Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
This topic is about The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games (Movie) > What do you think of Josh Hutcherson as Peeta?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

silver wombat | 7 comments I think he is good but am going to fully judge him after i see the movie...he is short!! tell me what u think of him:)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

No offence I don't like his face... that kind of sounds mean, I just don't think he really fits Peeta, but I haven't seen the movie yet, so I'm not the one to judge, I'm sure he'll be just fine....

silver wombat | 7 comments his face is really square!at first i was really angry he is peeta but i am growing to like him

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL!

esthermarie | 8 comments Probably becasue Peeta is blond?!

He's not like how I pictured him, but from what i've seen of the trailers, he acts like him so I think it'll be all good. Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!

Kati (woodkati6) I LOVE him as Peeta. I think Josh is absolutely the perfect person to play him :D

message 7: by Vixen (last edited Mar 02, 2012 04:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vixen (thesilentfox) | 6 comments I really am a fan of Josh Hutcherson. And like probably most of the people responding to this thread I too have had a mad crush on the guy. Lol. Love all his movies even the questionable move The Kids Are All Right (not a movie to watch with younger siblings O_O)

Anyways...

I am HOPING that he does a good job at playing Peeta. I do think he'll be able to do well. I think he can pull off the slightly sensitive type but yet that fight for survival that the Peeta in the book seems to give off. He's shown that in the movies he's in.

Zohal | 8 comments AWESOME !!! he is totally good for peeta in my opinion

April (polaroidsandpicturebooks) | 1 comments Josh is the perfect Peeta. He acts and looks exactly how I imagined Peeta in the books. I admit that I have had a crush on him for years, however even if I didn't he would still be amazing in the role. The movie was amazing!

Debora Araujo | 3 comments He is just perfect. Just like in that scene in the cave in wich he shows so much emotion and love just through his eyes, I just adore him !

message 11: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah | 2 comments Melissa wrote: "I thought he was a really good Peeta. He played him really well and captured all of his emotions. I loved the movie!"

he was perfect for Peeta :) his hair looked sexy pushed back :)

Swiftsea | 2 comments Didn't think much of him at the beginning but after the film, I thought the role fit him. :)
Can't image him standing beside Jennifer Lawrence and doing proper, actual love scenes though. :O Oh my. Imagine the kids...

Mairead | 275 comments Once they cut his hair...whoa, yummy!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

so bad! He made Peeta look ignorant and not at all what Peeta is like!

message 15: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah | 3 comments To me, Josh is the embodiment of Peeta's character from the book. There were so many moments in the movie where I thought to myself - yep, that's Peeta. One moment that comes to mind is when he first catches sight of the Capitol and starts waving/smiling at the crowd.

message 16: by Hope (last edited Mar 25, 2012 10:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hope (heyhopeful) | 35 comments I think...you know, sometimes in the books I thought Peeta was portrayed too much as a cheesy wimp (I ADORED him though), and so sometimes in the movie I'm going to feel the same way. And if the movie Peeta can make me feel like the book Peeta did at all, then I say Josh did an excellent job. There were times when Josh would get this really kind, adorable look in his eyes and just melted my heart. That is what Peeta does. So for as little screentime as he had--and as few actual lines--I think he did very well.
I just want MORE of him in the next installments!

My only thing is, I think they'll need to put lifts in his shoes or something for the other films. He needs to look taller than Jen. :P

But yeah, I think pretty much all the acting was stellar. I was a little disappointed with the overall feel and filming, but yeah...the book is always better. :)

message 17: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela I thought he was great as Peeta, really convincing :)

*Secret*Fatty* (youknownothingjonsnow) | 6 comments Michelle wrote: "so bad! He made Peeta look ignorant and not at all what Peeta is like!"

SOOOO AGREE!!! But it looks like we're the only ones who think so :O
Now the big question, how did you feel about Jenifer Lawrence as Katniss?!

Annie (AnnieK08) | 3 comments He was awesome as Peeta!

Austin (spartan349) | 1 comments his head is like a cube...

message 21: by Emi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emi | 4 comments Austin wrote: "his head is like a cube..."
i agree ...

message 22: by Kati (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kati (woodkati6) I really love Josh as Peeta. I've actually really liked Josh Hutcherson for a long time and when I heard he was gonna play Peeta I thhought he was the perfect choice. From what I've seen I feel like his whole persona is so much like Peeta.

message 23: by esthermarie (last edited Mar 25, 2012 05:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

esthermarie | 8 comments Yeah, I just watch it two nights ago, and he was perfect! He didn't look like how imagined, but he DEFINITELY acted like how I imagined!
I loved him!:D

message 24: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma iv loved josh since bridge to teribithia. when i first heard that jish was peeta i was like, ohhhhh two of my favorite things in one amazing thing...... doin the napoleon dynomite thing YESSSSSS

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) He's not how I pictured him, and his eyes aren't blue like Peeta's (Dang) but he did a really good job! He really grows on you too! And he was super cute during the interviews. Idk why he stuck out to me in that one part, but he did!

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) *Secret*Fatty* wrote: "Michelle wrote: "so bad! He made Peeta look ignorant and not at all what Peeta is like!"

SOOOO AGREE!!! But it looks like we're the only ones who think so :O
Now the big question, how did you fee..."

