Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, #4)
This topic is about Breaking Dawn
Series > Breaking Dawn

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
Thoughts?

Elena Dillon (elenadillon) | 9 comments My least favorite of them all. Really hate the whole baby thing. Just my humble opinion of course.

Nila | 139 comments I thought this book had the most action of all the ones in the series. I mean, the others were mostly about Bella being in danger and the others coming to protect her, but in this one, Bella goes through her own problems and faces them on her own. AND SHE FINALLY BECOMES A VAMPIRE, thank god. At least, we'd stop hearing her whine about how she's the only powerless one. And she began to fight back.

Elena Dillon (elenadillon) | 9 comments So true about the action and whining!! ;)

Angel | 8 comments Just finished this one late last night! Awesome!! I was also glad that Bella finally became a vampire. I wasn't real sure how it was going to happen. I had thought before I read it that the baby would turn her into a vampire after giving birth but I was wrong. I've gotta say I don't see how anyone would be Team Jacob until this book. I want more though! lol! I am hoping she finishes Midnight Sun. I think Edward's point of view will be very interesting. I haven't read the rough draft yet. I'm going to in the next few days. Happy Reading!

Kelly Bostic (Bookworm4388) This was my favorite out of the series. Loved that Bella finally became a vampire. I also loved the fact that Bella and Edward had a baby that Jacob imprinted on that was pretty funny.

message 7: by Samira (last edited Mar 13, 2012 08:11PM) (new)

Samira | 7 comments i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!the book is like the best book i ever read mostly because of erward and jocab were protecting bella and the baby (renesmee) was the best part in the book and i like it.it has everything you could imagine werewolves,vampires,action,adventure. I absolutely loved it.I read it two years ago and i still didn't forgetthe charasters.It has been along time.

An I loved it, but I was disappointed in how there was no battle that stephanie had been building up to, with the Voltori. I really loved Renesmee, and the pro-life message, but I still don't get how she can biologically exist.

message 9: by Samira (new)

Samira | 7 comments me too

Cyndi (cyndilouwho323) Ok, I've said it in my reviews, but while Stephanie Meyer's style of writing is somewhat generic, I think the reason this story is so popular is because in some way, many girls are hoping to find their "Edward" per se. Breaking Dawn held a twist that I actually enjoyed. I thought it helped to make Edward and Bella's lives together complete. I have to say, I enjoyed every minute of the book.

Marisol | 18 comments i like all the twilight books but this one was my favorite of all.

message 12: by Missy (last edited Mar 14, 2012 07:21PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Missy (missy_aurora) Lets just say I hated it. The whole Jacob imprinting part (his part in the middle was very boring) No battle, Breaking the rule about Vampires can't have sex, Bella giving birth and the sex scene, wow I thought this series was mild, guess I was wrong. I do have to say that the only part I liked about it was after Bella becomes a vampire and goes hunting as well as her power and Nessies sadly this didn't last very long. (she finally stops whining!) I was to grossed out by Jacobs imprinting to really enjoy this part.

message 13: by Anna (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna | 300 comments There was no rule about 'Vampires can't have sex': Edward points out the others are at it all the time whereas he spends his nights learning to play the piano.

message 14: by Sara (new)

Sara Daniell (saradaniell) | 40 comments I loved all the books, this one not so much. It was GREAT but the end was a fail. I was anticipating a huge battle or something. It made me mad that they just "talked"....but it was good!

message 15: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Anna wrote: "There was no rule about 'Vampires can't have sex': Edward points out the others are at it all the time whereas he spends his nights learning to play the piano."

:P made me laugh!

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments I love Renesme soooooooo much!!! She is adorable :)

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} (lisbethavery) My favorite of the series, I love the vampire meeting. Renesmee is awesome.

message 18: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 46 comments I really thought it was the best of the series. Maybe because we get to see another's perspective for a while (Jacob's). Plus I'm a sucker for a happy ending and it made feel as if everything were wrapped up nicely and headed that way.

Bethany Wiggins | 10 comments Katlyn wrote: " I didn't think it measured up to the rest."

Agreed! I thought the ending was way too tame. The good vamps should have obliterated the bad vamps! Instead they came to an agreement and everyone walked away.

Also, I just watched the movie for the first time and was so disappointed! :(

Sarah This book was the perfect hot mess ending to a hot mess series.

In retrospect there are plenty of things I can (and do) make fun of and criticize, but ultimately I devoured the series and finished all four books in under 2 weeks, so Stephenie Meyer obviously got something right.

In this book you've got the whole baby thing, which is crazy for so many reasons. Then there's the big showdown with the Vulturi which ends up amounting to a big staredown and the Vulturi blink, instead of the epic battle we were thinking it would be. This book is all over the place, and yet I managed to care about the characters or story enough that I had to keep reading to find out what happened. Sometimes I just don't know what to think about it all.

