Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > Sending Books to Kindle Fire (RESOLVED)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (last edited Mar 03, 2012 07:44AM) (new)

Christina (obsessivedrmer) | 4 comments Hi there. I recently purchased a Kindle Fire so I'm still learning the finer points of the device, so please forgive my ignorance.

I receive books for review from authors and publishers in exchange for reviews. Recently, I requested an author send their book via my Kindle address. What I hadn't thought of before hand was that you need to add the e-mail address of the sender or you won't receive anything. It seemed like unnecessary work... I'm thinking it would be easier to request books being sent via my regular e-mail in Kindle format then transfer them to my Kindle Fire via usb.

In light of finding a better method, I was curious as to the method others use when requesting books be sent to them.

message 2: by Kipp (new)

Kipp Poe (kippoe) | 4 comments I just have the authors send it to my normal email address then I forward it from that address that is an approved address on my account to my Kindle email account. Then in minutes it appears on my Kindle Fire and in my achieves to send to any other Kindle I want

message 3: by Steven (new)

Steven Stickler | 10 comments Agree with Kipp. I do a lot of sending/receiving and have found sending through normal email as a mobi or pdf to be easiest.

The author can also choose to send it to your email as a gift through Amazon, though there is an expense (for the author) involved.

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina (obsessivedrmer) | 4 comments Thank you all for your feedback. I really appreciate the insight! I've found that having books sent to my personal e-mail then forward to my Kindle address has been the easiest option for me.