The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hello Everyone!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (rocktopusjones) My name is Chelsea, I live in Southern California, and I'm starting to become more interested in mysteries. I read fantasy almost exclusively, but I discovered The Crossing Places last year, and I really enjoyed it. I'm interested in a tale with great atmosphere, and I also enjoy some history and archaeology sprinkled in. I greatly appreciate any recommendations!

message 2: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Hi Chelsea. Welcome to the group. As for a recommendation of mystery/history/archeology how about the Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters. The series has been around for quite some time but since it is set in Victorian times it has held up pretty well.

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (rocktopusjones) Oh, thank you! I saw a couple of her books at the library but they didn't have the first one, so I'll have to hunt it down. I hate not starting a series at the beginning.

message 4: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Hi Chelsea! *waves madly*

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (rocktopusjones) Hey there! Looks like we have even more in common!

message 6: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
Hi Chelsea. Welcome. I like the Peabody series, what few I have read. And I hate not starting at the beginning too. After the first one I'm okay with mixing up, but #1 has to be #1.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Crossing Places (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elizabeth Peters (other topics)