Elena Dillon (elenadillon) | 9 comments Sarah wrote: "This book was the perfect hot mess ending to a hot mess series.

In retrospect there are plenty of things I can (and do) make fun of and criticize, but ultimately I devoured the series and finished..."

Sarah wrote: "This book was the perfect hot mess ending to a hot mess series.

In retrospect there are plenty of things I can (and do) make fun of and criticize, but ultimately I devoured the series and finished..."

You totally summed up how I felt and could not articulate! hahaha!

message 22: by Anna (last edited Apr 03, 2012 09:49AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna | 300 comments Agreed. I still have a soft spot for Twilight (and film 1). Very readable but ultimately limited. But then was it ever pretending to be anything other than a coming of age romantic fantasy?

Elena Dillon (elenadillon) | 9 comments Anna wrote: "Agreed. I still have a soft spot for Twilight (and film 1). Very readable but ultimately limited. But then was it ever pretending to be anything other than a coming of age romantic fantasy?"

So true. It's one of those things, I probably shouldn't love it and I can't figure out why I do! Probably why it has done so well. Having that quality that writers can't replicate but everyone loves.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments “Leah: "That is easily the freakin’ grossest thing I’ve ever heard in my life. Yuck. If there was anything in my stomach, it would be coming back."

Seth: "They are vampires, I guess. I mean, it makes sense, and if it helps Bella, it’s a good thing, right?"

Leah and Jake stare at Seth.

Seth: "What?"

Leah: "Mom dropped him a lot when he was a baby."

Jake: "On his head apparently."

Leah: "He used to gnaw on the crib bars, too."

Jake: "Lead paint?"

Leah: "Looks like it."

Seth: "Funny. Why don’t you two shut up and sleep?”

I <3 this bit..

Elena Dillon (elenadillon) | 9 comments Perfection wrote: "“Leah: "That is easily the freakin’ grossest thing I’ve ever heard in my life. Yuck. If there was anything in my stomach, it would be coming back."

Seth: "They are vampires, I guess. I mean, it m..."

A little comic relief! ;)

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Seth is pretty sweet actually...

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 92 comments This is my favorite book in the Twilight saga. In the previous books, Bella was such a weak character. She's like a supporter of female disempowerment. But in Breaking Dawn, she started to stand up for herself, because of Nessie. She started to show independence from Edward. Finally, her world does not revolve around a guy anymore. Suddenly, the book was not just another paranormal romance story. Breaking Dawn has depth that the other Twilight books lack--I think. And Bella's ability was cool. I just wished that the war with the Volturi actually happened. The story seemed wussy then, because the war didn't happen.

message 28: by Ela (last edited Apr 22, 2012 02:09AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Anna wrote: "Agreed. I still have a soft spot for Twilight (and film 1). Very readable but ultimately limited. But then was it ever pretending to be anything other than a coming of age romantic fantasy?"

Yeah totally agree. I loved it at the time even though in retrospect I look back and mock it!

message 29: by Anna (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna | 300 comments @Nicole: Agreed, I think Meyer has problems with confrontations. All of her fight scenes are weak.

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 92 comments Anna wrote: "@Nicole: Agreed, I think Meyer has problems with confrontations. All of her fight scenes are weak."

I really hope they'll modify that scene in the movie :(

Delaney Totally the most dissappointingest ending ever.

Cassie Elena wrote: "My least favorite of them all. Really hate the whole baby thing. Just my humble opinion of course."

I agree. In my opinion Meyer plagerized from a 1980's TV miniseries 'V' & 'V: the Final Battle' substituting vampires for reptilian aliens. In that series, a young human girl has relations w/an alien, gets pregnant, has a child. That child grows-up rapidly, is able to calm others through touch and telekinesis and is meant to bring peace between the humans and aliens. Sound a tad bit familiar?

Cassie Missy wrote: "Lets just say I hated it. The whole Jacob imprinting part (his part in the middle was very boring) No battle, Breaking the rule about Vampires can't have sex, Bella giving birth and the sex scene..."

I agree about the Jacob imprinting on Renesme. I'm a mother of 4 girls and that disturbed me immensely. Technically, isn't imprinting what pedifiles do? Grossed me out. Also, I guess Meyer didn't really want Bella to have to sacrifice one love for another since by 'imprinting' on her daughter (Eeww!) Jacob will be a part of Bella's life forever. So in a sense, Bella gets her cake and eats it too! Life is full of sacrifices but Meyer couldn't face Bella having to make them.

Cassie Anna wrote: "There was no rule about 'Vampires can't have sex': Edward points out the others are at it all the time whereas he spends his nights learning to play the piano."

True, it's the reproducing that had me stumped as well. If vampires are technically the living dead, then how could they reproduce when having 'relations' with a non-dead human? Puzzling when you really think about it. I don't think Meyer did.

