UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Past Group Book Discussions > A Cleansing of Souls - Stuart Ayris

Comments Showing 1-50 of 148 (148 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments A Cleansing of Souls - Stuart Ayris

How are you getting on?

I am sure we will hear from Emma about this book and who knows, the author might even be around these parts to join in.

No spoilers here please - discussions and spoilers in two weeks.

A Cleansing of Souls - Stuart Ayris

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Cool. I'm almost done this one. It's really good.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments It is, isn't it Patti? I found it very emotional and have decided that everyone needs to read a Stuart Ayris book!!! This is my way of getting it to a few more people :-)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I have it on my TBR - it will have to join the queue though.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Great choice Emma. I completely agree with you.

message 6: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25062 comments I can see this is going to be a popular choice - deservedly so too.

message 7: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments Wow! Thank you Simon! Didn't expect that!! And thank you all you kind people for your wonderful support!

message 8: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments Thank you so much Emma! You more than rock - you roll too! So in terms of this discussion feel free to ask me absolutely anything - don't be shy!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I've just bought the book.

:0)

message 10: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments Thank you Karen! Really kind of you!

message 11: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments I just wanted to say that I took the decision yesterday to put the price of A Cleansing of Souls back to the normal £1.53. It takes ages to go through but should be changed by the end of the day. So, two things:

1. Please don't think I raised the price as a response to the book being chosen.
2. Get it in the next few hours for the cheaper price!!

Cheers!!!
Stu

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Stuart wrote: "Thank you so much Emma! You more than rock - you roll too! So in terms of this discussion feel free to ask me absolutely anything - don't be shy!"

Teehee! I do roll but only cos of the be lunch I had!! :-)

message 13: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments You can't beat a be lunch!!

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Doh! Obviously I meant big!!! The typo disease is catching :-)

message 15: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments I though it stood for Big Essex!

message 16: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Thanks for that tip Stuart I just bought it :o)

message 17: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments My pleasure! Thank you Jud!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Finished it just now. Amazing. Beautiful. Wonderful.

I cried.

message 19: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25062 comments Isn't it brilliant Patti? The lad's got talent!

message 20: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments Thank you so much Patti! I am gradually gaining confidence in the book. I wrote most of it when I was 22 and the last few chapters when I was 25 - then revised it a couple of weeks back - so it's been a long time in coming I guess! I'm so pleased you liked it! Please tell me they were happy tears?!

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Patti (Mango Mad) wrote: "Finished it just now. Amazing. Beautiful. Wonderful.

I cried."

I cried too!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Deeply fulfilled tears, Stuart.

Oh my.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Aw jeez. Stuart thank you so much. I'm afraid I'm going to need a bit of time before I can write a review.

Just wow.

message 24: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments There's all the time in the world mate! Cheers so much for reading it. Really appreciate it!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh pluleeze. Thank you so much for writing it and giving it to the world to read!

It hurts knowing it languished for so many years!

Ignite, love? Can I borrow some superlatives, please?

message 26: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments Things happen at the right time I guess. Here's hoping my next one is as good!!

message 27: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments or as well received I mean!

message 28: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25062 comments Emotive, searing, inspiring, mature, unforgettable wise ...
any good? Because they are true!

message 29: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Stu! You (and Ian for that matter) do not know how good you are! There are not many books who can have this affect on so many people xx

message 30: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments I honestly believe the books are really good - just didn't think so many other people would agree!! I'm going to have a big drink tonight and write the pivotal part of The Bird That Nobody Sees - here's hoping I wake up tomorrow, read it and say "Brilliant!"

message 31: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25062 comments .. as against 'who wrote this stuff?' - Always trust Ignite to bring you back to earth!

message 32: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments When you live in the clouds the earth is a long way to fall - and when you exist in Tollesbury time floating is always an option! ; )

message 33: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25062 comments A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
Kipling.
What weere we talking about?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Ignite wrote: "Emotive, searing, inspiring, mature, unforgettable wise ...
any good? Because they are true!"

Those are perfect. I'm sure we could think of more as well.

I can't wait for the spoiler thread!

I pity the book I choose next. :(

message 35: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments I finished this book a week ago and also cried at the end. Looking forward to the discussions.
Great choice Emma!

message 36: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments Perhaps I should rename it A Kleenex of Souls!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Lmao!

message 38: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments HeHeHe!

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Stuart wrote: "Perhaps I should rename it A Kleenex of Souls!"

Lol!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

You're whetting my appetite guys! It's my next read after I've finished my current one.

:0)

message 41: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments Excellent!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments All this talk of tears has made me think we may be putting the guys in the group off reading it.

Guys please don't be put off at all! It's not a girly book by any stretch.

A great work of literary fiction is an apt description, I think.

message 43: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments Definitely not girly!! Not sure how to describe it, but girly it's not! I like to think that it's uplifting!

message 44: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments To give some background to how A Cleansing of Souls came about I have re-published an earlier article to my blog!

http://tollesburytimeforever.blogspot...

message 45: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25062 comments It's actually about 2 men. One a late teen and going through the angst stage and one a middle aged man. Both are carrying baggage. It's not in the least girly. It's a thought provoking and quite intense work that will make everyone think.

message 46: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Mar 02, 2012 12:40PM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Thanks for that ignite. I will probably relate to it as I am a teen going through the angst phase ;)

message 47: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25062 comments Yeah. Is it cheese at bedtime makes you dream these things?

message 48: by Kate (new)

Kate (littlekate1) | 574 comments I'm about halfway through Tollesbury time and am absolutely loving it. The writing style is wonderful and the way Stuart just seems to churn out beautifully visual, evocative and (ahhh words escape me) phrasing is very impressive; I've even been using my highlighter on parts. Pretty sure this will be my choice this month :)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Hmm, I have some pate. Thanks ignite, fancy popping round for supper?

message 50: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25062 comments If you were a little nearer Simon, I'd be in there like a rat up a pump. It's the way I tell 'em eh?

« previous 1 3