absolutely gorgeous. The bridesmaids all wore strapless floor length satin with a "diamond" detail at the one hip, with bolero jackets. The color was a deep,rich Marine blue. The groom and ushers were in black tuxes with Marine Blue pocket squares and white shirts.

The bride wore a second gown to the reception as the ceremony gown was borrowed from a family friend. For the reception, she wore a strapless satin sheath style gown with crystal detail at the waist and cross-cross ruched sweet-heart neckline and a lace bolero, and the train was pinned up.

The ring bearer and flower girl were both dressed in their First Communion dresses with matching Marine blue sashes and tiny tiaras.

The food was banquet hall food, but the bar! EEEEE! It was cheaper to provide their own liquor than have the hall do it, so it was top shelf all the way baby!

I, who do not drink, had 2 Tanqueray Gin and Tonics, 4 glassed of champagne, Kahlua and cream, and a shot of Cuervo 1800 Tequila with the bride. No hangover, never got sick. (Big grin.) I learned that I like Amaretto Sours but I do NOT like Dewars. (UGH!)

I danced. I shook my groove thing,I shook what my mamma gave me, and I dropped it like it's hot.

I had a blast.

Went to the doctor today for regular appointment.

I am now at 351.2 lbs. I have lost more weight!

message 6: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (last edited Jan 10, 2013 07:37AM) (new)

Last night, I got to meet Kevin Hearne the author of "The Iron Druid" series (which if you are not reading, get cracking!) He was funny, engaging and very wonderful. Not only did I get to meet him, get an autograph and give him some of my fine homemade cookies, I also got to see two of my favorite and influential teachers from high school!

Seriously,if you a get a chance to see him, go. If you like Harry Dresden, you will love Atticus.

P.S. If any of you are on facebook, and either follow Kevin or can view his page, I would be very interested in any posts he made about his appearance at the Rocky River Library on 1/9/13.

Thanks.