Cassandra Giovanni | 331 comments Message 37 about the vampires reproducing. I agreed on this point until I was browsing Meyer's website. She actually thought this whole part out and has a full explanation of how it could happen. I wish this had been in the book. It was a long time ago that I found this, but I believe it was listed under breaking dawn on her official website.

Cassandra Giovanni | 331 comments I found the page where Meyer explains the conundrum of vampires and pregnancy, as well as some other 'hot topics' of breaking dawn. I'm going to put the link here (I hope that's okay to do?)
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/bd_faq....
Scroll down a bit and you will see the pregnancy and vampires question. It still seems implausible to me though!

message 37: by Rebekkah (new)

Rebekkah Ford | 50 comments I agree with Cassie, the whole imprinting thing was gross. I think Meyer could have came up with a better solution to the whole Jacob and Bella dilemma.

Cassandra Giovanni | 331 comments Yes, imprinting has a real creep factor that I couldn't get past.

♥Kel (kelsimai) | 94 comments really? i thot it was ok not bad :) like i kinda glad tht jacob imprinted nd found a person :) he's not lonely anymore.

message 40: by Nicole D. (last edited Jul 04, 2012 11:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 196 comments At first I thought that it was a little freaky but now the imprinting thing doesn't bug me.It is a fantasy novel and it's not like Jacob thinks of her in that way.He just wants her to be happy and safe and be able to spend time with her.

message 41: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela I just couldn't stop laughing when Jacob imprinted it was so ridiculous!

Grace  | 2 comments I like twilight Alot but I thought this one was a disappointment

Phoebe. (loveplease) | 51 comments Gigi wrote: "I like twilight Alot but I thought this one was a disappointment"

how come?

Jamile (jamilemsilva) | 47 comments i gotta say that i have many mixed views about this book. i loved how bella became a vampire, started standing up for herself, lost the attachment to jacob, that was probably hurting edward way more then he let on, and was all powerful. but what i really hated, actually HATE (and it's been months since i read it) was how Jacob imprinted on Nessie! it was SO wrong in SO many ways! in the movie they show y i hated it perfectly! he just looks at Nessie and see all the things he did with Bella but with Nessie. I was like ".......... did he just imagine that everything he did with Bella was with Nessie?" how wrong is that?! and what happens when Nessie grows up and finds out that Jacob was in love with her MOM and even kissed her? how is she gonna view THAT? it just came out so wrong and so blehkjhfgkjasdhgkjshgka. it's as if he just randomly transferred his love for Bella to Nessie because they have the same "chocolate eyes"... DA FRIk
it's so aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i totally get it when Bella finds out and tries to kill him, heck, i was even cheering her on! aiai, and that makes me so sad 'cause i use to love jacob but know he just infuriates me so much!
*sigh*
otherwise, i liked the book but this part makes me so angry that it made me rethink about that.

Phoebe. (loveplease) | 51 comments Jamile wrote: "i gotta say that i have many mixed views about this book. i loved how bella became a vampire, started standing up for herself, lost the attachment to jacob, that was probably hurting edward way mor..."

I don't blame him :) I mean, he can't help mysterious werewolf moho XD. I'm sure the movie makes it seem worse than it is, though it is a little out there...

Cassandra Giovanni | 331 comments "and what happens when Nessie grows up and finds out that Jacob was in love with her MOM and even kissed her? how is she gonna view THAT? it just came out so wrong and so blehkjhfgkjasdhgkjshgka. it's as if he just randomly transferred his love for Bella to Nessie because they have the same "chocolate eyes""

Oh, goodness I never thought of that before. That is going to be an interesting conversation. Oh, by the way I loved your Mom, but she didn't love me...so now I love you?

Grace  | 2 comments Phoebe wrote: "Gigi wrote: "I like twilight Alot but I thought this one was a disappointment"

how come?"

I really got bored during it and I was soo excited for it to be really action packed but it wasn't :(

message 48: by Macy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Macy France (chevalfly) | 2 comments Ela wrote: "I just couldn't stop laughing when Jacob imprinted it was so ridiculous!"
Me too i laughed and my mom thought it was sweet.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments "i loved how bella became a vampire, started standing up for herself, lost the attachment to jacob, that was probably hurting edward way more then he let on, and was all powerful."

Yeah that's part of the reason I've read this 1 more than once I'll admit. She finally became a worthwhile character.

"and what happens when Nessie grows up and finds out that Jacob was in love with her MOM and even kissed her?"

Lol I loved Cassandra's comment on this. I agree.

message 50: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: ""i loved how bella became a vampire, started standing up for herself, lost the attachment to jacob, that was probably hurting edward way more then he let on, and was all powerful."

Yeah that's par..."

Lol! that's gonna be a akward conversation :)

« previous 1