Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > 1st Traditionally Published Novel in Progress

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alpha (new)

Alpha (janomega) | 17 comments Hello Making Connections Group Members! Last week, my MSS was accepted. I am extremely excited that my third book will be traditionally published instead of self-published...though I have no issues with self-publishing whatsoever. I'm just so busy now that I need the organization and connections traditional publishing provides.

Anyways, the title of my new book is Hierarchy and it is about a demon slayer named Johnalyn Divine. As a veteran in her hobby, she knows the signs, attributes, and habits of all demons including vampires, zombies, werewolves, and many others. One rule stands out though: no different group of demons work together.

Despite the fact demon slaying is fulfilling, it doesn't pay so by day, she's a police detective. When on site of a crime scene, something about the body stands out that violates the rule that stands out. The victim shows signs of being attacked by different demons. Johnalyn must now figure out why the demons are working together and if it is a sign of bad things to come.

The novel is a paranormal thriller but will constantly reference the Holy Bible for the beta-read. Later on, the Satanic Bible, Holy Koran, and Book of Enoch will be referenced too. As for the beta-read, it will only be the first five chapters of my book right now. I don't need editing fixes because my publishing house will provide it. However, I did edit the book for many of the issues that may come by so please forgive if I forget some. Sometimes, you create tunnel vision when you edit your own work.

If you're interested, send me a message here on Goodreads or at my personal email at the.alpha.jan@gmail.com

message 2: by Sitt (new)

Sitt  | 14 comments Hello, I am still new to proof reading but would like to help you free of charge of course, just for the experience. Just tell me what is needed from me and I will get back to you asap in case you choose me.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephsBookRetreat) | 33 comments are you looking for feedback on the first 5 chapters? Or proofing?

message 4: by Alpha (new)

Alpha (janomega) | 17 comments Sitt wrote: "Hello, I am still new to proof reading but would like to help you free of charge of course, just for the experience. Just tell me what is needed from me and I will get back to you asap in case you ..."

This is an MSS so it is rough though I did some proofing already. However, whenever anyone writes, they develop tunnel vision so I may have missed stuff.

All I would like is personal input on the first five chapters. If there are any errors you come across, feel free to proofread. All I need is an email so I can send you the PDF.

Stephanie wrote: "are you looking for feedback on the first 5 chapters? Or proofing?"

Mostly feedback because my publisher will provide proofing. However, if you come across any errors, feel free to proofread if you'd like.