Addicted to YA discussion

Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)
This topic is about Fire
Series > Fire

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments What did everyone think about the sequel to Graceling? I haven't started it yet, but I hope to read it over spring break... I'm disappointed that they aren't the same characters as Graceling, though. I'm still excited to read it.

message 2: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5279 comments Mod
I ordered Fire yesterday and it should be coming any day now! Can't wait to start it!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I read the prologue of it. It's so good

message 4: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

I hope its as good as Graceling because that was amazing!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I know! I loved graceleng!

message 6: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne wrote: "I know! I loved graceleng!"

Graceling was AMAZING! My Fire book should be coming any day now...the wait is killing me

Nila | 139 comments This one, personally, was my favorite. I love Graceling too, but this one, to me, was a little better. Graceling had a lot more action though. But I love this story.

message 8: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

My Fire book just came in the mail! Time to start reading

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Yay!! I am planning on reading it soon, too!!

Emily Eastman | 12 comments I loved this book! I'm so excited for Bitterblue!

message 11: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments I loved Graceling better!! Poe and Katsa I just love better than Fire and Brigan! Oh well I still loved this book and I liked the King Leck's backstory, it was interesting to see how his life started. I wonder if we'll see Fire and Brigan in Bitterblue. :)

message 12: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Noor wrote: "I loved Graceling better!! Poe and Katsa I just love better than Fire and Brigan! Oh well I still loved this book and I liked the King Leck's backstory, it was interesting to see how his life start..."

I hope we see them I loved them!

message 13: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments :D don't get me wrong, I love Fire and Brigan just not as much as I love Poe and Katsa! :) -I kept flicking through pages just to see how much longer until Brigan showed up! :)

message 14: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Well this is awkward I've been spelling Po wrong... :) I mean I read these a while back so...

message 15: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy Fire and Brigan were cute together! I loved this book but I agree that Graceling was better. Thanks to the prolouge I understand Leck better now >:) Can't wait for bitterblue

Kal G So good! Amazing book even if it wasn't as good as Graceling. Am reading Bitterblue right now!

Sarah | 19 comments I loved Fire as much as Graceling and Bitterblue.

message 18: by Chelsea (last edited Jul 19, 2012 11:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) Fire and brigan is my favourite couple, although I am not a fan of love triangles or should I say love squares(Nash, Archer, Brigan). I enjoyed Fire very much and I love her character. Although, I am slightly sad to say I loved Graceling better!

message 19: by Kate (new)

Kate Menlove (katemenlove) | 1 comments I haven't read Graceling or Bitterblue but someone gave me Fire as a gift and I absolutely love it!!! I can't put it down every time I read it (which is about once every 5 months).

Linda G (lindagavino) | 2 comments Chelsea wrote: "Fire and brigan is my favourite couple, although I am not a fan of love triangles or should I say love squares(Nash, Archer, Brigan). I enjoyed Fire very much and I love her character. Although, I ..."

Me too! I loved Fire and Brigan! Didn't think I would at first but I found myself rooting for them. (view spoiler)

Kate wrote: "I haven't read Graceling or Bitterblue but someone gave me Fire as a gift and I absolutely love it!!! I can't put it down every time I read it (which is about once every 5 months)."

Fire is my favourite! I loved all the twists. Characters were awesome

Courtney | 3 comments I really liked Fire's story and I hate King Leck even more if that's at all possible!

Eveline Love love love this book! Review coming up soon :)

Beata (beatae) I loved Graceling and Bitterblue, but I wasn't a big fan of Fire. I just thought it dragged on too much, and didn't really hold my attention.

message 24: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Loved Fire, waiting for graceling at the library. Hope it's as good as Fire was

Harlee I loved Fire the first time I read it, but rereading was difficult. Graceling was my favorite of the three.

Laura (blueeyebooks) | 185 comments I loved Fire and I thought it really gave a good backstory for King Leck. I loved this whole series and I don't think I even have a favorite out of the three!

message 27: by R.L. (new) - rated it 2 stars

R.L. Stedman I was disappointed...I loved Graceling and Katsa but Fire just didn't work for me. I thought this might happen, because really nothing could be as good as Graceling, so I put off reading it for ages. Sadly, I was proved right.
What do people think of Bitterblue? I'm nervous it will be more like Fire than Graceling so might not read it.

Harlee It was pretty different from Graceling and Fire. Bitterblue is queen and a lot of the story is her digging through Leck's past and trying to learn more about her kingdom. Not nearly as much action, but a lot of mystery. It still wasn't as good as Graceling, but I thought it was alright.

message 29: by R.L. (new) - rated it 2 stars

R.L. Stedman Harlee wrote: "It was pretty different from Graceling and Fire. Bitterblue is queen and a lot of the story is her digging through Leck's past and trying to learn more about her kingdom. Not nearly as much action,..."

K thx. might wait a while for my disappointment to settle then :)

Christine D I loved this book!! The whole series was a great read !

message 31: by Riya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riya | 0 comments I also loved this book!! Not as good as Graceling, but still AMAZING!

message 32: by Cara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cara | 10 comments I adored this book! It is one of my favourites and unlike most my favourit of this series! :))

Nicole I admit that I was disappointed when I found out that this book was not about Katsa. But I loved Fire, maybe even more than Graceling.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I couldn't finish it. It was just so...boring. I might try it again, though, because I heard we find out more about Leck in this one.

Charlotte | 9 comments Hey :D I just can't understand how anybody could get bored of it! I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH. I think I like it even better than Graceling because I liked Fire'S character more than Katsa's. I loved the relationship between Katsa and Po more than the one of Fire and Brigan, though. But still, Fire was such a amazing book. I'm now starting Bitterblue and well, the first 50 pages were Kind of disappointing.. a little bit boring.