Move Me discussion

Genres Discussion > BOOOOM! (Action)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by No One (last edited Mar 01, 2012 10:45AM) (new)

No One (baka) | 140 comments Mod
"Bombs are all about cars, guns and bombs up people's asses," No One says with a grin. Because that's what it really is, of course with the occasional babe(s) somewhere along.

So grab your bazooka, get in the car and discuss all sorts of action movies.

message 2: by Nate (new)

Nate yippie ki yay Mother F'Er!

The Die Hard Series is Awesome.

message 3: by No One (new)

They're classics. Bruce Willis is an action God.

message 4: by No One (new)

Why not?

message 5: by Nate (new)

Nate Scary?

message 6: by No One (new)

Scary as in you don't like the blood?

message 7: by Nate (new)

Nate Or scary as in the anticipation of what's next. Suspense.

message 8: by No One (new)

Eh. I just remembered this girl from my previous class who had to hide her face every time there was a little blood because it was so scary.

message 9: by Nate (new)

Nate seriously? I'd be laughing.

message 10: by No One (new)

I couldn't focus on the movie because of her ...

message 11: by No One (new)

Hrm ... An action movie without too much blood and too much suspense ...

message 12: by Nate (new)

Nate idk I can't think tonight

message 13: by No One (new)

I'll think of it tomorrow or another day.

message 14: by Nate (new)

Nate so is that a challenge?

There ya go Noe' you should come up with some movie challenges.

message 15: by No One (new)

So tired. Another day. Brain dead.

message 16: by CJ (new)

CJ ugh, we've all had those days. Just watch a recent action movie and you'll go right to sleep cuz you'll know what is going to happen next. Movies are really predictable nowadays.

message 17: by No One (new)

Movies are pretty predictable because we've seen it all. Avatar ... Sheesh. I sat there almost saying the freaking lines. I was really pissed off because the movie was so stereotypical and boring. Just thinking about it makes me mad.

Last movie that I was amazed by was Inception. A great movie is when you don't wonder when it'll be over.

message 18: by CJ (new)

CJ I didn't see Inception, heard it was REALLY confusing which made it a bad movie, but I guess you liked it so maybe it wasn't HORRIBLE BEYOND BELIEF

message 19: by No One (new)

Horrible? As I walked out of the cinema the first thing I said was "I wanna see it again. Right now." I was amazed.

message 20: by CJ (new)

CJ ha ha, that's when you KNOW it was good. I haven't seen too many movies lately that make me wanna do that, but I really haven't gone to the movies lately, so whatev

message 21: by No One (new)

Same here. For some reason I sort of gave up on movies because it feels like they get crappier and crappier by the second. So now I'm trying to get back into the system.

message 22: by CJ (new)

CJ No, they are still good, but they are just too predictable. Plus, 90% are based off of a book or actual event or are just sequels to movies. Movies are still good, the writers are the ones who have fallen down on the job

message 23: by No One (new)

Perhaps this is a challenge for Goodreads writers. To write a manuscript. I've always wanted to do it. Well, I've written scenes, but a whole movie would be awesome to make.

message 24: by CJ (new)

CJ OMGOODNESS, that would be cool. So, what should the movie be about

message 25: by No One (new)

Good question. I think I'd want a psychological action film.

message 26: by CJ (new)

CJ psychological in what way? action will be hard though-make it suspenceful, but not over the top and/or predictible.

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 12, 2012 05:38PM) (new)

No One wrote: "Perhaps this is a challenge for Goodreads writers. To write a manuscript. I've always wanted to do it. Well, I've written scenes, but a whole movie would be awesome to make."

Omg, we could totally do that over Skype lol. Someone could write and edit the script, someone could make costumes, and someone else could film it. That's be so awesome. What if we turned one of our writings into a movie? I mean, it's not a published book, is it?

message 28: by CJ (new)

CJ No, movie writers get ideas from books. We KNOW the books are good, they just screw up the movies. We need to show what a GOOD movie is, not the junk we pay to see in the theaters

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I really want to turn this book I really like into a movie, but I don't know enough people to do it. Besides, most of the people I DO know are terrible actors/actresses.

message 30: by CJ (new)

CJ get me, i don't think i'm that bad of an actor

message 31: by CJ (new)

CJ let me rephrase that: actress

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol...I've been in a lot of plays, but I've never gotten a big part. I've never gotten a little part either, but still. I'm terrible at try-outs, but I do really good on stage. I'm too nervous at try-outs. My nerves are sticks of dynamite then.

message 33: by CJ (new)

CJ I understand that, you are still nervous in the play, but you don't have that "If I fail this, I'm going to be stuck being the tree again" feeling. maybe because you are the tree again, but whatever

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

At least I've never had ANYTHING as small as a tree lol...I have made a crowd laugh so hard...once I was doing a little jig thing, and my shoe flew off! Luckily, it was a house slipper and it didn't even hit anyone, but still, it was really embarrassing...we made it work out though.

message 35: by CJ (new)

CJ ha ha ha, almost wish someone did get hit, would have made story even more funny

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 12, 2012 05:57PM) (new)

oh you're so mean. X D

message 37: by CJ (new)

CJ no, I'm evil. A mean person would wish you died of embarrassment. I already know you did so I wanted someone to get hit. The Evil One is my true name! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! evil grin

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

nah, I didn't die of embarrassment. it was really quite funny, but still a little embarrassing.

message 39: by CJ (new)

CJ good, if you didn't die, i wouldn't have anyone to talk to on this group right now

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I could be a zombie. THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!

message 41: by CJ (new)

CJ ha ha ha. i can see it now: type, type, type, pick up finger, screw it back on, type, type type, pop eyeballs back in, type, type, type, ha ha ha

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha, that's funny.

message 43: by CJ (new)

CJ ik i should be a comedian, NOT

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

X D

message 45: by No One (new)

I saw Real Steel last night and I thought it was a great movie. The little kid looked like the boy who played Anakin in Star Wars The Phantom Menace. Anyschways, I wish there were more fighting scenes, and less father and son reunites. More action is always great.

message 46: by CJ (new)

CJ I thought I had seen the kid before, but I couldn't place him

message 47: by No One (new)

And even though they look so alike, the both of them aren't even related. The world's just a small place with familiar faces.

message 48: by No One (new)

The Avengers. Wow. It was quite something. I love superheroes and putting all those people together was just great. Especially with Tony Stark. His character was a lot better there than in Iron Man. Perhaps it's because all the characters bring out the contrast in each other.

message 49: by CJ (new)

CJ So one person gave it a "yes", who else recommends this movie? The more people who say yes, the more I want to see it, and I really wanted to see it before it came out, now it's sky rocketed.

message 50: by Karishma (new)

Karishma I'm seeing it sometime, idk when but maybe this weekend? But I've been hearing from everyone it's awesome, a few have said best movie they've ever seen. So I'm like you, all these people are making me wanna see it even more

« previous 1