☀Ignite Your Creativity☀ discussion

Archives > March Read ~ The Hunger Games: Discussion

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Mar 02, 2012 03:37AM) (new)

Sarah Here, for all of you who are reading the monthly read, The Hunger Games. State here if you are reading it, and discuss it. Points will be added to those members who are reading it and taking part in discussions.

Eternal Werecat | 141 comments I'm currently reading at the suggestion of my younger sister, enjoying it so far.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Would you like to sign up for points? And what do you think of it so far? (:

Eternal Werecat | 141 comments What are the points?

I am enjoying it so far, I kinda like that world where society as we know it os gone and there is a new one replacing it, kinda like the realm the The Uglies Trilogy (Uglies, #1-3) by Scott Westerfeld is from.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Read the information in the points folder, it'll tell you everything :)

Yeah. I have read the first two and now I'm currently reading the last one. I like it a lot.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading it!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Okidoke:) cool :D

Eternal Werecat | 141 comments So, based on the descriptions provided of the amenities, would you want to live in the Capitol?

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah No, I would hate to live in the Capitol or any part of Panem. It's so bloodthirsty and cruel.
You?

message 10: by Eternal Werecat (new)

Eternal Werecat | 141 comments If I could take all the good parts, the instant food, that awesome shower, etc and relocate it somewhere else I would. And take Cinna to design my clothes.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yeah :) Aww, I love Cinna :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Cinna is the best!!!

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) Cinna is AWESOME!! I think it would be kind of cool for there to be a real Hunger Games.. except not as much killing and you can opt. out of playing in it.

O! Yeah I would totally have Cinna design my clothes!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL!!!! Opt. out of playing it xD

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) Yeah me too, but some people would want to play it.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah It could be like... You don't kill people, you just .. trap them? lol.

message 18: by Eternal Werecat (new)

Eternal Werecat | 141 comments I just got to the part about Rue and I wanted to cry. :'-(

message 19: by ~❤Rikka❤~ *living is just a symptom of dying* (last edited Mar 04, 2012 12:11AM) (new)

~❤Rikka❤~ *living is just a symptom of dying* | 122 comments I hate everyone in the book except Rue, Cinna and maybe Haymitch

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I don't really like Katniss very much. And I cried loads when Rue died :(

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too! :( I think quite a few people cried at that part

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) I think everyone did!! I was so sad!!

message 23: by Riley (new)

Riley Boese (rydog8) | 18 comments I finished this book a while ago! It was super good! I usually don't like reading the books that everyone is talking about and are really popular. However, I gave in and read this one and it was well worth my time. Enjoy it everyone! :D

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 10, 2012 04:53PM) (new)

Or else!!!!

Just kidding :P (view spoiler)

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) hahahaha!! Thats funny Ally!!

No its not!! (view spoiler)

message 27: by Mai (new)

Mai | 298 comments EEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!!!! I finally found The Hunger Games at the bookstore and I bought it! Next trip there I am getting Mockingjay and Passion(Fallen 3#)! Maybe even Catching Fire. Speaking of the Fallen series, I finished the first one today! I loved it! Awesome book btw. And I bought the second one, Torment.

message 28: by Tim (last edited Mar 19, 2012 08:59PM) (new)

Tim (zallafar) | 5 comments Mai~KONY 2012 wrote: "EEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!!!! I finally found The Hunger Games at the bookstore and I bought it! Next trip there I am getting Mockingjay and Passion(Fallen 3#)! Maybe even Catching Fire. Speaking of the Fal..."

You'll want to read Catching Fire before reading Mockingjay.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yep. Catching fire is the second one. (:

message 30: by Mai (new)

Mai | 298 comments Yeah I discovered that but thank you anyways!! :D

OHMIGOD!! I love it!!!!<3<3<3<3

message 31: by Eternal Werecat (new)

Eternal Werecat | 141 comments So who went and saw the movie? My boyfriend took me to the IMAX viewing and is was AMAZING. Even he liked it. So sad that my theater didn't show the Breaking Dawn Part 2 trailer as promised though. Boo to them.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Lol (: I saw the movie last night... I cried at Rue's part and it sorta made me prefer Gale... But it was so amazing <3333

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) I really want to gosee it. My dad might take me today.

message 35: by Mai (new)

Mai | 298 comments It still hasn't come out where I live which is for the better I guess because I still haven't finished the book but I am dying to see the movie!!!!!

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah IT'S AMAZING.. <3333

message 37: by Mai (new)

Mai | 298 comments I bet on my live it is!! I AM DYING TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DYING!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think of the cast?

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I think the cast is perfect, actually... I think it sorta made me like Gale a little more though because he's hotter ;)