She did great at Katniss! I've never seen an actor/actress portray fear or pain as well as she did! Do you know what I mean?

Andra (andrajl) | 1 comments I wasn't sure at first, when I heard they had casted Josh Hutcherson as Peeta, but once the movie began, I was convinced he was the perfect choice! Great actor. I sort of fell in love with the character all over again.

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 15 comments I think Josh was perfectly cast. He really has the charm and good guy-feel that Peeta needs to have, plus he has a lot of talent. And he's quite good-looking. As for the height thing, I don't mind it--I actually think Jennifer is a bit too tall to play Katniss instead of him being too short. (Hollywood needs to be a little more aware of casting actresses who are taller than their leading men--women are supposed to be shorter than men!--but that's a separate issue!) But no one can help their height and it wasn't that noticable in the film. Plus, when he can throw a 100-pound weight across the room, who cares? :)

Ellie (Milothedog) | 13 comments Rachel wrote: "I think Josh was perfectly cast. He really has the charm and good guy-feel that Peeta needs to have, plus he has a lot of talent. And he's quite good-looking. As for the height thing, I don't mind ..."

Well idk if the weight was exactly 100 lbs in real life...but I do think he has the right boyish and charming look.

message 30: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 8 comments I LOVE that he is Peeta. perfect perfect perfect.
Josh is so adorable and a really good actor. has the good vulnerability/caring quality as Peeta does in the books. and its okay that hes not completely HOT hes still cute and amazing:)

Michaela | 2 comments When I first saw the trailer the sound was off and I thought Liam was peeta and josh was gale.. Idk that's just how I pictured them. Liam looks exactly like how I pictured peeta

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) | 267 comments I think he was an awesome Peeta, really good with the character. I just wish they had found a way to make him appear taller and Jannifer a lot shorter.

XHoney_Hutcherson_Candy (Honeycandy) | 25 comments BEST PEETA EVER MAN LOVE YOU JONH x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Madeleine | 10 comments I think movie Peeta was great and HOT!!!!!!!:)=):)

message 35: by Eva (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eva I don't like JH as Peeta, he's short n' skinny, not like I pictured him at all.

Swiftsea | 2 comments I can't imagine anyone else who could have been in the role. I think they did a great job with him, especially in getting him to gain 19 pounds for the film. I just somehow did not imagine Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. However, after a while, you just get used to it.

message 37: by Juli (new)

Juli | 7 comments Josh made a great Peeta. Who cares if he's short- where in the books does it specify that he isn't? He did an amazing job of portraying the emotions and delivering highly-anticipated lines from the book. His pretty face was just an added bonus ;)

message 38: by April*procrastinator and proud* (last edited Apr 29, 2012 01:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) | 267 comments Juli wrote: "Josh made a great Peeta. Who cares if he's short- where in the books does it specify that he isn't? He did an amazing job of portraying the emotions and delivering highly-anticipated lines from the..."

Yeah, it says he's average height, which is about 5`10``

Fotsoft | 6 comments At first I didn't like him at all, he wasn't like I imagined him, but I've grown to like him and he did a great job! I'm really exctied about the next movie!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

He was Amazing! I loved him playing peeta he was so good at it! Cannot wait till Catching Fire!!!

spazchild14 | 3 comments he was a-ma-zing!! I loved him! Catching Fire can't come soon enough!

Tihitina (tihitinareads) | 8 comments When he was in the movie Journey to the Mysterious Island, i didn't like him. but then when I saw The Hunger Games movie i started getting used to him. In the end he ended up being pretty good and i don't think anyone else would have played Peeta as well as him!

message 43: by Justece (last edited May 08, 2012 08:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Justece (inlovewithdance) | 410 comments I think he is totally hawt!!! I didn't imagine Peeta to look like that... But really, to be honest, I don't really imagine the look of the characters in my books.
Besides the look, I thought Josh was the perfect actor for Peeta's character. He played Peeta really well-his personality was very similar to Peeta's in the book.

CATCHING FIRE CAN NOT COME OUT SOON ENOUGH!!!!!!!! I AM DYING TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

message 44: by Allie (last edited Jun 20, 2012 08:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Allie  | 3 comments I think he has a really square head(no offense to anyone) but he is a great actor.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (taggerung) | 197 comments Wow is all I have to say. I think he had Peeta down to the T. He really portrayed him the way Peeta is described pefectly. He looks just perfect for Peeta too. I happen to have a guy friend who wrestles and he's 5'8". Wrestling doesn't mean your taller than average or not short, you have that confused with basketball stars lol.

Salina Labrada | 2 comments Yeah, I like quite a few other people, had an issue with his face. I thought he looked weird. A little bit into the movie thought I didn't even notice anymore.

Bethany Mcelroy (bethanymcelroy) | 3 comments At first I was like really!!! But now I'm so happy that he was the one wio plays PEETA he's so cute and he's overall a good actor!!!!

Elisabet (elisabetp_) I still had my own Peeta in mind when I finished reading the books. Josh was nowhere, even he's quite cute..

Hannah | 60 comments To be honest, I really liked peetas character in the books but in the movie he was totally not what I was expecting. He was supposed to be muscular and cute and josh was neither.

Hannah Parker I imagined him to be bigger/hefty. he was too small so when he threw that weight during the training session it didn't look right. He didn't look big or strong enough to even lift the thing.

« previous 1