Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Entries That Have Only Been Made Available on a Website?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tntexas (new)

Tntexas | 404 comments Over the last couple of days, I've been chipping away at the list of books that are missing cover art and have run across a couple that I wasn't sure what to do with. Both were short stories that appear to have simply been posted on the author's website. I think they were tie-ins to a book series the author had written/is writing. I didn't know what to do with them so I left them alone.

My question is: What should I do if I run across a situation like that again - an entry that's listed as a book, but is really just a short story on a website? Leave it like it is? Delete it? Mark it as being not a book? Something else?

Thanks!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43570 comments Mod
That's considered release in ebook form.

message 3: by Tntexas (new)

Tntexas | 404 comments rivka wrote: "That's considered release in ebook form."

Thanks, rivka. I had assumed it would have had to have been published through something like Smashwords in order for it to be considered an ebook. Glad to have the information. :o)

~♥*Marianna*♥~ (marigam) | 6 comments Isn't there an option that says "online fiction". I thought ebook form was when you can download the book onto your computer(self published or not) but when a story is just on a website it is "online fiction".

message 5: by willaful (new)

willaful There isn't an "online fiction" option.

message 6: by ~♥*Marianna*♥~ (last edited Apr 28, 2012 12:22PM) (new)

~♥*Marianna*♥~ (marigam) | 6 comments I've seen it written in. For example: Traveling Blind. Is that allowed? Is that recommended?

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43570 comments Mod
~♥*Marianna*♥~ wrote: "Is that recommended?"

No. They should be corrected to "ebook".