Clean Romances discussion

Welcome!! > Jay Howard, introduction

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jay (last edited Mar 01, 2012 03:34PM) (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) Hello, and greetings from a small village in Somerset. I joined Goodreads a few days ago and this is only the 2nd group I have joined, so please bear with me as I fumble my way around initially.

I work full time in Bridgwater and sometimes feel I need another 24 hours in each day to fit everything in. I love to cook, gardening, golf, and, of course, reading. Now there is time on Goodreads too :)

I published my first novel, Never Too Late, in November 2011 and what an incredible experience that was. One of the best things to come out of it is discovering such a vibrant online community of like-minded people. I must admit that before November I had no inclination to get a FB account, or start a web site and blog, or to join any forums. I've been missing out!

I have a few questions about this group with reference to my book, as I don't want to annoy anyone. Never Too Late is a story of a family going through some major changes for each of them. It's not a straight romance between 2 central characters. The parents need to rediscover their love. The son and his wife have marital difficulties, but there is no explicit sex. The daughter is searching unsuccessfully for love and a meaningful direction in life. It's set in a village where the church is part of their lives, but it's not religious as such. There are the occasional expletives, but not out of context. There are 2 people who fall in love and get married, but their role does not develop fully until the sequel.

I guess what I'm saying is would someone like to review it on behalf of the group before I add it to your bookshelf?

Anyway, I'm very happy to join you as a reader of good stories :)

message 2: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Myrick (gingermyrick) | 143 comments Welcome, Jay. I know you'll love it here!

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Boucher (cheryllynnb) | 6 comments Hi Jay and welcome here. You will enjoy it here ~ I do very much. I haven't been here too long myself but I love it.

message 4: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 178 comments Jay wrote: "Hello, and greetings from a small village in Somerset. I joined Goodreads a few days ago and this is only the 2nd group I have joined, so please bear with me as I fumble my way around initially.

I..."

Welcome, Jay! I review books for my blog and would be glad to do one for you. I have a few scheduled, but I could post one in the middle of April, if you wouldn't mind waiting. Stop by my blog and check it out. http://www.jewelsbestgems.blogspot.com

message 5: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome, Jay! And thanks, Jewel, for offering to review Jay's book. If you think it meets our group criteria, feel free to add it to our bookshelf.

message 6: by Jay (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) Thanks everyone for the welcome, and the offer of a review Jewel. It's good to meet you all :)

Just one factor to consider - as I have self-published, most of my book sales are for Kindle. Unfortunately the paperback price is quite high as I am with CreateSpace, so they are printed in, and shipped from, the USA. If you prefer paperback I can send you a copy but it is one with a few typos left in. There aren't many - put it this way, two people noticed and told me, but when I asked them for details they said they were too caught up in the story to stop and note them down - but I'm a perfectionist and have uploaded a corrected file. If you want a 'perfect' copy I can get one to you from the US but it will take a few weeks to arrive. If you want the Kindle version I can arrange a voucher for you to get it immediately.

'Perfect' eh - don't I wish I could achieve that standard in any part of my life lol!