Children's Books discussion

Themes, Topics & Categories > Choose Your Own Adventure

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shay (last edited Mar 01, 2012 04:34PM) (new)

Shay (shaylyn318) I remember loving these books as a child. I can't remember any specific authors though. Now that my daughter is older I am wanting her to read some of these books so now I am looking for suggestions of good ones. She is 7 1/2.

message 2: by Shay (last edited Mar 02, 2012 10:52AM) (new)

Shay (shaylyn318) We just got one of those from the library a couple days ago. Westward Expansion: An Interactive History Adventure It was really windy that day and a powerline fell down and the library was out of power when we showed up. So the librarian couldn't search for them and this one was the only one she knew about. The Ancient Egypt one sounds good. I will see if our library has that one.

message 3: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Kathryn | 5657 comments Mod
Shay, I looooved the Choose Your Own Adventure books as a kid! They really got me hooked on reading on my own. I really can't speak for how "good" they are, literature-wise, but I think my favorite was
Journey Under the Sea by R. A. Montgomery.

I'm sure you can find a lot of the original editions used, but they have also reissued some i.e., a Montgomery boxed set:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1933...

Edward Packard also did a number of the books.

Hope your daughter enjoys these and that you have fun with all the nostalgia :-)

message 4: by Shay (new)

Shay (shaylyn318) As long as she is reading it then it's good IMO. LOL I just handed her an Ivy and Bean book and she finished it the very next day. THAT is a good book. haha. Thanks everyone. Abigail, I will check that out. :)

message 5: by Dolly (new)

Dolly (dollymart) | 252 comments I loved choose-your-own-adventure books when I was a child. I was thrilled when our oldest started bringing these books home from her elementary school library. So far we've read The Attack on Pearl Harbor, Ancient Egypt: An Interactive History Adventure, and Life As A Knight: An Interactive History Adventure. We've enjoyed them all and I know that we'll be seeing more of these books soon.