Revenge of the Sith (Star Wars: Novelizations, #3) Revenge of the Sith discussion

Did anyone else think this book was AMAZING?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jewel Michaela wrote: "Best star wars book ever! (well... I also loved the Darth Bane Trilogy, but ok lol). I thought, especially for a book based on a movie (that's hard to type, it's so unusual lol), that it was crazy ..."

I absolutely loved it! It's one of my favorite books. I love Matthew Stover's writing style. He did an amazing job of getting you into each character's head, helping you see what they saw and feel the way they did during the many life-changing events. Like the moment Count Dooku realized he'd been played and his life was over. And Padme's feelings as she watches Anakin and waits for him, then her joy and anguish as she breaks the news to her husband that she is pregnant.
For me, the two most heartbreaking moments in the book were when Padme truly realized that Anakin was going dark, and when Anakin awakened as Darth Vader and became aware that in trying to save Padme, he helped to kill her. He painfully realized he was left with nothing and his reason for living was gone. Those two things stayed with me long after I finished the book.

David One of the better Star Wars books, yes.

Best ever? No: of the one's I've read, that would have to go to one of Timothy Zahn's 'Heir to the Empire' novels.

This is still very good, though.

message 3: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim I wouldn't place this among the best of the star wars novels but it was enjoyable. One of the aspects I really liked was the opening battle between Count Dooku and Obi-Wan/Anakin. It was pretty cool to get the insight into the battle from his perspective. The movie didn't do the battle justice once you've read how Dooku interprets it.

I'm actually in the process of re-reading the New Jedi Order series and just finished the second book.

Jewel Michaela wrote: "Yeah, I loved the whole battle sequence at the beginning - I actually understood what was going on lol :D Sometimes the movies don't really explain it. And Dooku's death was crazy, too.

I haven't..."

Yeah, all the questions just boggle the mind:-)
That one is on my books to buy list.

message 5: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim Michaela wrote: "Yeah, I loved the whole battle sequence at the beginning - I actually understood what was going on lol :D Sometimes the movies don't really explain it. And Dooku's death was crazy, too.

I haven't..."

I read Darth Plagueis last month. You will get the answers to all your questions, from a certain point of view.

Whitney This was my favourite Star Wars book. I loved how the author really described how Anakin felt.

Graham Why couldn't the actual movie have been as well written and thought provoking as this? lol

Taggerung I thought this book was fantastic! It really gets into the heads of the characters, reveals the politics, and adds so much depth to the story. Very thought provoking. I've read it multiple times it is just that good!

Maegen I agree, this book was amazing and perfectly complemented the film. The scenes and writing were very powerful, and the characters were fantastically done(especially Obi-Wan and Anakin). I always understood why Anakin went to the darkside but after reading this book I completely get it even though I totally disagree with what he does. It is definitely one of my favorite Star Wars books :)

Maegen Michaela wrote: "Maegen wrote: "I agree, this book was amazing and perfectly complemented the film. The scenes and writing were very powerful, and the characters were fantastically done(especially Obi-Wan and Anaki..."

Definitely! :) I love stories like that :)

Brett Michaela wrote: "Best star wars book ever! (well... I also loved the Darth Bane Trilogy, but ok lol). I thought, especially for a book based on a movie (that's hard to type, it's so unusual lol), that it was crazy ..."
I read this book the week it came out, just prior to the movie release. The book helped give me a leg up on so many things that the movie glossed over and actually made me really disappointed with the movie itself, seeing the potential that it could have been.

Brett James wrote: "I wouldn't place this among the best of the star wars novels but it was enjoyable. One of the aspects I really liked was the opening battle between Count Dooku and Obi-Wan/Anakin. It was pretty c..."

That opening duel in the movie seemed way to short compared to how it was written. Another one of those moments that left me shaking my head while watching it on the screen.

Claire This book is absolutely magnificent. Not only is it a superb adaptation (and a major improvement on the film), it's a beautifully written and well-realized novel in its own right.

My favorite part will always be the scene when Vader first wakes up. Matthew Stover turned what was an unintentionally hilarious scene (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) into one of the most powerful pieces of prose poetry I've ever read.

message 14: by Pete (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pete AWESOME! Better than the movie! It affected my emotionally more than the film.

message 15: by Pete (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pete Michaela wrote: "Best star wars book ever! (well... I also loved the Darth Bane Trilogy, but ok lol). I thought, especially for a book based on a movie (that's hard to type, it's so unusual lol), that it was crazy ..."
true

message 16: by Sean (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sean Haughton Definitely a good book, but I felt at times that the dialogue didn't really capture the respective characters. Vader & Palpatine were well presented but I found it difficult to imagine them uttering the dialogue in the book.

I loved the little cameo at the end.

Linsey-Em I haven't read this book in years. it was definitely a great read and It certainly gave us an insight on what was going on in Anakin's head during certain scenarios. is it the best Star Wars book ever? well I think that topic is certainly up for debate as there are so many such as the thrawn trilogy, but I do believe it is one of the best adapted novels of the movie